Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 08:18 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,303,667 times

Advertisements

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 08:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
This one would be a stretch, I think. But it's great they're being so thoroughly vetted, and the committees know we're paying attention.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
This one would be a stretch, I think. But it's great they're being so thoroughly vetted, and the committees know we're paying attention.

Funny ****! Nobama himself was NEVER vetted. He's the biggest ineligible fraud of the whole Dim bunch...

Old 02-04-2009, 08:50 PM

Obama's CIA pick Panetta latest to run into money trouble

http://www.nationalpost.com/1253545.bin (broken link)

Old 02-04-2009, 10:36 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,940,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Yes but OBAMA was supposed to have a "thorough vetting process", Remember those 50 page questionaires the media hyped up that Obama was supposedly using? His "vetting process" should have caught this stuff before they were nominated.....

This should have been addressed before they were nominated, not having it all dug up during confirmations.

Once, I can understand. Twice is dubious. Three strikes and you're out. And now there's a possible fourth one?

Old 02-04-2009, 10:39 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Yes but OBAMA was supposed to have a "thorough vetting process", Remember those 50 page questionaires the media hyped up that Obama was supposedly using? His "vetting process" should have caught this stuff before they were nominated.....

This should have been addressed before they were nominated, not having it all dug up during confirmations.

Once, I can understand. Twice is dubious. Three strikes and you're out. And now there's a possible fourth one?
What is the problem here?

Old 02-04-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What is the problem here?
Financial and tax issues with his nominees. Granted this one is a stretch, but it's also the fourth time one of his nominees has had questionable financial dealings, the fifth if you count Hilary and that foundation.....

Old 02-04-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Financial and tax issues with his nominees. Granted this one is a stretch, but it's also the fourth time one of his nominees has had questionable financial dealings, the fifth if you count Hilary and that foundation.....
Disclosures are now "questionable"? I guess that is why previous administrations believed in black box politics... one never knew what was happening behind the walls. May be the American populace doesn't really deserve a more open governance. Sad.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Disclosures are now "questionable"? I guess that is why previous administrations believed in black box politics... one never knew what was happening behind the walls. May be the American populace doesn't really deserve a more open governance. Sad.
Disclosure or no disclosure, some of these guys were delinquent on taxes that were more than double the total annual income of an average American, and they did not pay until they were nominated. That cannot be forgiven.

This particular one wouldn't concern me too much under usual circumstances but this is the fourth offense.....

Old 02-04-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Disclosure or no disclosure, some of these guys were delinquent on taxes that were more than double the total annual income of an average American, and they did not pay until they were nominated. That cannot be forgiven.

This particular one wouldn't concern me too much under usual circumstances but this is the fourth offense.....
What is the offense with this case? You didn't clarify last time I asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies