Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:08 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times

Advertisements

General Pace, a top military officer was being interviewed by the Chicago Tribune Newspaper and gave his personal opinion that homosexuality is immoral and should not be condoned. Now the liberal media is pressuring him for an apology. Why should someone have to apologize for their own code of ethics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2007, 02:17 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,143,085 times
The Founding Fathers would absolutely roll over in their graves if they could see what liberalism has turned into today!
These bleeding heart liberal organizations like the ACLU that just want everybody to be happy and no one to ever get offended at anything anyone else has an opinion on. What is an opinion? I thought it was personal and how is everybody supposed to agree with everything?
Isn't one of the freedoms in this country....freedom of speech and freedom to your own opinions?? Not unless it offends the liberals I guess or is not PC.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:39 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,508 times
Good for General Pace.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:51 PM

673 posts, read 4,069,931 times
I think General Pace is im-moral for worrying about this issue (gays in the military) when tens of thousands of Iraqi's have been killed from all the violence in Iraq and more then 3,000 American soldiers have lost their lives.

Rather then being pre-occupied with gay people in the military, he should be evaulating what can be done to reduce the amount of violence in Iraq.

Maybe, the general should worry more about the extreme amount of violence in Iraq rather then about about who is gay and who isnt gay in the military.

It seems like the general doesnt have his priorities straight when he is worrying about gay in the military rather then the tens of thousands of Iraqi's who have died, the 3,000 american soldiers who have died in Iraq or the horrible conditions at the military hospitals..

I am sure many openly gay people are very depressed that they cant go to this mistake of a war called Iraq and have a good chance at coming back home in a casket or being injured and having to recover in a moldy, run-down hospital.

Last edited by MattDen; 03-13-2007 at 06:01 PM..

Old 03-13-2007, 06:22 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Good for General Pace.
I second that! One more with the guts to stand up and speak the truth.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:51 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
I second that! One more with the guts to stand up and speak the truth.
Agreed!! General Pace we could use a man like him in the race for POTUS! I never could figure that out, dont we want our military made up of tough rugged mean killers? Not exactly the homosexual stereotype, I know some are Mean but lets be real. Disclaimer, This is not meant to be offensive or construed as hate speech!

Old 03-13-2007, 07:36 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,169,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDen View Post
I think General Pace is im-moral for worrying about this issue (gays in the military) when tens of thousands of Iraqi's have been killed from all the violence in Iraq and more then 3,000 American soldiers have lost their lives.

Rather then being pre-occupied with gay people in the military, he should be evaulating what can be done to reduce the amount of violence in Iraq.

Maybe, the general should worry more about the extreme amount of violence in Iraq rather then about about who is gay and who isnt gay in the military.

It seems like the general doesnt have his priorities straight when he is worrying about gay in the military rather then the tens of thousands of Iraqi's who have died, the 3,000 american soldiers who have died in Iraq or the horrible conditions at the military hospitals..

I am sure many openly gay people are very depressed that they cant go to this mistake of a war called Iraq and have a good chance at coming back home in a casket or being injured and having to recover in a moldy, run-down hospital.
Hear, hear!

Old 03-13-2007, 08:04 PM

345 posts, read 203,583 times
Heard a Dem-wit politicain today state that he didn't believe that most in the military and most in the country believed the way our good General believes. Did we just move a battallion into Hollywood? I love the way democrat politicians hoax the American people with statements about what we the people -all believe. Somehow they have the God given talent to at any time ,on any issue, tell us what we -all believe. News program after news program, soap box after soap box, they always know what the American people believe. Half the time I believe they don't even believe what they believe we believe, they are saying so, to get the vote of those, that they think believe, the way they say, they believe. There is a point to that discourse. I'm going to be very crude for a second, everyone bare with me. This goes out to all the proponents of normalism to homosexuality. Time after time I hear defenders of homosexuality speak with great social nobility of context, in defense of homosexuality. Just one time, one time, would some politician, somewhere, have the guts to stand and paint a picture, a mental image, if you will, of what homosexuality represents. When you advocate the rights of a homosexual, each time you do so, you should be stuck with the mental image of the physical representation of what homosexuality means. Here is one representation. A man inserts his penis into the anus of another man. A man inserts his penis into the mouth of another man. Hopefully to provide meaningful dialogue, someone gets kissed. In 1951 the American Psychiatric Association, for the first time, labeled homosexuality normal. Time passages and here we are with a brand new society. Should we hate homosexuals, -no. Should we support homosexuals, -no. General Pace is the only one with the courage to say to the homosexual, maybe he or she needs a reality check. Maybe the practice is not normal, normal being defined as how 95% of the world perceives reality.Should homosexuals be hated, absolutely not, should you be an example of what my child should accept as a. o.k., absolutely not.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:06 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
General Pace, a top military officer was being interviewed by the Chicago Tribune Newspaper and gave his personal opinion that homosexuality is immoral and should not be condoned. Now the liberal media is pressuring him for an apology. Why should someone have to apologize for their own code of ethics?
I agree with you, it's absurd to demand an apology. If you have to make someone apologize or beg for an apology then it's not sincere anyway and just a waste of breath. He has every right to say that in my opinion, just as others that disagree with him have every right to say they disagree. It's silly to ask for an apology, it doesn't change how someone feels.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:29 PM

673 posts, read 4,069,931 times
The general has a right to his opinion, but he also should maybe be more concerned about all the violence in Iraq rather then about worrying about gays in the military. Maybe if he wasnt so pre-occupied on this we would be having more success or at least not as many problems in Iraq.

I just think in the midst of a civil war that the nation is heavily involved in is a bizzare time to worry about social issues.
I dont have the same opinion as him on this issue, but he has every right to have his opinions on the issue and express them.

This just goes to show how good social issues at distracting people from real issues.

Seriously, this shouldnt even be in the debate now. I think people bringing up this topic when there is a very violent civil war going on shows how detatched people and this general are detatched from reality.

Last edited by MattDen; 03-13-2007 at 08:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies