Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:30 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times

Advertisements

Tried to watch it but in all honesty he rambled on,didn't answer the questions and isn't a very good speaker...

Didn't learn anything new really...except for the comment about Biden,THAT was interesting....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 08:34 PM

540 posts, read 629,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No. He was going off a predetermined list of reporters.
Thank you Sanrene.
It sure looked that way to me and I have never seen it happen quite like that before. I have seen many press conferences and typically, yes, Bush knew all their names, even assigned nicknames, but there always seemed a give and take of a reporter fighting for the spot. Obama definately spoke the reporters name on more than one occassion and then looked around to find that reporter. That just seems real strange and something I know too well the democrats are capable of teeing up for the messiah.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:39 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
As I listened I wondered why some people on this forum claim every word out of his mouth is a lie, and still defend GWB. What is the basis for that? How can a person believe W and not Obama? I don't get it.
That's simple to answer...

-Rush "The Pig Man" Limbaugh has sucked their brains out with a straw
-They are treating this as if it is a football game because that is as far as their minds and conscience can stretch
-They have been programmed by Neocon propaganda
-They lack intelligence and insight and do not understand that they are spitting in the eye of someone with integrity that is actually attempting to turn this country around and bring it into the 21st Century
-Too egocentric to admit that The Bush Crime Family had evil intent and never came to govern, but to steal
-Belligerent and pissed that McCain didn't win so that no matter what good comes of Obama's Presidency, they will never give him the benefit of the doubt
-Mean spirited and certainly unpatriotic
-just downright stupid!

Old 02-09-2009, 08:40 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Tried to watch it but in all honesty he rambled on,didn't answer the questions and isn't a very good speaker...

Didn't learn anything new really...except for the comment about Biden,THAT was interesting....
I'm sorry, I think you're wrong. He DID answer questions, & when he didn't know the answer, he said so...specifically, about pulling troops out of Aghanistan. By the way, did anyone see the Wall Street Post (I think that was the paper) ask him about A-Rod's steroid use? Weird question, & no one laughed!!!!!

Old 02-09-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:

Well, that is because you were so used to Bush's words of wisdom, honesty, superlative diction and command of the English language.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I'm sorry, I think you're wrong. He DID answer questions, & when he didn't know the answer, he said so...specifically, about pulling troops out of Aghanistan. By the way, did anyone see the Wall Street Post (I think that was the paper) ask him about A-Rod's steroid use? Weird question, & no one laughed!!!!!
LOL...no he didn't,he rambled on speaking in the usual platitudes of politicians that end up meaning little...

And YES,what was that reporter thinking???

Old 02-09-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Well, that is because you were so used to Bush's words of wisdom, honesty, superlative diction and command of the English language.
Again Obama hemmed and hawed,misspoke and to be honest didn't say much at all....

Although the part about Biden was interesting...

Old 02-09-2009, 08:46 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
LOL...no he didn't,he rambled on speaking in the usual platitudes of politicians that end up meaning little...

And YES,what was that reporter thinking???
You know what is funny, is earlier I was thinking about the girl on that forum on MTV who asked Clinton if he wore boxers or briefs...and then that guy asked that question! I know, not even remotely like the boxers question, but I still had to laugh when he asked it. Actually, if I were a reporter, I think it would be fun to ask completely out of the ordinary questions, just to be different.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:48 PM

It is common knowledge that Bush held "staged" press conferences.. Oh that's right , I used the word knowledge which cannot be applied to a Bushie.

Bush gets a free pass from the White House press corps.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...gedcharade.htm

Last edited by sickofnyc; 02-09-2009 at 08:59 PM..

Old 02-09-2009, 08:50 PM

540 posts, read 629,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
That's simple to answer...

-Rush "The Pig Man" Limbaugh has sucked their brains out with a straw
-They are treating this as if it is a football game because that is as far as their minds and conscience can stretch
-They have been programmed by Neocon propaganda
-They lack intelligence and insight and do not understand that they are spitting in the eye of someone with integrity that is actually attempting to turn this country around and bring it into the 21st Century
-Too egocentric to admit that The Bush Crime Family had evil intent and never came to govern, but to steal
-Belligerent and pissed that McCain didn't win so that no matter what good comes of Obama's Presidency, they will never give him the benefit of the doubt
-Mean spirited and certainly unpatriotic
-just downright stupid!
Speaking of superlative diction...tsk...tsk.
-The verdict is still out as to missing brains resulting from sucking suctions
-The opposite is NEOCOM PROPOGANDA (Definatley fits here)
-From the same poster that thinks American soldiers dying for him in Iraq received justice.
-That about says enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies