Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Notice how the media virtually ignores this latest milestone for Iraq.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 09:24 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiahmooDude View Post
You are predisposed to a terribly flaccid intellect - perhaps brought on by your emotional likeness to...oh, shall we say, pansy-ass.

Grow up kid and face facts.

War happened.

People died. (including one of my own)

A nation is on the brink of complete self-determination in a region known for hundreds of years of brutal oppression.

The American soldier is among the most remarkable creatures on the face of the planet.

Your right to make statements like a complete dinkus was paid for in blood.

Now go wash behind your ears and open your eyes. A new day is dawning.
Nothing gives you the right to silence those who dont swill government propaganda. The price of "freedom" was paid, tenfold, by Iraqi's and U.S. citizen soldiers. Those who spent that blood passed the cost on to millions without ever spending a dime of their own.

And that "freedom" applies to those who paid the price for it before you or I were ever born, and those who brought "freedom" to Iraq would stifle my ability to speak out, they would censor my freedom to get information, and they would lie to you and I both.

The difference between you and I is, you believe them. I never have, and for good reason. A new day is dawning, and it's time to let the sun shine in on 8 years of lies. What is revealed is going to be far uglier than many care to ever admit, including yourself. But the truth must be known.

And it will.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

I've noticed they've ignored alot about Iraq over the past 6 years.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
It isn't the US fault that innocent people are dying, it is the fault of the radicals that want everyone else to die.
What's the weather like in Fantasyland?

Old 02-04-2009, 09:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Yes, all the success.

Tell me you haven't forgotten day after day of front page coverage of violence and chaos in Iraq.

When things started turning around, the media lost interest - the headlines didn't fit their agenda.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:28 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What's the weather like in Fantasyland?
Better than the weather in your Bitterland

Old 02-04-2009, 09:28 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiahmooDude View Post
Not just off - but waaaay off which shows a clear disregard of fact in favor of a political agenda.

That being said, 150k dead, or 250k dead, and American dead - yeah, that is tough.

BUT, hopefully Iraq can continue to assert its own strengh and yearning for democracy so all has not been in vain. And that comes from a very very personal wish.

They sure as hell deserve it...
Perhaps he is just takes it personal as many of us NYers do. I agree those that fought there and those whos lives are there deserve to know that the suffering was for something good in the end.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Better than the weather in your Bitterland

Of course it would be, its Fantasyland.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:31 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
If you say it must be true.

I just love how the liberals cannot stand the fact that we won in Iraq, that Iraq will be a stabilizing force in the mid-east, that millions have been liberated, that President George Bush deserves the credit - the last is really the sticking point for the Leftists - anything that puts bush in a good light is bad.
Keep praising him and disregard eight years of harm to our country. Also unlike you I would rather be wrong and have some good come out of it, than be right to feed my ego. You are petty.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:32 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
What is the latest milestone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies