Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 01:23 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,024,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Well, good. Then if you say Liberals would be for sterilization, we should have it passed into law soon. Obama is the most Liberal President we have ever had. So maybe he snuck this into the stimulus package along with the 8 Billion for Harry Reid's Mickey Mouse train to Vegas
Aren't welfare type programs usually done at the state level?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 01:24 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,279,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
In this case, severe punishment ought to be inflicted to fraudulent recipients, then others will revise their state of mind.
Regards,
You know, I have called and reported several welfare cheats in my life. You know what happened? Nothing. The person on the other end of the phone was not even interested in the information.

Instead the gov't should offer rewards for anyone who reports a cheat and they are convicted.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Aren't welfare type programs usually done at the state level?
Well yes but if you take a look at the stimulus package, it is loaded with funding for welfare on top of the money they are giving to the states for additional programs.

Mostof the money for these programs comes from the Fed Govt and the state over sees its distribution.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
I wish Michael Steele would run in 2012.
I agree! I love Michael Steele. He is amazing and has an outstanding record and unlike Obama, he actually has experience.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:49 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,069,389 times
Quote:
You know, I have called and reported several welfare cheats in my life. You know what happened? Nothing. The person on the other end of the phone was not even interested in the information.

Instead the gov't should offer rewards for anyone who reports a cheat and they are convicted.
What a loving christian thing to do...jump on those that are already down...make you feel better about yourself?

Think of all those who are more successful and richer than you are...looking down their noses at you and wondering when will you EVER get off your lazy butt and make as much money as they do.

Isn't it EASY (LAZY) to rip on the poor and terribly scary(COWARDLY) to ignore the wealthy who have ripped huge sums of money off this nation ??????

You still haven't shown the stats on how much money goes to the poor and how much WELFARE goes to the wealthy.....don't be afraid , they won't find out you spied on them

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 02-16-2009 at 02:08 PM..

Old 02-16-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Well yes but if you take a look at the stimulus package, it is loaded with funding for welfare on top of the money they are giving to the states for additional programs.

Mostof the money for these programs comes from the Fed Govt and the state over sees its distribution.
what, specifically, is in the stimulus that you would define as welfare?

Old 02-16-2009, 01:53 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,392,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
What a loving christian thing to do...jump on those that are already down...make you feel better about yourself?

Think of all those who are more successful and richer than you are...looking down their noses at you and wondering when will you EVER get off your lazy butt and make as much money as they do.

Isn't EASY (LAZY) to rip on the poor and terribly scary(COWARDLY) to ignore the wealthy who have ripped huge sums of money off this nation ??????

You still haven't shown the stats on how much money goes to the poor and how much WELFARE goes to the wealthy.....don't be afraid , they won't find out you spied on them
There's a HUGE difference between handing out money to a lazy freeloader who has multiple kids with the INTENT to use those kids to get more welfare and never have to work a day in their lives and helping someone TEMPORARILY who is making an effort to find/get a job and who needs the help.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
There's a HUGE difference between handing out money to a lazy freeloader who has multiple kids with the INTENT to use those kids to get more welfare and never have to work a day in their lives and helping someone TEMPORARILY who is making an effort to find/get a job and who needs the help.
I wonder how she knew they were cheating.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:02 PM

146 posts, read 368,638 times
Welfare was started many years ago to help the poor but now days its a way of life not only is there welfare now they have section 8 and then they want more Taxes from working familes to keep the programs going sooo what do we do ?? do we all stand up and say .. no more free rides ?? or do we just sit back and stomp are feet? i dont know about of you but i am tired of getting up every morning at 3:30 am and going to work for 12 hours a day to pay my bills and taxes ... here is what i seen at a store one day a man and a lady walking around shopping his cart had 4 cases of beer in it she had chips and steaks so on so on so when they went to pay she payed with a welfare card then the guy payed for all that beer with cash he had alot of $100 bills in his walet i started to talk to the casher and she told me they both come in every week and buy the same things she then she said its so sad she cant even buy a brithday cake for her son but they can buy steaks every week as i walked out of the store i seen them again getting into a BMW so am i upset with welfare and section 8 programs??? your darn right i am .... the sad part of this is the ones that really need it cant get it or wont ask for it must be that working mans pride i guess ...........................

Old 02-16-2009, 02:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,069,389 times
It's odd but in over 50 years of going to the grocery store I have never paid attention to what anyone else bought or how they paid....and so many "I hate the Poor" screamers and whiners pay SO much attention and determine ALL their "facts" from what they see in a check out line ! WOW!

...I must have my OWN LIFE, mind my own business, pick my battles, don't knock my head on brick walls(welllll, maybe in here with THESE hardheads), and actually have my priorities straight and my nose in my own business.

I also, as an atheist , have much more compassion for the poor and those who find themselves in unfortunate circumstances than the "kind , loving" Jesus people.

How nasty, selfish, small minded, cruel, snobbish, self-centered can these people get????

But I'm sure they will all go to their "heaven" because THEY are so perfect!!!!

Of course being the richest , smartest, most successful people in the world I do wonder WHAT they are doing in HERE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies