Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 10:08 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times

Advertisements

Proof that we need a government imposed, monitored and harshly enforced "Fairness Doctrine".

Put Dennis Kucinich in charge of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 10:35 AM

359 posts, read 1,197,543 times
I laugh at Fox News everyday I channel surf, they are an industry JOKE! Fair and balanced? more like liberal and biased. I rather trust my news with CBS, CNN, or MSNBC more than Faux News.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:42 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
as was pointed out in a thread a few days ago, if CNN and MSNBC are left leaning, and you combine their viewership, it is more than FOX.

It says in the article that FOX leads even if you combine CNN and MSNBC viewers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetucson View Post
I laugh at Fox News everyday I channel surf, they are an industry JOKE! Fair and balanced? more like liberal and biased. I rather trust my news with CBS, CNN, or MSNBC more than Faux News.

I agree that Fox is geared to the right but if your saying MSNBC isn't a liberal network, your nuts.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:04 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Oooooh look I found another thing that attracts so many consumers/fans!

http://cf1.netmegs.com/memestream/dung%20flies.JPG

That means it good right? Because Fox has sooo many listeners!

Old 03-17-2009, 12:41 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,458,627 times
Right wing voters claim that:

1) "US media and cable TV channels are liberal and biased against conservatives"
2) "Fox is winning with much higher ratings then other channels"
3) "Leading radio talk show hosts are conservative"

Aren't these conflicting claims?

Old 03-17-2009, 01:25 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Oh...I thought the title read "cable news rantings war."

Old 03-17-2009, 01:39 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,506 times
Fox News as a viable news source? Naw, don't see it. Fox News viewed as entertainment, yep I see that.

Fox News presents deceptively cropped six-month-old Biden clip as new.

Media Matters - Fox News presents deceptively cropped six-month-old Biden clip as new
Summary: Fox News' Martha MacCallum claimed that "after weeks of economic doom and gloom, the Obama administration is now singing a slightly different tune. Take a look at what was said in recent interviews this weekend." Fox News then aired clips of administration officials purportedly giving an optimistic view of the economy, which included video of Joe Biden stating: "The fundamentals of the economy are strong." However, Biden did not make those remarks during an "interview[]" over the past weekend; he made those remarks at a September 2008 campaign event in which he criticized statements by John McCain.

Fox News up to their old tricks?

Old 03-17-2009, 02:00 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Smile Fox News is Winning the Cable News Ratings War - Obama Credited

Fox "news" will always win the cable wars. They can thank whoever they want to, of course. The simple fact is that those folks wanting to tune into a "news source" that offers a right-wing bias will have only one option: Fox. So, that 30% of the public will be very loyal and tend to think that what they're viewing is fair and balanced.

The reality-based viewing audience will be split between CNN, MSNBC, Headline News, and the networks.

Heck, I watch some Fox from time to time. And Shepard Smith gives all the appearances of being a real newsman. The rest of 'em, not so much. The "commentary" from O'Reilly, Hannity and Beck is foaming-at-the-mouth ridiculous. But entertaining at odd moments.

Worth switching over to when the others on a commercial break.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies