Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 07:52 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times

Advertisements

I don't hate her, I hate what she did. I feel sorry for the kids. I think it was incredibly selfish, beyond selfish, to have that many kids without the money or a partner to help care for them. She is obviously mentally unstable. I wouldn't have faulted her for having maybe 2 kids on her own. Even that while living on student loans is not too smart. But to have 6 and then even try for a 7th is beyond comprehension to me. What gets me the most, is that she admitted to Anne Curry that she was struggling financially with the 6. Then WHY would you try for even 1 more?????!!!!!! If Jon and Kate + 8 lived in my town, I might have helped them feed babies, or maybe donated some supplies. That was an accident. She had IUI, and apparently the docs didn't know that many eggs were present. This is completely different to me. This was not an accident. This is one more reason I'm glad I don't live in CA anymore. It won't be MY taxes paying for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 07:55 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,114 times
She is leeching off tax payers who are already struggling and draining an already bankrupt state.

Edit: oh this was no accident each an every time she walked into the docs off she had him implant as many eggs that were available. She was hoping to have more then 2 at a time.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:09 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times
Who Hates Nadya Suleman And Why???

According to the article I just read, her mother.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:12 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,105,708 times
She has a web-site that is accepting money donations. Anyone going to donate?

Old 02-12-2009, 08:14 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missncr View Post
She has a web-site that is accepting money donations. Anyone going to donate?

I'll giver her my $0.02 worth!!

Old 02-12-2009, 08:25 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
I'll giver her my $0.02 worth!!
And she appreciates your donation and will use it to buy necessities

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/02/0212_octomom_shopping_inf_photo.jpg (broken link)

Im sure her mom hates all we can do is be mad but can you imagine having to support your 6 grandkids and your daughter goes out and makes more kids

Old 02-12-2009, 08:31 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I think it is getting out of hand with the death threats and all the venom directed at this woman. Is she mother of the year? NO! Is she stupid as a tree stump? Probably. But the person that should have been smart enough to say no was the doctor that pulled this stunt. He is the one the threats, vile and venom should be directed at. In fact he should be forced to pay child support to all of these kids or face the loss of his license to practice.
And I wonder who is making these threats and who really hates this woman. I bet it is the same ones that would really cuss her of she had aborted all those babies when they were fetuses!

LA police to investigate threats to octuplet mom (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090212/ap_on_re_us/octuplets - broken link)
My point of view is similar to yours, rather than getting mad at the mom, who I agree doesn't seem to have the brightest of shining bulbs, the doctor is the real problem in this story.

To be fair, he should pay $400 per month per kid, until they turn 18. Although the citizens still end up shouldering a significant cost, he will feel sufficient pain to reconsider his chosen field.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:34 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I don't hate her, I hate what she did. I feel sorry for the kids. I think it was incredibly selfish, beyond selfish, to have that many kids without the money or a partner to help care for them. She is obviously mentally unstable. I wouldn't have faulted her for having maybe 2 kids on her own. Even that while living on student loans is not too smart. But to have 6 and then even try for a 7th is beyond comprehension to me. What gets me the most, is that she admitted to Anne Curry that she was struggling financially with the 6. Then WHY would you try for even 1 more?????!!!!!! If Jon and Kate + 8 lived in my town, I might have helped them feed babies, or maybe donated some supplies. That was an accident. She had IUI, and apparently the docs didn't know that many eggs were present. This is completely different to me. This was not an accident. This is one more reason I'm glad I don't live in CA anymore. It won't be MY taxes paying for this.

I was thinking the same thing about not living in Cali anymore. It is wrong that so many unwed mothers and illegals qualify for benefits that we working citizens could only dream of. California needs a complete overhaul before I would ever consider moving back.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:40 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I was thinking the same thing about not living in Cali anymore. It is wrong that so many unwed mothers and illegals qualify for benefits that we working citizens could only dream of. California needs a complete overhaul before I would ever consider moving back.
in my experience, the illegals don't want any help from the government. They'd rather fly under the radar. They don't really realize that most government agencies don't communicate with each other, and they probably wouldn't be found out anyway.

I know that CA has a program that subsidizes daycare for single working parents. I think it is ok because it encourages them to work. Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of kids in daycare it will pay for? I doubt it is 14!

Old 02-12-2009, 08:42 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
So much hate towards this woman for "stealing" $5000 or whatever a month of our tax money.

S..., at least she is doing it to feed those kids, that I sure as hell wouldn't want her to kill them them because she's broke.

Why doesn't people react like this when our tax money is given away to "help" other countries when anybody knowns that a hand full of politicians are gonna still all that money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies