U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:35 AM

4,861 posts, read 6,080,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Here's another example

ABC News: Obama's Pastor: God Damn America, U.S. to Blame for 9/11
Sen. Barack Obama's pastor says blacks should not sing "God Bless America" but "God damn America."
The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for the last 20 years at the Trinity United Church of Christ on Chicago's south side, has a long history of what even Obama's campaign aides concede is "inflammatory rhetoric," including the assertion that the United States brought on the 9/11 attacks with its own "terrorism."
What dos that have to do with liberals? There are many inflamotory reemarks made by Republican backers aswell, but does that represent the whole? As for your link I have the same response, does that represent the whole? I have found that the left tends to not to jump to conclusions based on the reaction of one group! The right tends to stereotype a whole group based on the feelings or reaction of one person or group! I commend you Sailor Dave for showing that you are looking for facts and believe that both sides have good reason! That is why I look for view points from those who disagree with my own! I incourage you to do the same! Then you will see how insignificant one groups reaction is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 12:38 AM

14,095 posts, read 23,701,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
What dos that have to do with liberals? There are many inflamotory reemarks made by Republican backers aswell, but does that represent the whole? As for your link I have the same response, does that represent the whole? I have found that the left tends to not to jump to conclusions based on the reaction of one group! The right tends to stereotype a whole group based on the feelings or reaction of one person or group! I commend you Sailor Dave for showing that you are looking for facts and believe that both sides have good reason! That is why I look for view points from those who disagree with my own! I incourage you to do the same! Then you will see how insignificant one groups reaction is!
So the NEA, Obama's pastor, and a college professor are all "one group"? Those are just three examples I choose to post. I made a remark and someone asked me to provide proof and so I did.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:43 AM

3,288 posts, read 3,979,415 times
So you're proposing we teach children to hate muslims? That's kind of ****ed up isn't it?

Old 01-22-2009, 12:47 AM

14,095 posts, read 23,701,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
So you're proposing we teach children to hate muslims? That's kind of ****ed up isn't it?
So are you saying that Al Qaeda/Taliban represents muslims?

Old 01-22-2009, 12:49 AM

3,288 posts, read 3,979,415 times
They represent muslim fundamentalists, but teaching hate in any form in any school is pretty ****ed up. On top of that you're teaching children, and if the possibility is left open enough they may translate that hatred over to the cool muslims.

Also, I doubt they were informed to "blame America". It was probably more like "explain the background behind the attack and talk about that letter Bin Laden wrote regarding the attacks", which I remember discussing in a class in college.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
So the NEA, Obama's pastor, and a college professor are all "one group"? Those are just three examples I choose to post. I made a remark and someone asked me to provide proof and so I did.
The question Jeremiah Wright has been adressed! The other two again Sailor Dave are from a single source! I USUALLY LOOK AT SEVERAL SOURCES BEFORE I ACCEPT SOMETHING AS FACT! I still commend you for being a good citizen and finding out what is going on in our country and bringing yor point of view to a place where we can disguss what we believe and hopefully come to an understanding! I doubt that but hopefully we will see that we are all love our country!

Old 01-22-2009, 12:59 AM

What happened to Cuba Libre he seemed so confident! Maybe he has an early meeting he does make all that money! Maybe neighbors in the suburbs are complaining he is making to much noise so he had to go to bed!

Old 01-22-2009, 04:36 AM

18,243 posts, read 10,161,464 times
If Bush bashers hated Al Qaeda/Taliban as much as they hate George Bush the world would be a better place...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
But noooo, they have to blame America first!!!!!!
And if George Bush had hated them, he would have finished the job in Afghanistan and CAUGHT BIN LADEN as he promised. But he didn't. He said "dead or alive" and sixty days later said "I don't think about him much".

The Bush family and the Bin Laden families have done business together for years.

I don't blame America for anything; I blame Bush. He had the chance to make the World a better place and turned and ran.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:45 AM

25,905 posts, read 39,198,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
But noooo, they have to blame America first!!!!!!
First they blame any Rep...or rather Bush and than they are cutting down on security....

Under Bush I felt save, now we have to see what will happen....Potus could be busy txt, working out or getting experience on the job or being pulled all ways since he is a politician who has to dance to Pelosi, Reid, Clinton, etc....

I agree with Rush....I want Potus to do well if he changes his fews, I want him to fail if he does what he has promissed during his campaign!

Old 01-22-2009, 11:03 AM

4,406 posts, read 5,470,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
First they blame any Rep...or rather Bush and than they are cutting down on security....

Under Bush I felt save, now we have to see what will happen....Potus could be busy txt, working out or getting experience on the job or being pulled all ways since he is a politician who has to dance to Pelosi, Reid, Clinton, etc....

I agree with Rush....I want Potus to do well if he changes his fews, I want him to fail if he does what he has promissed during his campaign!
You agree with Rush in wanting the newly elected President to fail. Please take the next flight out of the country. You are the problem. There, I've done my good deed for the day, removing the deadwood. That's my "few".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies