U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 01:13 PM

11,102 posts, read 13,144,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
Lets remember that it was only a handful of the 2 million that turned up. Lets not tar everyone with the same brush.
AW WTH???....that's the GOP way isn't it,tar them all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 01:17 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,866,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Oh and the mayor and governor had nothing to do with the screw up in NO or the idiots that were told to get out but didn't? Please GMAFB.
You notice something..Bush is always the commonn denominator in a screw up. In my line of work, we call that a clue.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:21 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,658,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
You notice something..Bush is always the commonn denominator in a screw up. In my line of work, we call that a clue.

So it was President Bush who elected the Mayor of New Orleans?

Oh Wait no. Sorry

Old 01-22-2009, 01:44 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,866,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
So it was President Bush who elected the Mayor of New Orleans?

Oh Wait no. Sorry
No smartguy..Bush didn't respond to a NATIONAL DISASTER but people would like to blame the local Mayor(Bush did hire Brownie). Bush lead the push to war in Iraq but people want to blame the Congress and on and on and on...........If you're always connected to a [MOD CUT/language] up you're probably a [MOD CUT/language] up.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-22-2009 at 08:40 PM..

Old 01-22-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
No smartguy..Bush didn't respond to a NATIONAL DISASTER but people would like to blame the local Mayor(Bush did hire Brownie). Bush lead the push to war in Iraq but people want to blame the Congress and on and on and on...........If you're always connected to a [MOD CUT/language] up you're probably a [MOD CUT/language] up.
Whats the matter some one have hurt feelings

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-22-2009 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: edited for quoted post

Old 01-22-2009, 05:23 PM

1,554 posts, read 1,342,641 times
It was classless and damaging to the ability of Obama to bring about some type of bipartisan thinking in this country.

I don't blame Obama for it though....and you republicans in this forum know that your party has some crazy hyperpartisan folks too.

I really have hope with the Obama administration. We all know that chief justice Roberts messed up the oath of office. Bided made a demeaning remark about it in front of Obama and it was reported that Obama gave him a dirty look.

That dirty look gives me hope that maybe he will tell those in his own party to cut the barbs out that both parties seem so willing to throw at the "other" party for their own political gain all the time.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
It was classless and damaging to the ability of Obama to bring about some type of bipartisan thinking in this country.

I don't blame Obama for it though....and you republicans in this forum know that your party has some crazy hyperpartisan folks too.

I really have hope with the Obama administration. We all know that chief justice Roberts messed up the oath of office. Bided made a demeaning remark about it in front of Obama and it was reported that Obama gave him a dirty look.

That dirty look gives me hope that maybe he will tell those in his own party to cut the barbs out that both parties seem so willing to throw at the "other" party for their own political gain all the time.

It would be nice instead of fighting and trading insults the politicians focus on fixing this country because thats what the majority of us want. I have said it many times and it may not be popular but as a person who leans conservative I think the GOP needs to distance themselves from Rush Limbaugh and some other of the attacking personality types. I think he and others do nothing but further drive away and polarize people when you could try and work toghter on somethings.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:36 PM

5,027 posts, read 5,522,468 times
Quote:
Whats the matter some one have hurt feelings
Only the die-hard 12% of Bush supporters, as the rest of America and the entire world booooo him off the world stage. What a pathetic bunch of losers.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Only the die-hard 12% of Bush supporters, as the rest of America and the entire world booooo him off the world stage. What a pathetic bunch of losers.

Why so much hate shouldn't you be happy Obama is in office?

The fact that you have to resort to 3rd grade name calling also furthers the pathetic tone of the post.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:42 PM

3,288 posts, read 3,963,955 times
Quote:
Why so much hate shouldn't you be happy Obama is in office?
People are happy that Obama is in office but pissed with the fact that for at least the next 4 years we're going to have to deal with the fallout of the prior administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies