Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 02:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
he and his bitter wife go out for "date night". He really makes me ill.

I can only imagine what the media would have be saying if this was Bush out on "date night".

BTW when can this man get any work done? He is always on TV giving a speech. He gives at least 2 a day. I never remember a president who loved to be in the spotlight more than this idiot.
Good Lord, why would you begrudge him a little time with his wife? Bush was well known to be in bed by 9:30 PM, never missed his daily workouts, took more vacation time than just about any other president, and you begrudge Obama a night out with his wife?

Giving speeches IS part of his job, honey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 02:37 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
His speech to the Dems proved he hasn't changed. It sounded like he was on the campaign trail with his same rhetoric. Blaming Bush, bashing them,etc. What happened to him working across party lines? He let's Pelosi write a bill filled with almost 1 trillion $$ of pork and stands up there and gives speeches two times a day saying we will never recover unless this bill is passed and then he and his bitter wife go out for "date night". He really makes me ill.

I'm glad to hear ACORN and all their pet projects are going to get billions while we the Americans are losing jobs and our homes.

I can only imagine what the media would have be saying if this was Bush out on "date night".

BTW when can this man get any work done? He is always on TV giving a speech. He gives at least 2 a day. I never remember a president who loved to be in the spotlight more than this idiot.
He probably watches himself on loop all night long. Admiring his head tilt this way and his hand gesture that way and how he can make it better!

Old 02-08-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
No, starting a war based on lies is a disaster. Routing out a few tax cheats, really trivial stuff.
Gee.....

How many dems voted for it?

How many talks did Clinton have in the late 90's on the very subject of Saddam??

Old 02-08-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Gosh Americans must be so spoiled...instant gratification or WOE IS ME!!!
For pete's sake! Bush took 8 years to wreck this country , could ya give Obama some time to straighten it all out???? Quit kicking your feet and whining!
What I find interesting is the UN-acknowledgment of the left as far as BILL CLINTONS hand in this mess of today! And all the other Dems in Congress! Voting down bills for regulation.

Bill Clinton let Osama go and 9/11 happened but nobody on the left wants to acknowledge it....

Old 02-08-2009, 03:24 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
No, starting a war based on lies is a disaster. Routing out a few tax cheats, really trivial stuff.
Will you stop repeating that lie over and over. The war was not based on "lies" so making that silly claim.

Old 02-08-2009, 03:26 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
What I find interesting is the UN-acknowledgment of the left as far as BILL CLINTONS hand in this mess of today! And all the other Dems in Congress! Voting down bills for regulation.

Bill Clinton let Osama go and 9/11 happened but nobody on the left wants to acknowledge it....
The left knows it, but will never admit it.

Old 02-08-2009, 03:27 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Will you stop repeating that lie over and over. The war was not based on "lies" so making that silly claim.
Proof please...

As for the topic at hand: no.

Old 02-08-2009, 03:31 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
His speech to the Dems proved he hasn't changed. It sounded like he was on the campaign trail with his same rhetoric. Blaming Bush, bashing them,etc. What happened to him working across party lines? He let's Pelosi write a bill filled with almost 1 trillion $$ of pork and stands up there and gives speeches two times a day saying we will never recover unless this bill is passed and then he and his bitter wife go out for "date night". He really makes me ill.

I'm glad to hear ACORN and all their pet projects are going to get billions while we the Americans are losing jobs and our homes.

I know, after the last 8 years, that this is hard to accept, but, talking to the American people is part of the job of being president. Think of them as 'stakeholder' reports.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Proof please...

As for the topic at hand: no.
Democrats Before Iraq War

Old 02-08-2009, 04:09 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,332,598 times
I am not a fan of Obama (to put it mildly), but it's too soon to say that his Presidency is already falling apart at the seems. That said, IMO, this stimulus package is a HUGE waste of money. If it is passed and Obama signs it into law (which may happen within the next 5-10 days), then that's certainly a major strike against him (again, IMO). That wouldn't mean he is a complete failure, but it would be a major strike against him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies