Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 04:44 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times

Advertisements

What an Orwellian move. The party of southern white males now have a black man as their party representative.

War is Peace and Slavery is Freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 04:46 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
What was he doing at Morgan-uh campaigning maybe? Oh that's right, in your world a Republican campaigning isn't allowed unless they don't challenge your preconceptions. Forgot that bit. Of course questioning any Democratic program or stand is "getting personal". Been there and done that. Some of you armchair politicians need to get off your asses and actually run for an office. How do you like the 6% sales tax we have now? Or the slots? That's a great way to finance schools don't ya think?
Pandering is seeking votes while knowing you have no intentions on fulfilling the promises you make which Steele did..Many bought it the first election, a lot less in the 2nd. Schools got worst with Steele in office hence his one term in office and failed bid at the Senate. Why run for office when we got City-Data?

I actually like slots..My mom plays often.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:51 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,873 times
I think its a good thing for minorities regardless! I'm glad to see minorities and woman being prominent in both parties! Way to go Democrats you are even causing the GOP to progress! Now thats change you can believe in!

Old 01-30-2009, 04:54 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I think its a good thing for minorities regardless! I'm glad to see minorities and woman being prominent in both parties! Way to go Democrats you are even causing the GOP to progress! Now thats change you can believe in!
I agree that it's a great day for racial equality but politically he's such a hack.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:01 PM

45,373 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Here ya go, no You-Tube but some reading:

Note: New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/26/ma...%20Elizabethes

Old 01-30-2009, 05:02 PM

30 posts, read 76,504 times
I've lived in Maryland for almost 25 years and for most of those have been involved with politics. My opinion of politicians in this state is almost as low as whale sh*t at the bottom of the ocean. There are a few notable exceptions, one of whom is Michael Steele. I have met him, I have heard him speak, and I have researched his stands on the issues that were important to me. That's why I voted for him for the U.S. Senate. I also know the wife of Senator Cardin. He is a good man but I felt that Michael Steele would do a better job. Unfortunately, the heavily populated areas of Baltimore City, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County decided otherwise. In case you're not aware of the demographics in those areas, they're mostly urban and highly minority (of all races/cultures).

Michael Steele has common sense and calls them as he sees them. I value that in someone involved in government. I don't care whether he's pink, orange or purple, he makes sense!

In my opinion, any people we lose from the Republican Party are probably the ones that we're better off without. Obviously, we're not doing something right or we would have won the last election.

Oh, and just in case you're wondering -- I also support Sarah Palin (but that's another post for another time).

Last edited by Kanukook; 01-30-2009 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-30-2009, 05:03 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I agree that it's a great day for racial equality but politically he's such a hack.
Most of the party is a bunch of hacks? I wouldn't expect their minorities and woman to be any different!

Old 01-30-2009, 05:05 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Here ya go, no You-Tube but some reading:

Note: New York Times

Timhttp://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/26/magazine/326steele.html?pagewanted=5&n=Top/Reference/Times%20Topics/People/D/Dole,%20Elizabethes

The NYT story was a bust. Steele admitted not being hit and not seeing any oreos's thrown. He said it was an exaggeration..he saw some oreos on the ground...LOL

Media Matters - Caught with its hand in the cookie jar: The New York Times repeated half-baked Oreo allegation

Old 01-30-2009, 05:08 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
It has started.... apparently his supporter here claims to know of a video of black students throwing oreo's at him.

Cause that just jives with those Crazy Black Dems in the right wing story line..LOL

Do you know where the video is?
I don't know anything about people throwing oreos. And I'm not referring to black dems, I am referring to dems in general. There have already been responses in this post that go right along with what I expect to happen.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:12 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Default How it appears information is processed around here....

*Information in* "An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other." *Information out*

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies