U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 09:35 PM

189 posts, read 526,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
Sure it's not classy, but I guess he didn't show much class either when he bombed Iraq and Afghanistan.
Thats the beauty of our government. One man cant send the country to war! I didnt love Bush, but some people have poor memories of certain events!

Also, only in politics can you make a decision, change it based on popular vote, and then change it back again if it suits your needs (ie: re-election) haha. There is no accountability within the government and I expect the same during the next 4 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 09:47 PM

56 posts, read 96,434 times
Culture and class are rapidly deteriorating in this country when people are that disrespectful.

This wasn't a basketball game where you boo the other team. It was an inauguration. Obama is a classy guy. Unfortunately many of his supporters demonstrate stupidity and redneck behavior.

They wouldn't know good manners and respect if it slapped them in the face.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:57 PM

26,459 posts, read 17,273,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Thats awful, and very low-class. The man was leaving office for Pete's sake. At least show him the courtesy that his position demands.
Bush did not show the office of the President the respect that it commands and displayed disdain and contempt for our Constitution. He took an oath to something that he referred to as a "damn piece of paper" and anyone wonders why he is so hated and disrespected? A patriotic person owes no allegiance to the "Commander Guy" that reneged on his oath.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:11 PM

26,459 posts, read 17,273,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew0020 View Post
Thats the beauty of our government. One man cant send the country to war! I didnt love Bush, but some people have poor memories of certain events!

Also, only in politics can you make a decision, change it based on popular vote, and then change it back again if it suits your needs (ie: re-election) haha. There is no accountability within the government and I expect the same during the next 4 years.
Bush/Cheney were running a shadow government. There was never any tranparency or accountability, but it seems as if that is going to change now.

Obama issues executive orders on ethics

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time President Obama « - Blogs from CNN.com

Old 01-21-2009, 10:19 PM

5,129 posts, read 4,776,006 times
Did you really expect these people to act as if they have a brain. They voted for Obama for cryin out loud. They have no class and no sense of unity like they claim.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:31 PM

5,027 posts, read 5,537,200 times
If Bush had shown one ounce of respect towards the American people, I'd be inclined to just let him go with a stony silence. But he never did.

OK, that's a little harsh. They guy was decent enough to stand up for immigrants against the wingnuts. And his AIDS policy was half-right. He did show some class at the end - but it was obvious that he'd rather have turned the whole thing over on November 5.

Still, he deserves jail time. I don't know why you should be upset about some jeering.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
If Bush had shown one ounce of respect towards the American people, I'd be inclined to just let him go with a stony silence. But he never did.

Yeah sure. What a bunch of crap and you know it. That man wept with all of us on 9/11. I think you really need to see a professional about your hate it is not healthy.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Yeah sure. What a bunch of crap and you know it. That man wept with all of us on 9/11. I think you really need to see a professional about your hate it is not healthy.
Check my edit. I don't give him any extra respect for being upset about 9/11. We all were. But he completely f***** up his entire response to that, and he lied to us the entire way. Same with Katrina.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Check my edit. I don't give him any extra respect for being upset about 9/11. We all were. But he completely f***** up his entire response to that, and he lied to us the entire way. Same with Katrina.

Oh and the mayor and governor had nothing to do with the screw up in NO or the idiots that were told to get out but didn't? Please GMAFB.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Oh and the mayor and governor had nothing to do with the screw up in NO or the idiots that were told to get out but didn't? Please GMAFB.
Please point out where I said that Bush was the only one who made mistakes.

I'll wait here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies