Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 10:13 AM

77 posts, read 171,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Oh please.
I believe the thinking is like this ---- if you rob or murder someone it is assumed that the other person had a chance, as they too were adults. Imagine it like a fair fight.
Rapists are not looked upon well in prison, they are viewed pretty poorly and generally end up somebodies 'b**ch'. I have no idea where you would think otherwise.
But children are a different story, and there are a few reasons for that. The first is that a fight between an adult and a toddler is not a fair one, so that automatically paints the offender as a coward.
Another reason is that a lot of the people in prison had been abused as children themselves --- can you say mommy/daddy issues?
And lastly, they have kids themselves. And yes, god knows they don't think much about them while they are free but once in prison they do realize that their kids are suddenly very vulnerable to the girlfriend/wives new man, or adults in the foster care system. And it does worry them.
And lets face it, child abusers are cowards and bullies. They will be easy pickings especially for somebody who already has 'issues' with child abuse.

To all of that I say good.

I totally agree!

They are all in prision for a reason, but for the love....this is an innocent child, they brutally murdered. How heartless? I put my 5 yr dd in time out and she says she loves me it melts my heart, there is no way I could brutally beat her to death. A robber didn't take someones life, let alone a defenseless child....that is unforgiveable. Even though a robber, rapist etc, may be causing undue hardship to their own children by being in prison, they didn't brutally murder them, laying there saying I love you, defenseless, just wanting her mommy to pick her up and love her. Atleast there children have a chance to function in society, this child has none. She is dead due to her selfish and cruel person who gave birth to her. They are not parents, parents love their children unconditionally, not murder them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 10:19 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,712,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
"GALVESTON, Texas – A slain toddler tried to stop her mother and stepfather from beating her to death by reaching out to her mother and saying, "I love you," a prosecutor told jurors Tuesday. The pleas from 2-year-old Riley Ann Sawyers didn't stop her mother, Kimberly Trenor, from continuing to brutalize her, assistant district attorney Kayla Allen said in her opening statement at Trenor's murder trial.

But defense attorney Tommy Stickler Jr. told the jury that Trenor, 20, never intended to kill her daughter in 2007 and that things just "spun out of control."

The toddler was dubbed "Baby Grace" by investigators who worked to identify her decomposed remains after the body was found in a plastic container in October 2007 on a tiny island in Galveston Bay.

Trenor's 25-year-old husband, Royce Zeigler II, is to be tried separately on murder charges. His attorney points the finger at Trenor.

Prosecutors declined to seek the death penalty because they didn't think they could prove that either one would be a future danger, as required."

Prosecutor: Slain toddler said 'I love you' at end - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090128/ap_on_re_us/child_s_remains - broken link)

How can people do this? Sure, they may get frustrated with the kid but KILL them? How can you kill your child who is telling you that she loves you?

HOW HEARTLESS.

Please, don't mind me. I am awfully upset about this. I am going to college right now for child psychology so I can be a social worker for children. Child abuse really hits the spot for me.
5 kids die every day in America by their caretakers. We should know their names but we don't.

Carrie

Old 01-28-2009, 10:28 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,579,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Being a father to a two year old myself, I can honestly say that there is absolutley no way I could kill my darling little girl unless I was completely insane. I can honestly see an insanity plea in this case.
Yes, both adults were insane & need to be separated from society for life. I do not believe in the death penalty but a helpless child was brutalized\ murdered. The mother & step-father need intense therapy in prison that should last for several decades.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:32 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,144,302 times
I was holding my 19 month old son when I read this,and it really brought me to tears. He has cerebral palsy & I LIVE for the day when he will be able to say "I love you Mama". These lowlife scum deserve the death penalty,no doubt about it. Just horrible,the terror that innocent baby endured.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:39 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,549,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I was holding my 19 month old son when I read this,and it really brought me to tears. He has cerebral palsy & I LIVE for the day when he will be able to say "I love you Mama". These lowlife scum deserve the death penalty,no doubt about it. Just horrible,the terror that innocent baby endured.
Let alone my own child (I don't have one-I am 20 years old, haha) but whenever I hold the 1 and a half year old girl of my friend, I feel so much love for her. When I hold the 3 year old girl I babysit, I feel so much love for her. When I hold any of my cousins children (all together, my cousins have five sons and two daughters), I feel so much love for them.

Let alone my kids, I love other people kids so much. I feel so much love for other children and I do not even have my own.

I cannot even BEGIN to IMAGINE beating that girl I babysit no matter how snotty or badly she behaves. Sure, I pick her up and spank her bottom (Her parents told me to do this when she misbehaves) and tell her "I told you three times before NOT to do this."

To beat your OWN child..? No, simply UNTHINKABLE.

PS-Your son will say he loves you soon!

1,788 posts, read 3,911,218 times
We always here about these type of cases and blow them off. Seeing that little girl's picutre and imagining her telling her mother "I love you" as she is being beat to death by her own mother, is just over the top. I just don't get what happens to people to be able to do such horrible things. It boggles my mind.

1,806 posts, read 5,690,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"Prosecutors declined to seek the death penalty because they didn't think they could prove that either one would be a future danger, as required."
And that's the kind of crap that makes me want to speak personally with whomever it is that was able to divine that conclusion from the minds of two people who brutally murdered their 2-year-old.

How do you prove or disprove what such a person will be able to repeat? And they should get the chance?
What they've done was already enough to qualify as heinous.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:45 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,144,302 times
QUESTION: --I didn't read the whole story --- how does the prosecuter KNOW the baby said that? Did one of the parents say that?

Old 01-28-2009, 10:46 AM

1,806 posts, read 5,690,587 times
Quote:
QUESTION: --I didn't read the whole story --- how does the prosecuter KNOW the baby said that? Did one of the parents say that?

I was wondering the same thing - it must have been an admission by one of the parents.

Time to Google.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:47 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,549,038 times
Quote:
I believe her mother told the jury (some of them actually cried) in court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies