U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-23-2009, 05:19 PM
 
Location: MIA
1,335 posts, read 3,208,615 times
Reputation: 566

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristina1 View Post
Bush ended up achieving what Al Qaeda couldn't - financial turmoil in the US. We're broke, in debt, and losing millions of jobs.
You must also be a member of the "blame America first" coalition...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-23-2009, 05:25 PM
 
Location: New York, New York
4,861 posts, read 6,081,406 times
Reputation: 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
You must also be a member of the "blame America first" coalition...
Cuba I think the chemicals you put on your big suburban lawn is affecting your thinking! We are Blaming Bush and the current GOP because we love America!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2009, 05:34 PM
 
Location: MIA
1,335 posts, read 3,208,615 times
Reputation: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Cuba I think the chemicals you put on your big suburban lawn is affecting your thinking! We are Blaming Bush and the current GOP because we love America!
Wake up from your dream and you'll discover that Obama isn't the second coming, and that many who voted for Bush in 2004 did so because John Kerry was an absolute douche bag. I know it's fun for you right now to be stuck in the fervor of Obama's victory, but it's scary to look at the faces of some of his admirers when he speaks. It's almost a cult-like attraction.

99% of politicians are scumbags or at least have alterior motives they don't tell you about. What are the chances Obama is a 1-percenter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2009, 05:41 PM
 
Location: New York, New York
4,861 posts, read 6,081,406 times
Reputation: 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Wake up from your dream and you'll discover that Obama isn't the second coming, and that many who voted for Bush in 2004 did so because John Kerry was an absolute douche bag. I know it's fun for you right now to be stuck in the fervor of Obama's victory, but it's scary to look at the faces of some of his admirers when he speaks. It's almost a cult-like attraction.

99% of politicians are scumbags or at least have alterior motives they don't tell you about. What are the chances Obama is a 1-percenter?
we don't know! We can only judge them on what we know about them! We were burned by Bush! I have faith in Obama, you won't even give him a chance! What if he is a 1-percenter? We all watched McCain do a 180 degree turn over the last few years so we new he wasn't a 1-percenter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2009, 05:42 PM
 
Location: New York, New York
4,861 posts, read 6,081,406 times
Reputation: 1019
PS I am happy about Obamas victory! I had forgotten over the last eight years how good hope felt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2009, 05:56 PM
 
Location: MIA
1,335 posts, read 3,208,615 times
Reputation: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
PS I am happy about Obamas victory! I had forgotten over the last eight years how good hope felt!
Well I am happy for you. Just don't lose track of reality during your blissful victory. I would only be as happy as you if Jesus himself descended from the heavens. People like you scare me becuase it sounds like you love him, almost cult-like, and you make it sound as if you were confined to a jail cell the last 8 years. Does it suck that much to be a minority?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2009, 06:04 PM
 
Location: New York, New York
4,861 posts, read 6,081,406 times
Reputation: 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Well I am happy for you. Just don't lose track of reality during your blissful victory. I would only be as happy as you if Jesus himself descended from the heavens. People like you scare me becuase it sounds like you love him, almost cult-like, and you make it sound as if you were confined to a jail cell the last 8 years. Does it suck that much to be a minority?
I am actually thankful for my culture are you? I blindly follow no one so you don't have to worry about that as far as loving Obama and being cult like and all that stop repeating talking points! I haven't been locked in a cell I just love my country and am happy it's getting back on track! Sorry if I disappointed you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2009, 06:20 PM
 
16,300 posts, read 24,981,174 times
Reputation: 8282
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
You must also be a member of the "blame America first" coalition...
No, he is a member of "place blame where it belongs" group, as am I. If that happens to be on the sholders of commander clueless, then to do otherwise is counterproductive, and only affirms you are just in denial, or have simply not paid attention to the agenda and missteps of the last 8 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2009, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
175 posts, read 640,078 times
Reputation: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
You must also be a member of the "blame America first" coalition...
I didn't blame America for the terrorist attacks. I do blame America for the financial crisis that we're in. If you've got someone better to blame, let me know because I'd love to hear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2009, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
175 posts, read 640,078 times
Reputation: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
No, he is a member of "place blame where it belongs" group, as am I. If that happens to be on the sholders of commander clueless, then to do otherwise is counterproductive, and only affirms you are just in denial, or have simply not paid attention to the agenda and missteps of the last 8 years.
Exactly! I've got to give you kudos for this post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:08 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top