Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 11:25 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Are you really "falling apart" because people make references to the Palin kids? Besides, people were putting Palin down for using her kids as props and not directing anything negative at the kids personally.
LOL No, I'm not falling apart. Thankfully, I've been spared of hearing this drivel anywhere but here. I'm just getting a kick out of the hate frenzy over Palin.

The bad thing about the internet is you can't see whom you're reading or talking to to see they're actually human so you're left to imagine. When I envision the haters here, I see a bunch of demon looking things flailing on the floor, screeching and writhing in pain from their own hatred. Who needs to watch horror movies when you've got a vivid imagination and Palin haters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 11:44 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
You crybabies. I can't wait to see you fall apart the first time someone says something about Obama's kids. Of course, you'll have to stick with your 'doesn't have a leg to stand on for thrusting them into the media' drivel or look like a moron.
Heck no!! If President Obama's daughters get pregnant out of wedlock, drop out of school or get picked up for underaged drinking, I fully expect the media will be all over it! I'm not gonna bit$h about it. Their dad is POTUS. Just as Bush was POTUS and Palin is Governor of Alaska, oh and she was on the losing GOP ticket for VPOTUS. It's news!

Old 01-21-2009, 11:48 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Heck no!! If President Obama's daughters get pregnant out of wedlock, drop out of school or get picked up for underaged drinking, I fully expect the media will be all over it! I'm not gonna bit$h about it. Their dad is POTUS. Just as Bush was POTUS and Palin is Governor of Alaska, oh and she was on the losing GOP ticket for VPOTUS. It's news!
Many pardons. I didn't realize it was any of your business.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:56 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Many pardons. I didn't realize it was any of your business.
Apology accepted.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:05 AM

1,344 posts, read 3,609,923 times
The network news media is slime. They paratrooped reporters into Alaska to find ANYTHING and EVERYTHING wrong with Sarah Palin but they couldn't report that Joe Biden's brother and nephew are facing multiple felony charges for extortion, tax evasion, and fraud.

My expectations for CBS, NBC, and ABC are very low...

Old 01-22-2009, 12:21 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,527,286 times
That would be like Paris Hilton telling me media to leave her alone and how they've hounded her to make her crazy.....
after she did everything she could to make herself famous, by putting her no talent face in front of party settings all the time.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:02 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
I don't like Clinton or Carter but I don't use that as an excuse to bash their daughters.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:54 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,589,940 times
wondering if the people saying the things above that her kids are fair game think the same thing about Obamas kids...

BTW Im for leaving both sets of kids alone.

Of course the media is going to be: Awwww lookie how cute Obams kids are compared to the trailer trash ho that Palins kid is.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:03 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
See, I don't have a problem with any politician bringing their family along for the ride. In fact, many parents have brought their kids to work and some even bring them on business trips. When I was younger, I actually liked going to my father's job as they developed some pretty nifty things that are in mass use today. If you are a politician, one of your jobs is to make speeches. What is so wrong about children getting to see firsthand what their parent(s) is/are doing?

When it comes to the media, however... different story. I think the media does need to leave the children alone - unless they have the consent of the parent(s) and child in question. I don't care if the child in question is that of a celebrity, politician, dictator, king, whatever. Because I know for a fact that I would never want the entire details of my life (who I'm dating, my grades, etc) being blasted over the news broadcasts for the sheer purpose of degrading my parents. To me, that's just sick and twisted.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:36 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,680,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
The network news media is slime. They paratrooped reporters into Alaska to find ANYTHING and EVERYTHING wrong with Sarah Palin but they couldn't report that Joe Biden's brother and nephew are facing multiple felony charges for extortion, tax evasion, and fraud.

My expectations for CBS, NBC, and ABC are very low...
Believe the time has come to address and refer to the Worthless Wonders appropriately. We should just say "Network Media"

True NEWS journalism became extinct some time ago. It's nothing but Tabloidia now. Any suggestion to what to call them that is befitting? I say Worthless Woinders but don't think it's catchy enough
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies