Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 09:35 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Obama isn't responsible for them but should give a statement that he doesn't associate him self anymore with Jayz and his use of the "n" word and Bush bashing...Obama stated before he is a huge fan of Jayz and loves his work and has his music on his IPOD...that makes it IMO necessary for Obama to make another statement....Obama also stated he follows the music industry and knows what is going on...second reason to come and give a statement and try to get the people like Jayz to wise up...but I guess Obama will never do that...only when it gets to heated to him like with the Rev. Wright case....
Why should he issue such a statement? Doesn't JayZ have just as much a right to express his feelings as you (even moreso, since he's an American citizen)? Obama is sworn to DEFEND the Constitution and therefore our rights as defined therein. Not to inhibit free speech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 02:26 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

YouTube - Rappers Jay-Z and Young Jeezy Slam Bush in Racist Inaugural Rant

Old 01-24-2009, 02:30 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Links and which ball?

Apparently, beyond the official ones, everything from MTV to Hollywierd turds had a ball going.

The MTV one would not be surprise.

It was most likely the youth ball. You had to be under 35, although Demi Moore was there with her boy.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:50 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,434,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Why should he issue such a statement? Doesn't JayZ have just as much a right to express his feelings as you (even moreso, since he's an American citizen)? Obama is sworn to DEFEND the Constitution and therefore our rights as defined therein. Not to inhibit free speech.
And this had to include racial slurs?? Pure class.

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 01-24-2009 at 02:55 AM.. Reason: add

Old 01-24-2009, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Now what would have happened if McCain became President and a music group used racial slurs?? Think about it! "Not to inhibit free speech" - well that seems to depend upon "who" is wanting to use free speech.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:05 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,196,626 times
Here we go again. I can tell that most of you don't listen to rap.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Here we go again. I can tell that most of you don't listen to rap.
Oh you mean that stuff that spews insults to women, the police, and racial slurs; filthy language?

Old 01-24-2009, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge

Now what would have happened if McCain became President and a music group used racial slurs?? Think about it! "Not to inhibit free speech" - well that seems to depend upon "who" is wanting to use free speech.

================================================== =

Waiting on an answer here............

Old 01-24-2009, 04:06 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Oh you mean that stuff that spews insults to women, the police, and racial slurs; filthy language?
There a lot of people who just don't get rap and will just regurgitate the rhetoric they have read/heard in the media or forums like this. While I don't advocate gang violence or encourage it in music, listen rap is just a reflection of life, no use pretending kids don't hear cussing and even worse in the playground. My collection of rap and hip hop is limited to a few artists I enjoy and many cases it's just the beat...some times it's just the beat that keeps me going as I'm driving, cooking or clean the toilet.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
There a lot of people who just don't get rap and will just regurgitate the rhetoric they have read/heard in the media or forums like this. While I don't advocate gang violence or encourage it in music, listen rap is just a reflection of life, no use pretending kids don't hear cussing and even worse in the playground. My collection of rap and hip hop is limited to a few artists I enjoy and many cases it's just the beat...some times it's just the beat that keeps me going as I'm driving, cooking or clean the toilet.
Well I am one who does get rap, nothing wrong with the beat, it's what they spew, especially at the Inauguration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies