Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 08:05 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,895,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Why is it that everytime minorities are happy,
republicans are angry and sad.

Why do you hate minorities? Are republicans racists?

- Civil rights act of 1964 = Minorities happy / Republican mad
- First black president 2008 = Minorities happy / Republican mad

Among many others.
They don't, idiots just think they do.

Nice examples, btw. You must have really scraped the barrel in Wiki to find that amount of information. Perhaps you should do a little more research and offer more examples when attempting a topic this controversial?

Old 02-10-2009, 08:06 AM

513 posts, read 646,949 times
I'm a proud white man. I love my ethnic heritage. But let me tell you something Dopo, a hispanic man who has the same values as I do is my brother -- Harry Ried and Nancy Pelosi are not!

Old 02-10-2009, 08:11 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
They don't, idiots just think they do.

Nice examples, btw. You must have really scraped the barrel in Wiki to find that amount of information. Perhaps you should do a little more research and offer more examples when attempting a topic this controversial?
Why is that scraping the bottom of the barrel? Are you saying those very esteemed citizens (who just happen to be black) are not worthy of the jobs they held? Excuse me? Why would you call that "scraping the bottom of the barrel?"

And why would you say someone had to go on Wiki to find examples? I think all Americans are aware of those facts. The thing that puzzles me is - why it doesn't seem to "count" - b/c they served in a Republican Administration. ??? That seems about as prejudiced and stereotypical as it comes - your thinking.

It is what it is!

There are right wing GOP . . . there are far left wing DEMs. Most Americans, of both parties, are more to the middle.

Anyone who makes assumptions about someone being racist just because he/she belongs to a particular political party is STEREOTYPING. To me, that is just another way of dividing people and labeling them and is the same as being a racist.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:19 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,895,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Why is that scraping the bottom of the barrel? Are you saying those very esteemed citizens (who just happen to be black) are not worthy of the jobs they held? Excuse me? Why would you call that "scraping the bottom of the barrel?"

And why would you say someone had to go on Wiki to find examples? I think all Americans are aware of those facts. The thing that puzzles me is - why it doesn't seem to "count" - b/c they served in a Republican Administration. ??? That seems about as prejudiced and stereotypical as it comes - your thinking.

It is what it is!

There are right wing GOP . . . there are far left wing DEMs. Most Americans, of both parties, are more to the middle.

Anyone who makes assumptions about someone being racist just because he/she belongs to a particular political party is STEREOTYPING. To me, that is just another way of dividing people and labeling them and is the same as being a racist.
HAHA, what the hell are you even trying to say?

Wow, read my post again then edit yours. Trust me, you make no sense. I didn't call anyone racist, I was simply pointing out he's going to have to bring a little more ammo than that if he wants to debate a topic like this.

You don't just give 2 examples of racism and label 150 million Americans as racist.

I could give PLENTY of examples on why I think black people are also racist but thats hardly a debate with any solution, now is it?

Old 02-10-2009, 09:39 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,766,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekTruth View Post
I'm a proud white man. I love my ethnic heritage. But let me tell you something Dopo, a hispanic man who has the same values as I do is my brother -- Harry Ried and Nancy Pelosi are not!
I second that...
IMO The OP should think a little before posting such a fail thread...

Old 02-10-2009, 10:27 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,419,303 times
Quote:

Among many others.
That is a very silly thing to say. Republicans in fact do not hate minorities. Republicans do more to embrace ethnic minorities than Democrats. There are many racist Republicans, just as there are racist Democrats. The Republicans don't have a former Klansman in the US Senate though!

Civil Rights Act of 1964 was supported overwelmingly by Republicans. Most Democrats did not support the act. Dwight D. Eisenhower brought forward the first Civil Rights Act in the 1950's and many believe that is when MLK became a registered Republican.

Republicans are not angry about the first black president being elected in 2008. Republicans are angry and sad about the direction he is trying to take this country in, and apparently a majority of Americans are if you look at the polls on the Stimulus/Spending package.

I think you could say that many Republicans are upset about the first black president being a Democrat, because Republicans, especially African-American Republicans have worked very hard to push the conservative message to African-Americans. African-American Republicans especially feel bad, because the African-American culture is more in-line with Republican beliefs than Democratic beliefs.

By the way I am an Egyptian/Irish-American, Mormon, Married to an African-American, Physician, REPUBLICAN! I would consider myself a minority.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:42 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,525 times
Martin Luther King was a Republican!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:47 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times
Quote:

Among many others.

-correction 1964 rights act democrat-conservatives mad, blacks happy
voting rigts act of 1965 democrat-conservatives angry, blacks happy that (the racist CONSERVATIVE democrats dissolveD into republicans, retired or independents.)

was the last draw for southern conservatives and since the likes of those like strom thurmond and others had left the democrat party of the south a new majority of the south arose.

republicansand the full embracement of consevatism, democrats was praticed in the south.

still i was amazed though to see a few democrats in WV oppose obama based on race, these types are the types that vote republican sometime

Old 02-10-2009, 12:01 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,419,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Martin Luther King was a Republican!
Multiple members of MLK's family have confirmed that he was a registered Republican, including his neice Alveda King a former Republican member of the Georgia house.

MLK never intended to make blacks vote Democratic forever. He wanted them to vote for JFK because he thought that he could negotiate with him, but MLK became very unhappy with JFK later into his presidency because he felt JFK put politics before principal.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:09 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Watch Foxnews and tell me how many minorities have their own show (unlike CNN).

It's no wonder that most people in supremacist groups listen to Rush, Hannity and O'Reilly.
I bet they learn a lot about hating "those ones" from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies