Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:22 PM

172 posts, read 279,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The hard numbers don't matter. The effect is a general effect..
Of course the hard numbers matter. For a fix tax rate based on income brackets to work you have to know where and how much to take for it to be effective, to balance our budget. Oh that's right you think we should just continue to spend more than we receive......

Quote:
Bean-counters don't really like flat taxes. They tend to understand the theory of marginal utility and therefore prefer to rely on progressive taxation where that is feasible in application..
Well I suppose I'll just assume that you are the official spokesman for bean counters everywhere and take your word for it.

Quote:
The entire FY2009 budget request for the IRS was $11.4 billion. Your proposal merely changes the rate structure. Thi isn't going to result in the saving of any significant share of overall program costs..
Just one example of an expensive government program that costs the tax payers a considerable amount of money. 11.4 Billion here, 600 Billion there... It all adds up.

Quote:
I'm not so concerned with beliefs or opinions except as those may be claimed to be founded on things which are not facts. Now matter how grand, or sweeping, or elegant a vision might seem, it will still need to have an origin and application in the real world to be of any value. This is a fly that gets into the ointment for many.
If you say so.... lol

Time for bed "Comrade"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 08:31 PM

2,788 posts, read 8,014,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
That's fine, as long as the tax cuts stop at $80,000, and are only for those who paid taxes.

That's the "stimulus" quandary. Tax cuts only help those that have a payroll. I, and many people I know are recently out of work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies