Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can anyone provide a link to view the the new stimulus plan in it's entirety, or are we supposed to
I believe we should have unlimited access to the full stimulus plan before it is passed. 8 57.14%
I believe the government should continue to provide us with information on a need to know basis. 0 0%
As a sovereign citizen of America, I believe any stimulus package should have to be voted on by the people. 5 35.71%
I think the machine is broken and angry, and will only bite if we attempt to get in it's way. 1 7.14%
I'm to busy to have an opinion right now, I've been digging my bunker all day. 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 05:10 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times

Advertisements

I have looked and looked and looked yet I cannot find a link that will take me to view a copy of the new stimulus plan. Why is this such a hard item to find? I thought that surely we, the people would have full access to review this proposed bill since it does involve using tax payer money(our money) to try and help this failing economy.

I for one feel that we should at least have an opportunity to view this document in its entirety so that we, the people can make informed decisions and provide feedback to the people who are supposed to be representing us. It is high time we started exercising our sovereign rights to be a part of this system, not just side liners.

So please, if any of you can provide a link to the actual stimulus plan proposed by President Obama I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want a link to news agencies with tidbits, I want to see the real deal. If no one is able to find a link to this information I say it's time we ask our government, WHY? A proposal this enormous should certainly be a matter of public scrutiny, since it is our tax dollars that are about to be thrown to the wolves. And after the last stimulus package fiasco, I think we are more than entitled to ask questions.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 02-04-2009 at 06:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 08:50 PM

I can't say I am really amazed but after 25 visits I have had a total of 2 responses on the poll and no written responses. I take this to mean that no one can provide the link, nor do they care to discuss their sovereign rights to oversee and assist in the management of our government and our government's clandestine activities. I find this really sad, because it really seems too many of us are being sidetracked.

We care entirely to much about the wrong things, and don't put enough thought into the things that really matter. We stay wrapped up on the pointless and argumentative threads instead of getting into a serious conversation about the workings of our government and the rights we are being denied. The economic state of our union is not the only thing that is scary these days. American's apparent disconnection from the real world is just as dangerous.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:58 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Well, I've been kind of busy today but just came back on the forum and saw your posting, I believe this may be what you are seeking:

GovTrack: H.R. 679: Text of Legislation, Reported in House

Old 02-04-2009, 09:02 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
ovcatto posted it Jan. 30 in "Elections"; Jan. 29 version: End Your Ignorance And Read For Yourself!

Old 02-04-2009, 09:04 PM

312 posts, read 507,026 times
people care too much about who designed Michelle Obama's dress or how much Sara Palin's wardrobe cost etc. but when it comes to real issues, everyone is deaf dumb and stupid.
but this is how life is, didn't you know? the sheeple only listen to the media and the media only talks about celebrities and other brain frying things. no one ever talks about issues.

to answer your poll, NO! of course I don't think people should vote on bills!! didn't this thread teach you anything??
all they have to do to pass a bill is to dress it in J Crew and tell the sheeple how good it is to be slaves to the government and how patriotic it is to pay 99% of your money to tax, and how "only the rich will suffer" and we will live in a communist country before you can say "Who is John Galt?"
don't forget, a great man once said:
Tyranny of the people can be just as brutal as tyranny of the crown (Adams)

Old 02-04-2009, 09:05 PM

Default Thank you for your links!!!

Thank you for your posts. I guess I just didn't know where to look.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:09 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Thank you for your posts. I guess I just didn't know where to look.
I think learning isnt always people's priority here...but we do learn whether we want to or not. Im sure we're all of us far better informed than most folks-on-the-street, as a result of playing in these forums

I love the "broken and angry" choice above!

Old 02-05-2009, 03:03 PM

Thanks. That one and the one about digging the bunker were my favorites. Of course they were meant as jokes. I guess.....

Old 02-05-2009, 03:08 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,732,608 times
What exactly did you do to look for it? If you'd taken a few moments to search the forum you could have come across this website which contains it: ReadTheStimulus.org

You might also try searching the internet. Google is a good one. Google.com

Old 02-05-2009, 03:40 PM

I was using Google.com to search by keywords. Even went to a few government sites but couldn't find what I was looking for. Kept coming up with links to news stories and what not. Doesn't really matter now though, some good folks here at City Data, including yourself, have helped me out with my problem.

But on another note I still feel like we should have more to do with this whole thing. Spending another 800 billion dollars of our tax money should not be left solely up to our government officials. We have the right to be more involved in our government, we just don't exercise those rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies