Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 11:53 PM

217 posts, read 513,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
He blows up a bunch of civilians in Pakistan. You know, the Islamic country that we are not at war with that has an arsenal on nuclear weapons.
If it was Bush who did that than the far left would have labeled him Hitler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 12:32 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Simple really. The double standard that has been applied to GWB by the left is being payed back. Obama, the media darling, is not being ridiculed by the press in any way at all like GWB for essentially the same missteps. If you find conservatives on this forum resentful of Obama, consider the thrashing given GWB by the left to include the mainstream news media and Obama himself. So what does Obama do once in office? He blows up a bunch of civilians in Pakistan. You know, the Islamic country that we are not at war with that has an arsenal on nuclear weapons. After everything the left had to say about our involvement in Iraq, he does that. Duh!
I understand that he just wanted to get elected at any cost. He's not the first to do that. And I understand that the "change" he talked about during the campaign wasn't anything new under the sun, just the same old liberalism that America permanently rejected after the Carter catastrophe. He couldn't run on that, so he had to change the subject whenever asked what change meant to what we had to change from (GWB) in order to avoid answering questions about what this so called "change", or liberalism, actually was. And now we see that change means reckless military adventurism in the Middle East with a nuclear power that has helped us in the past. Why in the world would he want to pick a fight there? It also means that every liberal project that has been sitting on the shelf due to a lack of public support for the past 40 years will now be funded to the hilt and shoved down our throats. The price tag of this adventure into the liberal unknown is unheard of in the history of our planet. The debt that will be forced onto our children ...I'm done. I can't even think of words to describe it. I'm done.
What "double standard"? GWB was a nightmare. The worst President in a century, at least. He was ridiculed because he DESERVED to be ridiculed. In fact, he should be charged with war crimes and sent to prison.

"Reckless military adventurism"??? As for Obama attacking innocent Pakistani civilians: were you crying when Bush attacked innocent Iraqi civilians? And didn't he say that the very reason he was attacking them was because they had WMDs? Were you crying then? I think not.

What's "unheard of in the history of our planet" is the price tag of the BUSH adventure into the neo-con unknown. HIS debt HAS ALREADY BEEN "forced onto our children."

Good lord. What planet do you live on, anyway?

Old 01-30-2009, 12:33 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Kool Aid: Now available in stupid flavor.
Then stop drinking it.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:03 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,996,482 times
Quote:
The term "Kool Aid" has become rather hackneyed, no?

You Sonrise, are just another CD conservative that would rather name call than contribute anything substantial. Buck up.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:33 AM

799 posts, read 1,445,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Further, Democrats are the last people who would jump on a war bandwagon. The reason we are at war now is because Republicans "ate up" all of Bush's lies, in their blind faith that he was a "good Christian."
For the first time in his life, Hannity is right.

YouTube - Democrats Hypocrisy Over The Iraq War

Dems and Reps screwed up big time.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:13 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Ahh so they should just follow along with the sheep even though this "stimulus" has more pork in it than most care to see:

But this is creating jobs right?

Yeah most of that is creating jobs, and keeping businesses and services working.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:23 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,316 times
I agree - it is a complete waste of time for Obama to try to reach out to them...

Nothing put that into clearer perspective than the House vote on the stimulus bill... every single Republican voted against it ... just like loyal party minions..

They have no intention of working with Obama - they will be 100% partisan from here on in...

Obama will succeed in spite of them, and when he does, even those marginal Republican supporters will turn on them like a pack of wolves...

I'm not at all worried - I know the country is behind Obama... and resentment for Republican obstructionism will only continue to grow.

I also know that Republicans are in for one industrial-strength whoopin in 2010...

Old 01-30-2009, 06:14 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
MotherJones Blog: So Every House Republican Voted Against Stimulus. What Do We Learn?

I don't understand the enduring hatred of Republicans against Obama. Especially on this forum. One post after another finding fault. Even a thread on how he mistakenly tried the wrong door at the White House. The man has been President for one week and it seems they can't wait for him to fail. That kind of puts them in the same camp as Al-Quaeda and Hamas, both of whom really, really want Obama to fail. What kind of American wants their President to fail? Really sad.
And we can tell you are really an even headed, open minded, rational thinking person...Why should we listen to someone who makes a statement as ridiculous as comparing republicans to Al-Quaeda?

Just remember, the baseless hatred of opposing parties exists democrat to republican as well. It seems like politics any more consists of finding any excuse to bash the other party. It is honestly a little pathetic...

Old 01-30-2009, 06:23 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Wink No Point in Reaching Out to Republicans

Come on, now...

All this country needs is some more tax cuts and trickle-down.

Good old GOP leadership!

Old 01-30-2009, 06:26 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
It's selling well in certain circles.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies