Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:23 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,532,718 times

Advertisements

If Obama wants to sent checks in the mail, please listen to the man who stated that they have to be in the form of a credit card so people can't put in their saving accounts, or pay of things they should have paid off any way, since that won't stimulate the economy ....buying stuff will help....so if this ridiculous outragous stimulus package will be accepted than at least do it the way the smart man has stated...but I guess that is too much to ask for....

sorry I see there is a mistake in the thread title....I can't change it...it should have been "One man stated: don't send stimulus checks in the mail, send them a credit card so they have to spend it!"

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 02-09-2009 at 02:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 11:29 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,981,352 times
Use it at Wal-Mart. Buy some expensive items.

Return items.

????

Profit!

Old 02-09-2009, 11:32 AM

345 posts, read 641,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arp View Post
Use it at Wal-Mart. Buy some expensive items.

Return items.

????

Profit!
It may vary in some stores, but most places only let you make returns on the same medium you paid on, or in return for store credit.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureNarcotic View Post
It may vary in some stores, but most places only let you make returns on the same medium you paid on, or in return for store credit.
Correct...the previous poster has to go to Europe, maybe they will fall for that but overhere no chance! You get it back the way you have spend it.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:34 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,509,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If Obama wants to sent checks in the mail, please listen to the man who stated that they have to be in the form of a credit card so people can't put in their saving accounts, or pay of things they should have paid off any way, since that won't stimulate the economy ....buying stuff will help....so if this ridiculous outragous stimulus package will be accepted than at least do it the way the smart man has stated...but I guess that is too much to ask for....

sorry I see there is a mistake in the thread title....I can't change it...it should have been "One man stated: don't sent stimulus checks in the mail, send them a credit card so they have to spent it!"
Bentlebee, where is your logic when you post because quite frankly, I don't see any sort of logic process going on when I read your posts. I'll say this much, since you're trying to "stick it" to Obama constantly, everything that you have said you should have applied to Bush as well. Remember when we received stimulus checks from him, just last year? Perhaps he should've used the fine advice that you're posting about...did you think of it then? Or is this yet another thread to insult Obama?

Old 02-09-2009, 11:36 AM

Ah way to go pee all over my parade.

(I've obviously never had to return an item...)

Old 02-09-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Bentlebee, where is your logic when you post because quite frankly, I don't see any sort of logic process going on when I read your posts. I'll say this much, since you're trying to "stick it" to Obama constantly, everything that you have said you should have applied to Bush as well. Remember when we received stimulus checks from him, just last year? Perhaps he should've used the fine advice that you're posting about...did you think of it then? Or is this yet another thread to insult Obama?
No, I just heard it from a smart man on tv and that was yesterday...I agree Bush should have done the same and yes I didn't agree with Bush his stimulus package....I can't post something if I didn't have the answer to, myself, but luckily I'm willing to listen to smart people and try to spread the word!

Old 02-09-2009, 11:48 AM

By Jove, I've got it..

Go buy a stick of gum at Wal-Mart. Use the cash back option for the maximum value.

Rinse, repeat.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:52 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,288,445 times
spending = stimulus. Any stimulus should be spent other wise it isn't stimulating much of anything.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arp View Post
By Jove, I've got it..

Go buy a stick of gum at Wal-Mart. Use the cash back option for the maximum value.

Rinse, repeat.
Even if that would work...how much do you think the stimulus will help out to create jobs....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies