Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 05:30 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times

Advertisements

ROFL! Way to go, Nancy! She's forgetting that we need productive, tax-paying citizens, too. These people can't get any more ridiculous -- or can they?

Pelosi: Contraception is Good Stimulus for the Economy - Capital Commerce (usnews.com)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 05:36 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,699,701 times
To bad her parents didn't think of that.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:39 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
I too am equally confused. I keep reading about how single parenting is the single largest contributor to a poverty both for the parents and the children. I also read about how people shouldn't have children that they can't afford and how that is such a great burden for those who don't want their tax money used to "spread the wealth" so please pardon my confusion when I now read that these yet to be born people have been miraculously transformed from a public burden into productive tax paying citizens. But seeing how this is CD, I am sure someone will come forward to end my present state of confusion.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I too am equally confused. I keep reading about how single parenting is the single largest contributor to a poverty both for the parents and the children. I also read about how people shouldn't have children that they can't afford and how that is such a great burden for those who don't want their tax money used to "spread the wealth" so please pardon my confusion when I now read that these yet to be born people have been miraculously transformed from a public burden into productive tax paying citizens. But seeing how this is CD, I am sure someone will come forward to end my present state of confusion.
Now I'm confused. After all, you elected the son of a single mum on food stamps to the presidency.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:12 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Now I'm confused. After all, you elected the son of a single mum on food stamps to the presidency.
You were confused before this. Can you help the posters understand what you mean? First you say one thing, then the exact opposite.

Besides, this plan was dropped from the stimulus bill. Possibly something less expensive will replace it, or th ecurrent situation will be reworked and expanded with other money/cutting.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:16 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Now I'm confused.
That is an understatement.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:26 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
ROFL! Way to go, Nancy! She's forgetting that we need productive, tax-paying citizens, too. These people can't get any more ridiculous -- or can they?

Pelosi: Contraception is Good Stimulus for the Economy - Capital Commerce (usnews.com)
get with it! This topic has been beaten to death on this forum over the last couple days.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You were confused before this. Can you help the posters understand what you mean? First you say one thing, then the exact opposite.

Besides, this plan was dropped from the stimulus bill. Possibly something less expensive will replace it, or th ecurrent situation will be reworked and expanded with other money/cutting.
I was saying the opposite? Uh, no, I was responding to Ovcat, or whatever the name is, showing the hilarious hypocrisy of the Dems. Here, let me lay it out for you:

Pelosi was proposing increased funding for contraception to ostensibly get rid of future drains on social services. OK, but which party boasts that it is the champion of the poor and the disadvantaged? The Dems! So, Pelosi wants to "contracept" the Dems out of existence? That, and the near-limitless access to abortion that the Dems champion should do the trick! Hahahahahahahaha...

Ahem. Now, we have a lib. poster decrying single parent homes and how those homes can't possibly produce productive citizens. ROFLMAO!!! How y'all can continue to say this sort of thing with a straight face, considering your nominee c-u-m president was born to a teen-ager and raised in such a home, is highly entertaining!

As for me, I wouldn't presume to look at demographics to decide what children can become before they're born or even conceived. I think everyone should have a chance. And you people claim the market on "HOPE?"

Old 01-27-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
That is an understatement.
Ah, that was intelligent. All you could manage while eating crow, huh?

Old 01-27-2009, 06:30 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
I was saying the opposite? Uh, no, I was responding to Ovcat, or whatever the name is, showing the hilarious hypocrisy of the Dems. Here, let me lay it out for you:

Pelosi was proposing increased funding for contraception to ostensibly get rid of future drains on social services. OK, but which party boasts that it is the champion of the poor and the disadvantaged? The Dems! So, Pelosi wants to "contracept" the Dems out of existence? That, and the near-limitless access to abortion that the Dems champion should do the trick! Hahahahahahahaha...

Ahem. Now, we have a lib. poster decrying single parent homes and how those homes can't possibly produce productive citizens. ROFLMAO!!! How y'all can continue to say this sort of thing with a straight face, considering your nominee c-u-m president was born to a teen-ager and raised in such a home, is highly entertaining!

As for me, I wouldn't presume to look at demographics to decide what children can become before they're born or even conceived. I think everyone should have a chance. And you people claim the market on "HOPE?"
how many unwanted children have you adopted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies