Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 09:26 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times

Advertisements

"better red than dead"

It's a good thing some of you folks don't speak for all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 09:35 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Sorry that you are intellitually challanged to grasp facts

Not going to list the reasons we went into Iraq because the left isn't interested in hearing the facts... Just the Blather...

The fact that Saddam tried to kill President HW Bush when he was visiting Kuwait, was a good reason on it's own merit outside of all the UN mandates he ignored..
Ahh..I see so the invasion of Iraq was a personal thing for Georgie boy eh...amongst others..doesn't matter if 900,000 arabs die after all they're just arabs. I may be intellectually challenged but you sir are an idiot

Quote:
Could care less what you think about my military history, you clearly have no idea of any of the history and sacrifice of those that allow you to sit at home and not be accountable to anything but your own self interests.
Yup you're right I couldn't care less about your military history or what war you fought or what sacrifices you'd endured. There is no glory in war nowadays where the numbers of civilians killed outnumber the combatants

Old 02-09-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Ahh..I see so the invasion of Iraq was a personal thing for Georgie boy eh...amongst others..doesn't matter if 900,000 arabs die after all they're just arabs. I may be intellectually challenged but you sir are an idiot

Yup you're right I couldn't care less about your military history or what war you fought or what sacrifices you'd endured. There is no glory in war nowadays where the numbers of civilians killed outnumber the combatants
Not intellectually challenged. You just know so much that isn't so....

Old 02-09-2009, 09:43 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,566,245 times
Quote:
I love it when someone without a clue makes my point to the "T"....

Quote:
There is no glory in seeing people jumping from burning/collapsing buildings to keep from being burned alive either... which by the sounds of your blather, was entertaining to your bilk....

Which of course was brought to us by your new friends...

Old 02-09-2009, 09:45 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Could care less what you think about my military history, you clearly have no idea of any of the history and sacrifice of those that allow you to sit at home and not be accountable to anything but your own self interests.
While I wouldn't denigrate you personal service, but please spare me the Col Jessup Defense. When I visit with friends whose names are etched in the granite of the Vietnam Memorial, I know damned well that they didn't die to keep me safe from anything, nor did the kids that died in Grenada or Panama, the Gulf War I or Kosvo. With the exception of Afghanistan it has been a long, long time since any American has died to keep the "homeland."

O.V. Catto PO3
1970-74

Operation Market Time
Yankee Station 1970-71

Old 02-09-2009, 09:48 PM

Only to those who seemed to ignore a massive global advance...

Old 02-09-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
There is no glory in seeing people jumping from burning/collapsing buildings to keep from being burned alive either... which by the sounds of your blather, was entertaining to your bilk....

Which of course was brought to us by your new friends...
Ahh...jumping..burning..buildings....the ol' 9/11 eh? And Saddam and Iraq got a hand in that eh? Ah of course..and now I'm being lumped with those who were entertained at that sight eh? Maybe its more entertaining seeing indiscriminate killings and bombings of civilians elsewhere eh..
Jeez...pathetic

Old 02-09-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Ahh...jumping..burning..buildings....the ol' 9/11 eh? And Saddam and Iraq got a hand in that eh? Ah of course..and now I'm being lumped with those who were entertained at that sight eh? Maybe its more entertaining seeing indiscriminate killings and bombings of civilians elsewhere eh..
Jeez...pathetic
Again, you keep proving my point that ignorance is bliss...

Old 02-09-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Again, you keep proving my point that ignorance is bliss...
Ignorance is bliss. Delusion is deadly

Old 02-09-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
While I wouldn't denigrate you personal service, but please spare me the Col Jessup Defense. When I visit with friends whose names are etched in the granite of the Vietnam Memorial, I know damned well that they didn't die to keep me safe from anything, nor did the kids that died in Grenada or Panama, the Gulf War I or Kosvo. With the exception of Afghanistan it has been a long, long time since any American has died to keep the "homeland."

O.V. Catto PO3
1970-74

Operation Market Time
Yankee Station 1970-71
Glad you served.

War though is like checkers, one move at a time is what wins. All those places are just little moves on a big board. Sometimes you lose a few checkers to gain a king.

Like I said, I don't like war, but there are those that are willing to attack us. We had the same mindset when Pearl Harbor was attacked...."Don't get involved"....

Saddam's attack on Kuwait wasn't a direct attack on America either, but it was one move on the board that would affect us negitively, not to mention the people that he killed, both in his own country and others.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies