Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:55 AM

114 posts, read 180,314 times

Advertisements

didn't 9/11 happen a year after Bush came in, and after he failed to heed the warnings of an impending attack?

Anyway, we need a common enemy to do away with the constitution, and terrorism fits the bill quite nicely.

This nation can never be conquered from without. If it is ever to fall it will be from within. - President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 12:03 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
No, I do not really hope such a thing and anybody that does is a total friggin no good for nothing NUTCASE. BUT that is essentially what many Republicans are hoping for when they openly say they hope President Obama fails. I guess that they don't care that if he fails, WE fail too. As much as I detest Bush, never would I have even thought "oh it would be cool to have another 9-11 to make Bush a failure". We should all pause and thank God Almightly- and yes maybe a bit Bush that we have not been attacked again. But I guess the conservative Republicans do not care if the country sinks. They don't care if we are attacked, they don't care if our economy completely fails and they don't care about America. Just as long as they can make Obama look bad. What a damn shame!
Limbaugh: I hope Obama 'fails' - AOL Video

Please don't lump all republicans in to this group. I am a republican a pretty die hard one at that and I would never want another 9/11. I don't like Obama and I don't believe he will make this country better but I would never wish for him to fail because that only means we as Americans lose. I lost 6 loved ones on 9/11 and would NEVER wish that on anyone.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:08 PM

88 posts, read 179,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton74 View Post
didn't 9/11 happen a year after Bush came in, and after he failed to heed the warnings of an impending attack?

Anyway, we need a common enemy to do away with the constitution, and terrorism fits the bill quite nicely.

This nation can never be conquered from without. If it is ever to fall it will be from within. - President Abraham Lincoln
Do away with the constitution??? Honestly.... are you from America???

Old 01-23-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaschic View Post
Do away with the constitution??? Honestly.... are you from America???
Of course! I just happen to watch the news every day and I see how the the constitution is being destroyed little by little, all in the name of fighting terrorism, and to keep the children safe.

Honestly----do you even read the news?

Old 01-23-2009, 01:29 PM

88 posts, read 179,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton74 View Post
Of course! I just happen to watch the news every day and I see how the the constitution is being destroyed little by little, all in the name of fighting terrorism, and to keep the children safe.

Honestly----do you even read the news?
yep, sure do! But I also don't belive every single word that comes across my tv... and every spin that the media puts on things.

so you don't agree that we should protect the constitution? you did say that we NEED a common enemy to do away with it.... I'm a bit confused on your stance here.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:39 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I don't hope he fails as President, but I hope he fails to get the policies he wants passed.
If he fails, the country goes down with it. Period. The opposition is wary because they are more worried about their party and personal beliefs. They couldn't care less about what it does to the country.

To these folks, Obama must fail, or else, they fear death of the run republican party has had by neoconservatives. It is partisan politics at its best.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaschic View Post
yep, sure do! But I also don't belive every single word that comes across my tv... and every spin that the media puts on things.

so you don't agree that we should protect the constitution? you did say that we NEED a common enemy to do away with it.... I'm a bit confused on your stance here.
Yea, sorry for the confusion. That was a sarcastic comment because now every single law that destroys the constitution seems to be related to the so called fight on terror, or there is always the spin of 'is for the safety of the children.' The real terrorists are those that want to put away the constitution. I was just using the verbiage that the club of rome used when they came up with the global warming threat, as I find their statement amusing.

In searching for a common enemy against whom we can unite, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine, and the like would fit the bill. In their totality and their interactions these phenomena constitute a common threat which must be confronted by everyone together. But in designating these threats as the enemy, we fall into the trap, which we have already warned readers about, namely mistaking symptoms for causes. All these dangers are caused by human intervention in natural processes, and it is only through change attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome. The real enemy, then, is humanity itself.
The First Global Revolution A Report by the Council of the Club of Rome page 75

Old 01-23-2009, 02:10 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The dems and libs have been giving aid and comfort to our enemies for 8 years. They have tried their hardest to cut and run and surrender in Iraq.

They have consistently sided with our enemies on foreign policy.

They have obstructed for the last 30 years our ability to tap resources here in the US, making us less dependent on countries that don't have our best interests at heart.

They have consistently rooted for bad things to happen to this country, just so bush would not gain a victory over them.

Where were you while your fellow liberals constantly and predictably engaged in acts of treasonous behavior?

Please try some sugar in your coffee.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:17 PM

312 posts, read 507,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
No, I do not really hope such a thing and anybody that does is a total friggin no good for nothing NUTCASE. BUT that is essentially what many Republicans are hoping for when they openly say they hope President Obama fails. I guess that they don't care that if he fails, WE fail too. As much as I detest Bush, never would I have even thought "oh it would be cool to have another 9-11 to make Bush a failure". We should all pause and thank God Almightly- and yes maybe a bit Bush that we have not been attacked again. But I guess the conservative Republicans do not care if the country sinks. They don't care if we are attacked, they don't care if our economy completely fails and they don't care about America. Just as long as they can make Obama look bad. What a damn shame!
Limbaugh: I hope Obama 'fails' - AOL Video
WOW!! I had no idea cnn was so one sided! I thought conservatives were lying when they said that the main stream media is liberal (I wouldn't know I never get my news fron the MM)
for those of you who do not understand, or try not to, he wants Obama to fail to put everything under gov't. he wants BO to fail to uneversalize health care and to put the auto industry under gov't control.
duh
if obama succeeds in doing these things he will fail as president.
so limboiugh wants Obama to succeed as prez by failing to make this country sociolist
there.
now even the dummies cant say they dont understand.
even the dummies can see the pathetic attempt of cnn to paint limbough as a hater
(by the way - poor choice for a title - very poor choice. take it from someone who was personally affected by it.)

Old 01-23-2009, 02:58 PM

550 posts, read 1,549,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If he fails, the country goes down with it. Period. The opposition is wary because they are more worried about their party and personal beliefs. They couldn't care less about what it does to the country.

To these folks, Obama must fail, or else, they fear death of the run republican party has had by neoconservatives. It is partisan politics at its best.
Oh I don't think the country will go down for one more failed Presidency after all haven't the liberals called Bush's 8 years a failure! And what about Carter everybody knew at the time that was the biggest failure of all! You can go back time and time and find one or another that is considered a failed presidency! But this Nation is still standing tall and proud!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies