U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 11:12 PM

862 posts, read 2,352,950 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Hamas In Their Own Voices
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 05:00 AM

9,712 posts, read 7,994,553 times
tagging for later

Old 01-22-2009, 07:25 AM

119 posts, read 201,214 times
I don't care what the filthy trash say. As long as the vermin stay out of the U.S.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:47 AM

5,963 posts, read 10,727,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
Tried to give you a rep point but it said I gotta spread them around. Thanks for the link; makes me sick to my stomach to even look at those people and listen to them spew their hatred all in the name of God. Wake up America!

Old 01-24-2009, 02:03 AM

31,777 posts, read 24,821,962 times
Let us not forget Mossad's role in creation of Hamas, when the idea was to provide a "domesticated" alternative to PLO. Clear failure on yet another political experiment to settle what had become an occupation. Ultimately, Bush's dream about peace in the middle east via democracy came to fruition, with Hamas winning the election and getting to power.

As for Islam, what about it? It has the same roots as Christianity, and in fact, includes Jesus as the soul of Allah (God).

Having said that, I also noticed braderjoe being called neo-nazi. I thought one had to be anti-semitic to be dubbed as such. So, while we're trying to seek truth, how about we also talk about Arabs being semites as well, the descendents of Shem (sp?), like Jews. And while anti-semitic sentiments were born in Germany and targeted only Jews, technically it is anti-semitic to speak ill of Arabs. So, I don't see how mod cut fits the bill.

Besides, mod cut, such personal attack is a violation of terms of service.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 01-24-2009 at 03:08 PM..

Old 01-24-2009, 09:58 AM

5,532 posts, read 5,953,481 times
mod cut, is it just a coincidence that you cannot relate to the OP without the usual mumbo jumbo, without implicating (again) the Mossad or the occupation?
Can we even discuss the weather without mentioning "occupation"?
What struck me as amazing is Hamas hatred of... Rome and the Catholic Church. I heard the pope on many occasions preaching for peace, even taking a stand in favor of palestinians. Also, the degree of hatred expressed in the clip is unbelievable.
I understand that most arabs share a deep hate for Israel, but do they really share Hamas ideology (and to what degree). It is hard to know since unlike in the US, muslims never criticize other muslims publicly, even when having deep disagreements.

(Yes, Hamas was encouraged by Israel to some degree in 80s to be an alternative to the PLO. It was one of Israel's mistakes, though Hamas would probably exist even without Israel's support. They are one of the many muslim brothers offsprings).

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 01-24-2009 at 03:09 PM..

Old 01-24-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Besides, mod cut, such personal attack is a violation of terms of service.
Isn't being a troll a violation of terms of service?

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 01-24-2009 at 03:09 PM..

Old 01-24-2009, 10:37 AM

31,777 posts, read 24,821,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1;7149159[COLOR=red
][/color] mod cut, is it just a coincidence that you cannot relate to the OP without the usual mumbo jumbo, without implicating (again) the Mossad or the occupation?
Can we even discuss the weather without mentioning "occupation"?
What struck me as amazing is Hamas hatred of... Rome and the Catholic Church. I heard the pope on many occasions preaching for peace, even taking a stand in favor of palestinians. Also, the degree of hatred expressed in the clip is unbelievable.
I understand that most arabs share a deep hate for Israel, but do they really share Hamas ideology (and to what degree). It is hard to know since unlike in the US, muslims never criticize other muslims publicly, even when having deep disagreements.

(Yes, Hamas was encouraged by Israel to some degree in 80s to be an alternative to the PLO. It was one of Israel's mistakes, though Hamas would probably exist even without Israel's support. They are one of the many muslim brothers offsprings).
Talk about contradiction! Holding Mossad responsible for creation/growth of Hamas is mumbo-jumbo when I say it, and one of Israel's mistake when you do it. How about a little consistency beyond a demonstrated hatred of Arabs? And to think they hate Israel and America. Believe me, it is this attitude that has created the rift and hatred, on both sides. It makes you no different than them, other than your position to be able to talk about it, as opposed to having to struggle to be free (which Palestinians aren't allowed, hence the resistance).

To Palestinians, and to the Arab world, and the rest of the Muslim world, likes of Hamas are indeed freedom fighters, albeit a radical right group that resorts to terrorism. I'm not sure terrorism has ever won anybody independence from an occupation (I'm calling it what it is, even if you hate to hear it) and abusive policies in place by Israel government (note, I didn't say, Israelis, because there are many I know personally who don't like what the government has been doing).

You and I should be glad we aren't Palestinians, living in one of the "reservations" within Israel.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 01-24-2009 at 03:10 PM..

Old 01-24-2009, 11:28 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,262,270 times
Quote:
Talk about contradiction! Holding Mossad responsible for creation/growth of Hamas is mumbo-jumbo when I say it, and one of Israel's mistake when you do it. How about a little consistency beyond a demonstrated hatred of Arabs? And to think they hate Israel and America. Believe me, it is this attitude that has created the rift and hatred, on both sides. It makes you no different than them, other than your position to be able to talk about it, as opposed to having to struggle to be free (which Palestinians aren't allowed, hence the resistance).

To Palestinians, and to the Arab world, and the rest of the Muslim world, likes of Hamas are indeed freedom fighters, albeit a radical right group that resorts to terrorism. I'm not sure terrorism has ever won anybody independence from an occupation (I'm calling it what it is, even if you hate to hear it) and abusive policies in place by Israel government (note, I didn't say, Israelis, because there are many I know personally who don't like what the government has been doing).

You and I should be glad we aren't Palestinians, living in one of the "reservations" within Israel.

Hamas are freedom fighters? Behind womens skirts? Drenched in childrens blood?
You want to call things as they are....fine. Palestinians are living a crap existence due in equal part to the Israelis and Hamas. Hamas has no desire for peace, for if it came what would become of them? They would be obsolete, as would the universal muslim party line of "don't pay any attention to the ****hole you are currently living in due to your beloved leaders instead pay attention to the evil Israelis and the United States!"
You are indeed a fool if you cannot see that.
As to the Israelis part in this --- they need to stop the 'settlers'. They are stirring the pot, and are as cowardly as Hamas. After all, when they stir resentment up in the Palestinians, who do they call for help? The Israeli army. Otherwise, they have no use for Israeli laws or peace accords. Israeli needs to find its own 'inner balls' and start clamping down on their religious nutjobs.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
1) You got me wrong. All I wanted is to acknowledge that Israel indeed made mistakes and that you were correct about this fact. You cannot accept even someone that agrees with something you say. All I said is that in the context of the OP, relating to the mossad was bizarre. That was not the topic. Hamas was.
2) Hatred for US and Israel is not limited to Palestinians. The whole Islamic world resonates with that. It has nothing to do with the fact Palestinians cannot express themselves. Just take a look at Israel's parliament and see how free the arab delegates are when crying and yelling everyday: "Israel is a war criminal". Can we imagine someone saying that in the Syrian parliament about Assad???
3) As you can see in US (and more so in Israel) there are many opinions expressed. Many Israelis harshly criticize their government and there are conflicting opinions whiting the government itself. (As for the US just read this forum).
4) Isn't that weird that 500 million muslims share one single opinion in regard to Israel? There are more different opinions in our little town-hall meetings.
5) How can you even compare the negativity towards muslims in US and Israel (which absolutely exists to some degree) with the one the Islamic world shares about the US and Israel?
Quote:
Let me explain in plain and simple words (with the hope that you can once listen with open mind. Maybe this time...)
Hamas is a package deal. As i said before, they would have been there (in one form or another) even if Israel was not. The muslim brothers date back to 1928, long before Israel's independence. Their ideology deals in part with Israel, but the true goal is establishing "a state of Allah" with the Quran as its law (not unlike Iran) in the whole region. As you could see in the video clip, they also aim to avenge the Crusades (albeit a millennia late). My question was if you and others subscribe to that philosophy, because you cannot separate the two.
Quote:
Agreed. I would have left the "reservations" decades ago.

Last edited by oberon_1; 01-24-2009 at 12:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies