Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 09:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times

Advertisements

My Way News - Afghan president: US forces killed 16 civilians

Quote:
Karzai's latest criticism follows a Saturday raid in Laghman province that the U.S. says killed 15 armed militants, including a woman with an RPG, but that Afghan officials say killed civilians.

Two women and three children were among the 16 dead civilians, Karzai said in a statement.
More civilians killed from obama-ordered strikes in Aghanistan. The Left must be in a frothing rage that their messiah is murdering innocents. They must, right?

I mean, how hypocritical would that be? Remember the vomit they spewed when it was bush ordering the missile strikes and civilians were killed?

Surely, they will inundate the WH with an email campaign protesting the murders?

Yes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 10:18 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

More civilians killed from obama-ordered strikes in Aghanistan. The Left must be in a frothing rage that their messiah is murdering innocents. They must, right?

I mean, how hypocritical would that be? Remember the vomit they spewed when it was bush ordering the missile strikes and civilians were killed?

Surely, they will inundate the WH with an email campaign protesting the murders?

Yes?

While I can't comment on the mindset of the rank and file liberal, I have to agree with you that they must be flipping their collective left wing wigs at this point. Right liberals? So is it too early to start the impeachment proces?

Old 01-25-2009, 10:25 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Obama will need to tread lightly at least for a while with the elections they will most certainly use our involvement there for political purposes.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:42 PM

773 posts, read 1,214,893 times
George Mcgovern, the Democratic nominee for president in 1972 opposes Obama's position on Afghanistan and offers sound advice to get out.

Obama should listen to George, who has a good understanding of international affairs.

Obama Is Wrong on Afghanistan by George McGovern

Old 01-26-2009, 12:08 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
from the above article
Karzai's latest criticism follows a Saturday raid in Laghman province that the U.S. says killed 15 armed militants, including a woman with an RPG, but that Afghan officials say killed civilians.
Julian said that the U.S. military has photos showing militants fighting the U.S. coalition forces, but that the photos cannot be released to the public. He said the photos would be shown to Afghan officials.
Civilian deaths are an extremely complicated issue in Afghanistan. Afghan villagers have been known to exaggerate civilian death claims in order to receive more compensation from the U.S. military, and officials have said that insurgents sometimes force villagers to make false death claims.

Considering that islamic militants don't wear uniforms I'd say it's highly likely that the US forces attacked militants that were either hiding among civilians or had their families with them at the time of the attack. Too bad too sad. I don't blame Obama for this at all.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:49 AM

922 posts, read 1,908,230 times
the killing of innocent civilians HAPPENS in war. nobody can do a better job than the US at limiting that number. and please dont go for the "we shouldnt be there" bs. any where we go with troops it can and does happen. unless you have real world experience, been there done that, you dont have a clue to anything the military is going thru. It would be alot easier if all the bad guys wore red coats like the british did years ago. It doesnt matter who's president, it happens.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:46 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
[url=http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090125/D95U5GUO1.html]

Yes?
i think i hear crickets chirping somewhere..

Old 01-26-2009, 05:20 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
LOL. Obama got that "little talk" of the uber secret stuff. These are the kind of horrible secrets that age people and weigh on them. They come with the job of POTUS and they restrict the kind of things ANY POTUS can do.

Campaigns are easy compared with the actual job. POTUS should pay at least $1MM a year.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:26 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Considering how Sanrene worded this thread it is little more than trolling for a flame war. Typical of the partisan tomfoolery that normally takes place here, this thread is a good example of how NOT to post a thread worthy of reasonable discussion but I'll leave it open as a reminder for future threads.

Obama did not order a strike to murder civilians as is implied. Obama ordered a strike to kill suspected terrorist and civilians were killed. Bush did this numerous times and it was rather ill conceived and I believe that Obama is wrong in continuing this policy. It was wrong for Bush to do it, it is wrong for Obama to continue to to do it.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:57 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,369,725 times
Quote:

Yes?
For the past 8 years the one million innocent civilians murdered under Bush were just fine, weren't they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies