Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 02:14 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some governmental stooge with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts for squi rting out babies.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.
I don't think being a minority makes you a victim .................

click on the link to read more and it is a nice article.

Andy Rooney's Point of View on Everything - BreakTheChain.org (http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:7yS0WyvJhSIJ:www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/badrooney.html+andy+rooney,+i+don%27t+think&hl=en& ct=clnk&cd=9&gl=us - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 02:25 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Can I ask, what is the point of posting a fraudulent quote and then linking to a site that makes it clear that it is fraudulent?

Old 02-10-2009, 02:55 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Huh. So somebody made up a rant, attributed Andy Rooney's name to it without his permission, and was used as an example of lying and fraudulent information on the Internet.

This thread provides a clue as to how these internet rumors run so rampant through conservative circles and begin to be interpreted as fact.

Again...Huh.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:11 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
Hahahaha! Wow. Way to fact-check.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:15 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Huh. So somebody made up a rant, attributed Andy Rooney's name to it without his permission, and was used as an example of lying and fraudulent information on the Internet.

This thread provides a clue as to how these internet rumors run so rampant through conservative circles and begin to be interpreted as fact.

Again...Huh.
Gotcha.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:18 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,781 times
Even with it being false. Anyone want to touch on the points made?

Old 02-10-2009, 03:29 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Can I ask, what is the point of posting a fraudulent quote and then linking to a site that makes it clear that it is fraudulent?
Do you watch Andy Rooney? I do, his segment is one of my favorites and I do remember this specific quote on it, albeit I am not the OP... as for the rest who claim it is fraudulent... do your homework before you claim it so, because it is NOT... yes, he did say all those things albeit the link is only to a blog... For the most part, I do agree with Andy on most of his commentaries but I also do disagree with others... that's life... for this commentary, I do remember and agree with it...

Old 02-10-2009, 03:31 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Do you watch Andy Rooney? I do, his segment is one of my favorites and I do remember this specific quote on it, albeit I am not the OP... as for the rest who claim it is fraudulent... do your homework before you claim it so, because it is NOT... yes, he did say all those things albeit the link is only to a blog... For the most part, I do agree with Andy on most of his commentaries but I also do disagree with others... that's life... for this commentary, I do remember and agree with it...
The link is to a Snopes-esque site that states that he did not, in fact, make those statements. It's not about the quality of the source. It's the content of the source.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:32 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times
Honestly I thought he was long dead by now. He is still on the air? That is unbelievable.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:32 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,732,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
The link is to a Snopes-esque site that states that he did not, in fact, make those statements. It's not about the quality of the source. It's the content of the source.
The only reason it's newsworthy is because it's supposedly something Andy Rooney said; it's not being passed around because of the brilliance of its prose. I don't see any reason to comment on this well-circulated list of pet peeves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies