Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:46 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Took your post for response to a more appropriate thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No, he doesn't think it is a good idea. He thinks it is something we have to do, and I agree with him. After years of mismanagement, and letting things run amuck, it is time to take charge.

Spending itself isn't a bad thing. When I started my business, I had to spend. How I spent my money, where I spent my money, was, however, key.

Obama is going to spend for sure, but where it is needed, and he is going to cut down spending where we have been wasting. He's more than smart to realize the difference. It is his time, and within his capacity. From what I have seen in him, I believe him and will support unless he refuses to make adjustments, and does what I know he can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 12:49 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You missed this post to help keep this thread intact.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:56 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Well when did deficit spending start and why? Why is Obama going into deficit spending now? Deficit spending isn't the "in" thing to do. Every time it's been done the economy was on a downturn anytime taxes are cut it's been on a economic downturn. The tech bubble wasn't a fallacy neither was 9/11, Katrina along with numerous other events that can only be reacted to. Obama is following the same deficit spending idea along with trickle down economics. The only difference is he's going to pull money from defense projects and other things he finds inefficient and he doesn't think necessary and try to save money there and spend money on building more infrastructure. http://comptroller.nyc.gov/bureaus/b...year-later.pdf 9/11 alone cost NY around $90 billion along with the lost lives and what we are now finding out vast number of lung disease cases which is probably immeasurable in terms of cost. $100+ billion in damages, 1000's of lives lost, no idea how far reached the lung disease from it will go. I myself put great importance on defense others don't see it as important.

Just outside looking in if I had to blame anyone in the blowing our money as fast as they can I don't know anyone who could seriously say making it bigger will make it cheaper or more responsible. At least not from anything they have much shown in my life. That's just an observation and opinion only. I'd get a divorce if I could.
He's going to cut spending everywhere there's waste. He wont fund Bridge to Nowhere-type projects in any sector.

He's not going to cut our defense program in any way that will make us weaker or unprepared. Going to Afghanistan wont be cheap. But you know this time we wont be handing spare billions to unpatriotic, government-welfare-dependent war profiteers.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:04 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
How many times are the Bush kool aid drinkers going to post this ridiculous LIE. The stories about so-called Clinton vandalism were EXPOSED AS COMPLETE BS about a month after LImbaugh whipped up his dittoheads. Never happened!

golfgod
You don't know what you are talking about!

The General Accounting Office, an investigative arm of Congress, said today that ''damage, theft, vandalism and pranks did occur in the White House complex'' in the presidential transition from Bill Clinton to George W. Bush.
The agency put the cost at $13,000 to $14,000, including $4,850 to replace computer keyboards, many with damaged or missing W keys.

Some of the damage, it said, was clearly intentional.
Glue was smeared on desk drawers. Messages disparaging President Bush were left on signs and in telephone voice mail. A few of the messages used profane or obscene language.

The investigation was undertaken in response to a request from Representative Bob Barr, Republican of Georgia, one of Mr. Clinton's harshest critics.
''The Clinton administration treated the White House worse than college freshmen checking out of their dorm rooms,'' Mr. Barr said today.

White House Vandalized In Transition, G.A.O. Finds - New York Times

Bush Spokesman Catalogs Pranks Attributed to Clinton Aides - New York Times

Clinton Transition Left $15,000 Damage, GAO Says

Clinton Transition Left $15,000 Damage, GAO Says - Los Angeles Times

Old 01-22-2009, 01:05 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
He's going to cut spending everywhere there's waste. He wont fund Bridge to Nowhere-type projects in any sector.

He's not going to cut our defense program in any way that will make us weaker or unprepared. Going to Afghanistan wont be cheap. But you know this time we wont be handing spare billions to unpatriotic, government-welfare-dependent war profiteers.
Don't forget the parting of waters!

Old 01-22-2009, 01:36 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
[

INCREASING spending while running a trillion dollar deficit would indicate it is not an issue.
But it wouldn't indicate that Obama doesn't think it's a big deal.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:39 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
You don't know what you are talking about!

The General Accounting Office, an investigative arm of Congress, said today that ''damage, theft, vandalism and pranks did occur in the White House complex'' in the presidential transition from Bill Clinton to George W. Bush.
The agency put the cost at $13,000 to $14,000, including $4,850 to replace computer keyboards, many with damaged or missing W keys.

Some of the damage, it said, was clearly intentional.
Glue was smeared on desk drawers. Messages disparaging President Bush were left on signs and in telephone voice mail. A few of the messages used profane or obscene language.

The investigation was undertaken in response to a request from Representative Bob Barr, Republican of Georgia, one of Mr. Clinton's harshest critics.
''The Clinton administration treated the White House worse than college freshmen checking out of their dorm rooms,'' Mr. Barr said today.

White House Vandalized In Transition, G.A.O. Finds - New York Times

Bush Spokesman Catalogs Pranks Attributed to Clinton Aides - New York Times

Clinton Transition Left $15,000 Damage, GAO Says

Clinton Transition Left $15,000 Damage, GAO Says - Los Angeles Times
And straight from your first link:

The accounting office said similar pranks were reported in prior transitions, including the one from Mr. Bush's father to Mr. Clinton in 1993. ''We were unable to conclude,'' it said, ''whether the 2001 transition was worse than previous ones.''

OOOOOhhh, I get it. Bush's administration decided not to follow tradition. Well good for them!

Old 01-22-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And straight from your first link:

The accounting office said similar pranks were reported in prior transitions, including the one from Mr. Bush's father to Mr. Clinton in 1993. ''We were unable to conclude,'' it said, ''whether the 2001 transition was worse than previous ones.''

OOOOOhhh, I get it. Bush's administration decided not to follow tradition. Well good for them!
Wouldnt it have been nice if he'd followed Daddy only in office pranks?

Old 01-22-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Don't forget the parting of waters!
So, you LIKE bloat and government waste?

Old 01-22-2009, 08:54 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
So vandalism DID occur...and several posters stated it was a lie...

Hmmm.....I imagine they will be along soon to post their apologies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies