Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:33 AM

7 posts, read 15,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
If there's a problem let it go for our grandchildren or their children to deal with. They'll be better educated and equipped to deal with it. We're not able nor willing. Building a dyke for New Orleans and predicting Katrina was coming didn't help much. Steel mills and pollution were left for us to clean up. We did alright. Future generations can be concerned with what may affect them. We should deal with the here and now. (I don't believe it **** for spelling **** the other way)

So basically, you are ok with destroying the world beyond repair for your children's children so that you can drive a big SUV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 01:40 PM

149 posts, read 608,415 times
I love it!

Old 02-09-2009, 01:46 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truemann77 View Post
that is because may be we are discussing the wrong issue, regardless is man made or home made , what we should discuss , how can we help ourselves being less destructive in our daily living, that would be rewarding to nature and to economy , so it doesn't need irrefutable evidence before some 1 advice u to recycle , to use less gas, to more environment friendly in all aspects of Ur life, use Ur starbucks cup more than once before u dispose it, or better get ur own reusable cup, go to work with friends if there are any around u....etc the well known tips, i dont find any harm in these, actually they promote a more rational way of living, more economic in these tough days.
If you didnt buy that computer you are using now to post on the internet there would be less plastic waste contributing to "global warming". Just saying....

Old 02-11-2009, 02:01 PM

605 posts, read 1,843,062 times
guys man-made global warming isnt real
of course you nay sayers won't believe you, otherwise you'll feel completley useless and dumb...which most of you are

Old 02-11-2009, 02:09 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,388,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernintendochalmers View Post
So basically, you are ok with destroying the world beyond repair for your children's children so that you can drive a big SUV?
They'll adapt. It's no biggie.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:18 PM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Man's peak has always occurred during warm periods in our history, not cold, never cold. It's the ice age we need to look after and there will be no stopping it, especially Al (I ride first class) Gore.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:20 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
I'll put in my two cents here. For all the people who have posted about the freezing temps & massive snow falls in their state, I'll post that it was 60 degrees here yesterday. And on Saturday it was in the 50's. In February. That's a bit odd, don't you think? Now, I am not a scientist, I went to school for conservation but I'm not a scientist & unfortunately, I don't work in my field. However, yes the earth does go thru it's temperature fluctations naturally, that is a fact. What scientists are referring to is the rapid rate at the change, which of course they can find out thru research. I don't know how anyone can deny that the glutinous population on this earth is the top reason for all the problems that we have...everything from depletion of natural resources to traffic jams, pollution, etc.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:20 PM

70 posts, read 172,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
If you didnt buy that computer you are using now to post on the internet there would be less plastic waste contributing to "global warming". Just saying....
Sir please do not mix up between rational consumer energy friendly beneficial products and our overall irresponsible behavior, u can get a new computer but remember to recycle the old one, get only products with energy star.(P.s. computers do not produce co2 directly though the energy they run on is supplied mainly by coal, but if u look at the bigger picture, yes we want to enjoy energy but in a cleaner way )

on the other hand, creating green jobs, green cars , decreasing coal burning , will not only help global warming but would much better decrease lung cancer and respiratory related diseases , of course u might think those are a myth until it hits u personally .

Old 02-11-2009, 06:53 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truemann77 View Post
Sir please do not mix up between rational consumer energy friendly beneficial products and our overall irresponsible behavior, u can get a new computer but remember to recycle the old one, get only products with energy star.(P.s. computers do not produce co2 directly though the energy they run on is supplied mainly by coal, but if u look at the bigger picture, yes we want to enjoy energy but in a cleaner way )

on the other hand, creating green jobs, green cars , decreasing coal burning , will not only help global warming but would much better decrease lung cancer and respiratory related diseases , of course u might think those are a myth until it hits u personally .
We have bigger problems, like teaching Climate Science what statistics are and how to properly apply them in their field. Until they follow proper due diligent process like the rest of the "real" scientific world does, they will always be nothing more than a bunch of pseudo-science hacks out trying to find spurious relationships to bloat their funding and fear the public into praising them for their life saving work.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:28 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I don't know how anyone can deny that the glutinous population on this earth is the top reason for all the problems that we have...everything from depletion of natural resources to traffic jams, pollution, etc.
You're right, although something tells me you meant "gluttonous." Still, I don't doubt that there are, in fact, some glutinous individuals running around out there! I just hope I can avoid sticking to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies