Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2009, 02:25 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
How so? Please explain.
Lots of things to cover; there ought to be a book written on the subject alone.

It really is a case-study between the two cities....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 02:36 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I do prefer the current system as long as there are reforms within the industry... the current system makes the user be responsible for their problems, it does not seek to steal (and by steal, I mean force other people under threats of jail/fines) from other people...

The equation is e = mc (2).. it is not the apple moves at the speed of light squared... and using apple moving at the speed of light is not a substitute for a reason why e = mc (2)... giving out anecdotal evidence as a REASON for changing the health care system is just as silly... and I am not sure how many times I have repeated that already but whatever...

Giving out anecdotal evidence? I merely responded to someone asking a question about anecdotal evidence... but you can keep twisting words as much as you like...
Anecdotal evidence is fundamental to science. Scientific theories stem from it, as you noted, falling apple led Newton to postulating the laws. You can dismiss it and favor of common sense, when all you're really doing is placing emotions above rationality. Anedoctal evidence help identify mistakes and learn, to make thing better. But then, there are still quite a few who think earth is flat and at the center of the universe.

The current system is nothing but a mess. If you love it, I hope there is a provision that allows you to opt out and pay for your own healthcare. It is extremely likely that you're getting a highly subsidized program thru your employer to begin with... nothing would, then, tell us all about "personal responsibility".

Old 02-01-2009, 02:39 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
wth?
Thats what is wrong with some Americans. Having a strong military while having tens of thousands of people starve because some a-hole ...

mmm, How many US citizens die each year from starvation?

Last year?

Tens of thousands? Really?

It is better to feed the hungry rather than provide jobs? Really?

Old 02-01-2009, 02:46 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,287 times
Quote:
wth?
Thats what is wrong with some Americans. Having a strong military while having tens of thousands of people starve because some a-hole thought it was better to spend 2 billion dollars on a b-2 bomber than it was to spend 250 million on feeding those thousands of people. Because now we have a strong military
Its better to have a weak military and a happy/and taken care of populace than what we have now. And who said European militaries are weak? Can Somalia beat France in a conventional war?
Adn we are not talking about "free". We are talking about providing care for the people who need it most. Lets say you break your arm and its the sixth time you have done it because of stupidity. Would I want to provide healthcare to you? No. Lets say under universal healthcare that you are ill and you go to the hospital while there they discover you have cancer. Would I want to provide healthcare to you? Yes. Because people come first. Not warmachines, you little child.
That 2 billion dollar B-2 bomber provided jobs to hundreds of thousands of people. I prefer Americans get jobs so they can earn an honest living and not rely on welfare and government handouts. If America enacts universal healthcare at the Federal level, I have no doubt that we would be bankrupt (not that we already aren't....Thank you Bush!) in a few years. We would then be forced to cut defense budgets by a huge amount and that would mean the loss of many more millions of jobs. You can take your fake compassion and shove it up where the sun don't shine.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:47 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
mmm, How many US citizens die each year from starvation?

Last year?

Tens of thousands? Really?

It is better to feed the hungry rather than provide jobs? Really?
I said tens of thousands of families go hungry. Not DIE. Do you know the difference? Probably not.
It is better to feed the hungry and provide jobs. You are not providing jobs by taking the money away due to healthcare costs. You are only enriching a small minority. But I guess that is the American way

Old 02-01-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
That 2 billion dollar B-2 bomber provided jobs to hundreds of thousands of people. I prefer Americans get jobs so they can earn an honest living and not rely on welfare and government handouts. If America enacts universal healthcare at the Federal level, I have no doubt that we would be bankrupt (not that we already aren't....Thank you Bush!) in a few years. We would then be forced to cut defense budgets by a huge amount and that would mean the loss of millions of jobs. You can take your fake "compassion" and shove it up where the sun don't shine.
That 2 billion dollars come from taxpayer money. Its not really and different than receiving handouts from the government. You can shove your stupidity up where the sun don't shine.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:51 PM

According to the "Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations" more than 25,000 people die world wide of starvation every day.

Trying to find any stats on starvation in the US, but having a hard time finding any.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
According to the "Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations" more than 25,000 people die world wide of starvation every day.

Trying to find any stats on starvation in the US, but having a hard time finding any.
You are an idiot. Read my post 105.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
That 2 billion dollar B-2 bomber provided jobs to hundreds of thousands of people. I prefer Americans get jobs so they can earn an honest living and not rely on welfare and government handouts. If America enacts universal healthcare at the Federal level, I have no doubt that we would be bankrupt (not that we already aren't....Thank you Bush!) in a few years. We would then be forced to cut defense budgets by a huge amount and that would mean the loss more millions of jobs. You can take your fake compassion and shove it up where the sun don't shine.
100,000 jobs supporting 100,000 households, spending money in communities and spreading that money out to 1,000,000 households.

2.3 children per household on average? Plus adults so 4.3 people per household?

4.3 million people NOT starving because of these jobs.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
That 2 billion dollars come from taxpayer money. Its not really and different than receiving handouts from the government. You can shove your stupidity up where the sun don't shine.
Actually if we want to keep this in reality only 28% of Federal spending comes from Income taxes.

So when you speak of that $2billion contract, only $560million would have really came from tax payers.

Sorry to take the hot air from your argument, but I wanted to bring reality into this.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies