Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 03:26 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mo's View Post
You know who loses here. We do. There were and are several flaws with the economic stimulus plan and it's surely destined to fail. 68% of American's are in agreement on this. I wouldn't have put my name on it either.

This "plan" was a huge political mistake for Obama. His lack of experience is really showing. I was afraid of something like this happening when I voted for him.
What alternate universe did you get your stats from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 03:27 PM

172 posts, read 279,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Yeah you voted for himlol! We will see if it fails either way the republicans offer is nothing new and is still the policy that landed us in this crisis in the first place!
It's not only ignorant to assume you know how a person voted but it's also very stupid. Unless you were with me in the voting booth I suggest you keep your moronic comments to yourself.

I hope his plan works. If it doesn't it's just another near trillion dollars we'll end up owing China.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:31 PM

172 posts, read 279,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What alternate universe did you get your stats from?
A very liberal one. One of the same one's which predicted an Obama land slide. They were right about that too.

I'm an indpendent so I guess you're correct. That would be considered an alternative universe

Old 01-29-2009, 03:35 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
It's not only ignorant to assume you know how a person voted but it's also very stupid. Unless you were with me in the voting booth I suggest you keep your moronic comments to yourself.

I hope his plan works. If it doesn't it's just another near trillion dollars we'll end up owing China.
Youre right I don't know how you voted only you do! When you say things like 68% of Americans think its going to fail, gives us a pretty good idea about where you are getting your information from! I base my opinion on that!

Old 01-29-2009, 03:37 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
You're not an independent if you have to point that out four times in 5-6 posts. But then, it doesn't make a difference either way. What you support is business as usual... it has served this country well, hasn't it?

Old 01-29-2009, 03:37 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
A very liberal one. One of the same one's which predicted an Obama land slide. They were right about that too.

I'm an indpendent so I guess you're correct. That would be considered an alternative universe
If you could please provide it so we can see it for ourselves?

Old 01-29-2009, 03:39 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Spite, pure and simple.

Very thought-provoking analysis from The American Conservative.

"Having blown the obvious opportunity to tap into populist outrage over the bailout, which was supported by perhaps a third of the electorate at most, the leadership now decides to make their stand opposing a bill that commands support from a broad majority of the country, and they do so at a time when their stand, such as it is, will be forgotten by the time the midterms come around.
Indeed, the sudden unanimous opposition of House Republicans to this bill mainly accomplishes one thing, which is to remind everyone of how gutlessly the Republican leadership acquiesced to whatever the Bush administration wanted and how they only managed to discover some interest in resisting massive expenditures when someone from the other party is in the White House. This highlights the past fecklessness and opportunism of the current Republican leadership."

Eunomia » Strange Time To Take A Stand

Old 01-29-2009, 06:18 PM

54 posts, read 73,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Spite, pure and simple.

Very thought-provoking analysis from The American Conservative.

"Having blown the obvious opportunity to tap into populist outrage over the bailout, which was supported by perhaps a third of the electorate at most, the leadership now decides to make their stand opposing a bill that commands support from a broad majority of the country, and they do so at a time when their stand, such as it is, will be forgotten by the time the midterms come around.
Indeed, the sudden unanimous opposition of House Republicans to this bill mainly accomplishes one thing, which is to remind everyone of how gutlessly the Republican leadership acquiesced to whatever the Bush administration wanted and how they only managed to discover some interest in resisting massive expenditures when someone from the other party is in the White House. This highlights the past fecklessness and opportunism of the current Republican leadership."
Eunomia » Strange Time To Take A Stand
Actually it's totally consistent with both their voting record on the TARP money and the Republican policies that got us here to begin with.... give away billions to Wall Street and with no accountability, but when it comes to the Man on the Street and the Middle Class, suddenly they're the party of "fiscal responsibility". And that the GOP vote was so unanimous is pretty "in-your-face" when you think about it, really no different than Limbaugh's "I want Obama to fail".

"Spite" it is... they're going down in flames, and they're gonna try to take everybody else with 'em. Well, come the Congressional mid-term campaigns next year, at least it'll be easy to remember how your Representative voted....

Old 01-29-2009, 06:26 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
The republicans are following in jesus footsteps as a carpenter! They're putting the last nails in their coffin! They met an extended hand and turned their backs to it!
Wow, thats great. However, please dont compare Republicans to Jesus, as he was one of the greatest men who ever lived. You should compare Republicans to Judas, that would be more accurate

Old 01-29-2009, 06:28 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,943 times
Were there not also 12 Democrats who voted against it? Why has that not been mentioned?

I am willing to bet if this bailout falls through and fails, the Republicans will get the blame for it.

And for the record, this bailout sounds more like something Pelosi structured, not Obama. If that is really the case, I am somewhat disappointed but understand why it contradicts what Obama has promised us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies