Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 08:14 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,791,565 times

Advertisements

You were a$$uming that people who smoke pot are hippies or "YIPPIE SKIPPIE"?

When in fact, we are more often successful professionals. I have smoked pot with city accountants, lawyers, artists (duh), a doctor (several future doctors), a banker, fitness coaches, teachers, parents, LOTS of athletes, the list goes on... The fact is that pot use is rampant in America because it is not as harmful as beer/liquor. This is why legalization/decriminalization ballot initiatives always get passed when put on the ballot - a lot of people are smoking it, even many people you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 08:19 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,936,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I would think that Kellogg's would embrace Phelps. I mean there's nothing like downing a box of cheezit's after pulling tubes! Or eggo waffles, or pop-tarts, or Sandies...

Mmmm....Sandies.

Since about 1/2 of Americans admit to having smoked pot, I think Kellogg's made a bad business decision, myself.
While half of Americans may admit to having smoked pot, I would bet that a far greater percentage will say they DON'T want their kids to try it, and if they do try it, the parents hope & expect that it will not happen until their kids are older, maybe college aged. Since the people who actually purchase the cereals in most American households are PARENTS, and not potheads, I don't think Kellogs needs to worry about a huge drop off in business from people who really wish their cereal company would embrace the stoner lifestyle.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:23 AM

419 posts, read 602,784 times
I am glad they are ending it

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Phelps deserves punishment for breaking the law. That is undisputed. However, what we need to focus on is abolishing these idiotic anti-pot laws.

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
i will boycott them because they took a cheap shot for publicity and the are hypocrites.
How did they take a cheap shot? Why are they hypocrits?

Seems they have stuck to their principles AND the contract Phelps signed.

IMHO, the hypocrit is Phelps - for pretending to be a clean-cut, law-abiding citizen, when in fact he is a doper and a law-breaker.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:24 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Since the people who actually purchase the cereals in most American households are PARENTS, and not potheads.
The two aren't exclusive, you know.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:25 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Amsterdam is looking for mascots. More and more cameras with ever growing book of laws is going to guarantee sometime in the future you maybe be caught also doing a crime...j-walking, running red lights, speeding, drugging, wearing white after labor day.....whatever your poison.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:27 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,936,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
The two aren't exclusive, you know.
No, they aren't. But I'll stand by the assertion. The majority of people who buy cereal are parents. The majority of people who buy cereal are not potheads. Tha majority of parents are not potheads.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:28 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
One day you're a swimmer the next the most talked about champion of the world. For a 23 year old that's a little much to take on all at once. As always with great talent comes no humility. Humility though comes all to swiftly. If you have ever done anything not many or no one has it does come with a little pride. You can guarantee humility once you start embracing any of those seven deadly sins.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:29 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Phelps is only being singled out because of his celebrity status. The bigger picture is that the laws concerning pot are idiotic and should be changed. There are worse things that damage.
The former advice columnist, Ann Landers, once stated that TV ruins more minds than all the drugs combined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies