Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 11:37 PM

2 posts, read 2,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I agree.

I think back to the Clinton years and miss them. I am like "You know..no worries about terrorists...good economy...a president who cared about people.."

I felt safer than ever and truly felt American. After everything Bush was let off for (Killing people, war...etc..etc), I wonder the same.

I love your posts. Just said that in the other thread!
Clinton started the decline. Clinton was just an absolutely valueless person, to this day, I have no idea what that man even stands for, or what he ever did stand for.

He was just a nameless, faceless, valueless, Democrat sax-playing politician who somehow got elected and did nothing important for 8 years. PS the dotcom boom/bust was not "prosperity".

I don't think even Clinton knew what he stood for, that's why he was always merely self-centered, playing ot the center, and playing for "poll numbers". That's the kind of person we elect these days, as Bush, McCain and Obama are proving to be basically the same mush-heads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 11:49 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Bush stole elections........lol O boy.....You must be kidding. I think its pretty funny how you Dems think. I mean we have a Pres. who was voted in because hes "so cool" haaa give me a break.
We cant even get the liberal press to say 1 bad thing about him..
This is going to be some 4 yr ride so hold on "God is our President now" ! lol
This post gets my best *sigh*

I thought this thread was going in a promising direction for a minute there.

BTW, yes, it IS the America of my grade school days that I wish we still had. I grew up with it and I didn't turn out half bad. As for the partisan vitriol, I think it's a bit out of place in this thread.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:08 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
It really doesn't help to make a scapegoat out of any president.

I am older now and I remember my mother being very upset when Kennedy became president. I was too young to vote at that time and I now realize most students get a liberal brainwashing and I was no different. Add to that the media thought he was wonderful and told us how wonderful he was just as they are doing with Obama now.

As I said before, the president is not the problem. Greed, selfishness, ignorance, and drug abused brains are a few of the problems. Then we come to schools who have students that do not come to school to learn and keep the other students from learning by disrupting the classes. Too many children are raised by day cares where you have to join together and be part of the group and heaven forbid that you have an indepentent thought. That would lead to punishment.

Then when a mother wants to stay home and be a homemaker she is not allowed to because so much is taken out of her husband's paycheck to pay for all those who have children without getting married and expect the government to take care of them.

The end result is a lot of people who don't know how to think for themselves and follow after the crowd and whatever is popular at the moment. This leads to people like Bush, Jr. and Obama being so popular when they first get elected and then so unpopular when they fail because no one else was minding the store.

What we need are some senators and house members who have the courage to stand up for what is right whether that is what everybody else is saying or not. But you know what happens to them--they lose the election the next time around.

This is a government of the people by the people and for the people and the problems we are facing today are of our own making. We have met the enemy and it is us.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:10 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
rough waters ahead for sure. DC put the breaks on the meltdown but its guna happen. maybe 1 year.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:11 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
I don't know why the previous poster turned it into some partisan rant. The evidence actually is quite overwhelming that both the 2000 and (even moreso but less debated) the 2004 elections were rigged and stolen.

That doesn't matter, though. I'll tell you why you can still recognize your country.

I remember in 2000 sensing that, even with a rigged election, having someone like Bush in control was critical to our nation's growth. I had a sense that Bush was necessary to allow an old consciousness to rise, expose itself, and collapse under its own weight. Kind of like a zit.

I had no idea just how true that sense would be. Without complete control, divisive neocons would have continued to believe their ideas worked. Like the backward and corrupted 1950s giving way to the 1960s, Bush opened the door for a massive cultural advancement in our society in the coming years.

So, in that sense, we should be grateful that our nation can swing so far in one direction and then back in the other. Not many countries can do that peacefully.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:25 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,629 times
Carter,Clinton..and now Obumer...Good lord !

You Dems are so blind !
One day I want to live in your "Wonder world"..Just for a day, then I ll go back to reality.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:00 PM

1,069 posts, read 3,198,746 times
Well, what can you say, people should have researched Bush before they put the loser in office. Every business he ever touched was a failure, except his baseball team and he bought his stake in that with criminal money. One has to wonder if the Republicons spent as much time and money on keeping an eye on terrorists as they did on Monica,if 9/11 would have happened at all. Now all the neocons can come up with is "he kept us safe" and haha $13 a week. I'll take $13 plus the $60 a week I'm no longer spending on gas prices while Dumbya was in office and consider that a step in the right direction.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:17 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,629 times
Funny thing is..Economy started to tank as soon as Dems took over Senate lol..You have fun with your $13.00.
Dont spend it all in 1 place...

Old 02-17-2009, 11:25 PM

16 posts, read 24,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Carter,Clinton..and now Obumer...Good lord !

You Dems are so blind !
One day I want to live in your "Wonder world"..Just for a day, then I ll go back to reality.
anyone with half a brain knows if Carter Clinton and Obama had been the only leaders the last 25 years, America would not be in the mess we are in, we would be a peaceful happy nation, the problem is the upper 1% wouldnt be raking in the millions and billions they are, and there lies the problem, we can thank Reagan and the Bushs for that

Old 02-17-2009, 11:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Personally;I started felling that way during the Vietnam war. That is when i saw a great change in this country. We went from a country that people would sacrifice for their country to one that most want others to sacrifice but not them. They reverse what JFK said;ask not what your country can do for you;but what you can do for your century.Now its what can I get out of my country without doing anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies