Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 04:55 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
OP is a tad racist.. I guess he doesn't want the "master races" reputation tainted by some brownies.
My step sister: who is 100% White in the legal sense; gets mistaken for Latina a lot, the woman is definitely 'brown'--------her heritage is Italian/Irish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 04:57 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester View Post
You do not think it is extremely obvious ?
Florida Missing Child Flyer (http://www3.fdle.state.fl.us/mcicsearch/Flyers/Flyer2PicCC.asp?ID=13360&case_nbr= - broken link)

Do you think the European immigrants who landed on Ellis Island looked like her ?
That female looks like an East Indian, if anything.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:59 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
My step sister: who is 100% White in the legal sense; gets mistaken for Latina a lot, the woman is definitely 'brown'--------her heritage is Italian/Irish.
Excatly..who cares? I can't believe this thread is still going. In 25 years, the majority of America will be some shade of brown anyway.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:06 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Do you think the European immigrants who landed on Ellis Island looked like her ?
Not all of them...some were elderly people, or adult males, or infants. Some had their hair combed differently than the girl in the photo, and a few were on crutches. Some smiled. Some wore scruffy old clothes and carried cheap suitcases. Probably a lot of them didn't look like her, while many of them probably did.

Even SHE might not 'look like her', if for example she changed her hairstyle....or wore sunglasses.

What's your point?

Old 01-30-2009, 05:07 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,664,460 times
why actually you do. you look PINK!!!!

but who really cares. i htought were past skin pigmentation?

she is a lighter hispanic. if she was darker then she would be a black/hispanic maybe.

in the end. it makes no difference.

what does is, if you see this lady and the missing girl CALL THE AUTHORITIES!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Do I look like a person of color to you ?
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 1si5gj0.png

Old 01-30-2009, 07:49 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Hispanics do not consider themselves White Anglo or Black. They are of their own kind.

Depends on the person. Hispanics can be any race on Earth.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
What? Do you have links for readers to verify your credibility? The link I posted shows that 85% of Cubans are identified as being White. Do you have a link to show otherwise? 47.2% of Puerto Rican nationals are considered White. Do you have data or just what you make up?

Maybe 85% of Cubans in Miami are white, but that is way off for Cubans in general. I would agree that slightly less than half of Puerto Ricans are white.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:45 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,981,825 times
Wink Only in America.

[quote=Sunil's Dad;7253848]Maybe 85% of Cubans in Miami are white, but that is way off for Cubans in general. I would agree that slightly less than half of Puerto Ricans are white.[/QUOTE

Part of my Family is from Puerto Rico.

Yes my complexion is Black.

But Puerto Ricans are made up of Spanish, Black and Tejano Indian.

All Americans are mixed up.

Idiots create Blogs to start looking at color!

Don't fall into the trap.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:30 PM

217 posts, read 513,172 times
Quote:
Do you realize that there are Hispanics (many, the further South you go in South America) that are blond and blue eyed?
Yeah but that Hispanic woman is not one of them.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:31 PM

[quote=Mr. Opinion;7254585]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Maybe 85% of Cubans in Miami are white, but that is way off for Cubans in general. I would agree that slightly less than half of Puerto Ricans are white.[/QUOTE

Part of my Family is from Puerto Rico.

Yes my complexion is Black.

But Puerto Ricans are made up of Spanish, Black and Tejano Indian.

All Americans are mixed up.

Idiots create Blogs to start looking at color!

Don't fall into the trap.

Not sure what you're getting at, Mr. O. I was just making an observation. No trap here mi hermano.

I am of Cuban ancestry myself, among other things. Many Puerto Ricans (and many Cubans, for that matter) are indeed Spanish, African and Taino Indian; some are primarily white, and some primarily black (say, in Loiza).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies