Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 08:35 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You have NO idea what "the people" want to see!

A month into his presidency and you're whining he 'appears" to be like Carter ...wow! You outta go on TV with that crystal ball you've got.

AGAIN, if Obama never left the Oval office the Whiney Sour Grapes Group would bellyache about that, too.

I EXPECT MY president to go out and talk to his employers...that's us.

I expect my president not to spend the majority of his time on vacation , playing golf, or having photo ops on a ranch cutting brush.

If you think Obama hasn't been working then you CHOOSE to not see it.
If he was working no complaints!!!! We are in a crisis the SKY IS FALLING!!! But while the sky is falling our PRESIDENT is..............................As Yahoo News and AP are reporting, the President is indeed going home to relax in "his first real break since his inauguration on Jan. 20." That's right folks, after nearly a whole month in office, the President, whose only accomplishments so far are: 1, lying to the American people, and 2, shoving the stimulus bill through Congress, is taking a break.

A whole month? Not quite, but you know how hard it is to go out every night to a ball, go to parties, and make a speech here and there. It's not like he should be trying to do, you know, real work.Jumping in Pools: Obama Returns Home for Vacation...No, Seriously
OR...................................He went on vacation over the long weekend.After pushing Congress for weeks to hurry up and pass the massive $787 billion stimulus bill, President Obama promptly took off for a three-day holiday getaway.
Obama arrived at his home in Chicago on Friday, and treated wife Michelle to a Valentine’s Day dinner downtown last night. The couple was spotted leaving upscale Table Fifty-Two, which specializes in Southern cuisine, with the first lady toting what appeared to be a doggie bag.
The president plans to spend the Presidents’ Day weekend in the Windy City, and is not expected to sign the bill until Tuesday, when he travels to Denver to discuss his economic plan.
Whether you like the stimulus or not, Obama’s being an idiot here. Either he’s ignoring the dire economic emergency we’re in and vacationing while he should be signing this bill into law. Or he and his fellow liberals hurried the largest single spending bill in the history of this country through Congress unnecessarily, bypassing much of the debate these things usually get, unnecessarily and for the express purpose of hiding from scrutiny many of the more controversial aspects of the bill. What Was The Rush?* Obama Goes On Vacation Instead Of Signing Stimulus Into Law | Say Anything: North Dakota's Most Popular Political Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 08:41 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,117 times
And let's not forget Camp David:

Quote:
George W. Bush is today making his final visit to Camp David as president.

He will likely miss the place: According to CBS News White House Correspondent Mark Knoller, today's trip marks Mr. Bush's 149th visit to the presidential retreat. The planned three-day stay, during which the president is being joined by family and former and current aides, will bring his total time spent at Camp David to all or part of 487 days.

Yes, that's 487 days. And Camp David is not even where the president has spent the most time when not at the White House: Knoller reports that Mr. Bush has made 77 visits to his ranch in Crawford during his presidency, and spent all or part of 490 days there.
487 Days At Camp David For Bush - Political Hotsheet

Old 02-16-2009, 08:42 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
That is what the people need and want to see ... and now ... I really was hoping he could do something ... but it appears he might even be worse then Jimmy Carter.
Jimmy Carter spent less time and cost on vacations than just about any other president, BTW.

"Jimmy Carter. President Carter spent 79 days on vacation during his four years in office. He normally vacationed at his home in Georgia. "

What President Took the Longest Vacation? (And Other Fun Facts)

Old 02-16-2009, 08:46 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
How low the right is willing to dig. I can't wait to see what you gus come up with next. I hope its a real issue instead of a pathetic rant.

Well we have plenty examples to use from the libs relentless bashing of Palin and Bush. I dont see running out of material anytime soon.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:48 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
How low the right is willing to dig. I can't wait to see what you gus come up with next. I hope its a real issue instead of a pathetic rant.
Idahogie: said
We should have a poll on the most trivial post ever. I nominate this one.

Pretty funny stuff. Only this is relevant to us the taxpayers! He is suppose to not be gluttonous with our money and they are sure spending away on frivolous waste!
A thread I thought was reaching and grasping was the one about Sarah Palins daughter having a LV purse! I mean are you kidding

Old 02-16-2009, 08:49 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,195 times
Quote:
Yes you guys wen after Clinton for being a womanizer and you have a problem with Obama for taking his wife to her favorite dinner spot on valentines day. Yet you ignored the plundered over the last eight years. You want us to not bring up Bush then hold Obama to the same standard ant stop being such hipocrites. Maybe you will be taken serious then.
And you ignore the everything going on now and only want to bring up Bush.

How can you not see that you are acting the same way (just on the different end)

Old 02-16-2009, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
As president when he travels it is ALWAYS on the taxpayers dime, that is the way it works in this country. To do otherwise would be completely reckless endangering the president, and this country.

And it cost a whole of a hell a lot less than Bush's little wars based solely on Bush's lies.

Why Did These Liberals Lie About Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Liberals also choose to ignore United Nations Resolution 144I, which clearly established that Iraq had WMD. That resolution was approved unanimously by the UN member nations.

Besides the illogic in claiming that President Bush lied about WMD, the liberal argument is discredited by comments by Democrats themselves in the years and months leading up to the 2003 invasion.

“[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq’s refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."—From a letter signed by Joe Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John Kerry among others on October 9, 1998

“Saddam’s goal … is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed."—Madeline Albright, 1998

“(Saddam) will rebuild his arsenal of weapons of mass destruction and some day, some way, I am certain he will use that arsenal again, as he has 10 times since 1983"—National Security Adviser Sandy Berger, Feb 18, 1998

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/3197

Old 02-16-2009, 08:57 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
And you ignore the everything going on now and only want to bring up Bush.

How can you not see that you are acting the same way (just on the different end)
We keep hearing, "History will judge GW Bush." Apparently, the verdict is not supposed to be in yet for Bush's legacy.

Why don't we then, at least, give Obama a year before judging him! Afterall, he has one of the biggest messes in American history to mop up!

Old 02-16-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Your just sore that the Repugs lost and the Dems won. I bet McCain was salivating something awful to get on Air Force One.
:smackYeah thats it!
He should just spend spend our money taking his wife out!
Now if it was his money he was spending who cares. But it is not.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
We keep hearing, "History will judge GW Bush." Apparently, the verdict is not supposed to be in yet for Bush's legacy.

Why don't we then, at least, give Obama a year before judging him! Afterall, he has one of the biggest messes in American history to mop up!
Really just because he is Prez does not give him a green card to spend our money!
After all the preaching on how different he is and bla bla bla!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies