Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 12:33 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
I'm as pro-choice as it gets, but once the baby is physically autonomous it has a "negative" right to life, pure and simple. There's no rational way you can justify this...

But this shouldn't give any credence to the prohibition mongers out there!

So why do liberals champion abortions and at the same time oppose the death penalty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 01:40 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
So why do liberals champion abortions and at the same time oppose the death penalty?
Way to make a generalization. And an untrue one at that.
Not all do.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:44 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
That's like saying all conservatives are anti-choice, pro-death penalty and pro-war!

Wait a minute........

Old 02-09-2009, 01:47 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Remember the obgyn who carved his initials onto a womans belly after giving her a cesearian section? I tell you, doctors (and yes, police and lawyers) tend to cover for their own --- often until it is too late. I imagine that this is what happened here...a known bad dr that colleagues covered for one too many times.
I know that I often talk about smaller government and government intrusions into our lives but there are certain professions that make outside examination necessary. There is just too much to lose otherwise.
I agree. Just like the doc who over-implanted the octo-mom. There are bad apples in every profession, unfortunately.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Not all do.
Did i say ALL LIBERALS? No i didnt so dont try to imply that i did.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:56 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,682,335 times
Quote:
Just becuase an apple and a stop sign are both "red" does not make them the same thing or object.

How can an abortion be compared to the death penatly?

I understand each on it's own is a very touchy subject.

Last edited by cr1039; 02-09-2009 at 03:05 PM..

Old 02-09-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Did i say ALL LIBERALS? No i didnt so dont try to imply that i did.
OK, so start naming these liberals you MEANT to refer to.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
OK, so start naming these liberals you MEANT to refer to.

Hmm..It woukd probably be easier to tell you the libs who are pro-life and for the death penalty

Old 02-09-2009, 04:26 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Quote:
Not all do.
Nope... I am a liberal who is pro-choice, and I do not oppose the death penalty. I wouldn't call myself a supporter, but I do think it should be used in extreme cases - for instance, I cheered along with everyone else when Tim McVeigh was finally put to death. He was a waste of space and taxpayer money, so I had NO problem saying "adios" to that pile of crap.

Now, if we're going to talk about hypocrisy, isn't it hypocritical when a conservative is "pro-life" and yet has no problem with war? I guess human life is only sacred in the womb, and they don't care about life once they're here? I also have a problem with pro-lifers who oppose gay & single adoption, and social welfare... since once again, we need to take care of the children AFTER they are born. But I know these are just generalizations, and of course we all have some hypocritical views, whether you are conservative or liberal (or anything else in-between). Anyone who claims they have NO views that contradict each other is lying or ignorant.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Hmm..It woukd probably be easier to tell you the libs who are pro-life and for the death penalty
How so?
Are you saying you know every liberal in the country and you know what they are for and against?

Or are you speaking of the very few people you know in this world?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies