U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 07:58 AM

878 posts, read 1,883,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I think it was rotten that they did it during the inauguration because it took away from the pomp and circumstance of the Obama family's day. The crowd should have had respectful restraint because President Obama used his words to put down Wonderboy in front of him during his inaugural speech!
Obama's inauguration has turned into a massive joke. In trying to turn the event into a world-class solemn event he made it the laughing stock of the world.

I'm pretty embarrassed to admit that a majority of voters supported this guy. It does not reflect well on our national intelligence.

Hopefully he presents himself more seriously and grows into a statesman in the next 4 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 07:59 AM

19,556 posts, read 19,255,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
bush didnt give a **** about 90% of america, so tough **** for him. i would have booed him too
Guess that shows how much class you have.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:08 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,332,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Guess that shows how much class you have.
bush doesnt deserve my class

Old 01-22-2009, 08:09 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,509,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Ambivalence View Post
I would like to remind you that President Bush has not been charged with any of the lies you have stated about him. He has not been tried, convicted or sentenced because of anything that occurred during his watch.

A man is presumed innocent until proven guilty in this country. Yet you (being gullible and ignorant) have been brainwashed by the media into thinking George W. Bush is a criminal.

Again I say to you. If there was one shred of evidence that the president had commited crimes he would already be in jail. Pelosi and Reid would have had him impeached. There would have been no waiting around. Remember how quickly Clinton was arraigned while in office?

The media has been as relentless in their efforts to defame, embarass and convict George W. Bush as they have promoting and lionizing Barack Obama. It would make sense that in their zeal, if they found anything incriminating and worthy of exposing for prosecution it would be known to Pelosi, Reid and both houses of Congress.

The rush to persecute George W. Bush reminds me of the rush to persecute Jesus Christ.

Sickening!

Comparing bush to Jesus!!!

GOOD! If he IS convicted I'd happily supply the cross and nails!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 08:10 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,661,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
You cannot judge a part of society (Democrats) based on the actions of a few.

Remember when people yelled, "Kill him" when Sarah Palin talked about Obama? That was one Republican. I don't say that makes the entire party disrespectful and lacking in class.

It was wrong when the morons at the Palin rallies said those things, and it's wrong for people to say that about the president. Sorry but wishing harm on anyone because they have different political beliefs than you is sick.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:11 AM

And again the class and tact of the left shines through....

Old 01-22-2009, 08:15 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,332,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
And again the class and tact of the left shines through....

huh? by posting that picture, shows you are the one with no class

Old 01-22-2009, 08:15 AM

1,992 posts, read 3,728,103 times
[quote=zman0;7114892]Obama's inauguration has turned into a massive joke. In trying to turn the event into a world-class solemn event he made it the laughing stock of the world.

I'm pretty embarrassed to admit that a majority of voters supported this guy. It does not reflect well on our national intelligence.

Hopefully he presents himself more seriously and grows into a statesman in the next 4 years.[/quote)

Everything that I have heard and read indicates that the "world" liked the ceremony and our president. He is more of a statesman than we have had in a long, long time--since before Clinton.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:17 AM

1,992 posts, read 3,728,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
It was wrong when the morons at the Palin rallies said those things, and it's wrong for people to say that about the president. Sorry but wishing harm on anyone because they have different political beliefs than you is sick.
I agree! Thanks for the post. And I agree that those who were disrespectful of Bush were wrong. But, you cannot blame it on Obama any more than you can blame the comment mentioned above on Palin.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
huh? by posting that picture, shows you are the one with no class
Yes...I am sure it does in your mind.

Daring to denigrate(look it up) the Chosen One and his followers.

So there is nothing wrong with actually booing a President but to make fun of the way Obama's followers worship him is showing a lack of class...

Leftist logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies