Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:08 AM

495 posts, read 747,845 times

Advertisements

A disgruntled Republican wrote a blistering letter to the editor calling popular conservative talk-show Rush Limbaugh host a “Cult Leader,” comparing him to Jim Jones.

Link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 09:27 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Yes, Rush Limbaugh is a lot like Jim Jones. George Bush was a lot like Hitler. America treats its illegals just like the Nazis treated the Jews; and when I was 10 years old, my teacher was just like Atilla the Hun, and my father was the meanest man on earth....

Old 02-16-2009, 10:37 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
The fact this blow hard is still on the air is proof positive that the right wingnut neocons cleave to their hatred above all else.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:40 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,723,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
A disgruntled Republican wrote a blistering letter to the editor calling popular conservative talk-show Rush Limbaugh host a “Cult Leader,” comparing him to Jim Jones.

Link.

Thank God for freedom of Speech..............

Old 02-16-2009, 10:40 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
the colorful thing about the hard right is they are never never wrong.
when i asked my hard right friends about the 12 trillion, i reminded them they had publically reprimanded me when i questioned 3 trillion, i got utter silence. the bumper stickers for bush did disappear not much else.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:30 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Talking Rush Limbaugh Compared To Cult Leader Jim Jones

So, was Jones also a chickenhawk?

Old 02-16-2009, 01:10 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The fact this blow hard is still on the air is proof positive that the right wingnut neocons cleave to their hatred above all else.
I once listened intermittently to Limbaugh..( I had a service truck with a 'stuck' radio dial). He was entertaining to a point; more 'showman' than anything else. Eventually I grew weary of his endless tirades, and simply lost track of him.

I do NOT, however, recall Limbaugh as exhorting his listeners to "hate" anyone...that's news to me. Precisely who, at this time, is Limbaugh causing his listeners to 'hate'? Can you give examples?

(I know he's arrogant and pompous and tiresome...I'm interested here in just how he's 'hateful') If you're suggesting he's offensive and sarcastic, of course that may be so....half of our comedians today fit that description. But 'hateful'? How so?

Old 02-16-2009, 01:48 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,849,513 times
Deaths attributed to Rev. Jim Jones: 909
Deaths attributed to Ted Kennedy: 1
Deaths attibuted to Rush Limbaugh: 0

Looks like Kennedy has more in common with Reverend Jones than Limbaugh does....

Old 02-16-2009, 01:59 PM

532 posts, read 859,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I once listened intermittently to Limbaugh..( I had a service truck with a 'stuck' radio dial). He was entertaining to a point; more 'showman' than anything else. Eventually I grew weary of his endless tirades, and simply lost track of him.

I do NOT, however, recall Limbaugh as exhorting his listeners to "hate" anyone...that's news to me. Precisely who, at this time, is Limbaugh causing his listeners to 'hate'? Can you give examples?

(I know he's arrogant and pompous and tiresome...I'm interested here in just how he's 'hateful') If you're suggesting he's offensive and sarcastic, of course that may be so....half of our comedians today fit that description. But 'hateful'? How so?
Like him, or hate him--I'm just glad he is allowed to excercise his "freedom of speech". I listen to him, and don't always agree with him--but I always listen to both sides. I am thankful, and hopeful that the "fairness doctrine" isn't yet in effect. If that happens, we won't be hearing either side very much. People as outspoken as Rush L will be silenced. At least, right now, we can choose to listen, or not

Old 02-16-2009, 02:11 PM

767 posts, read 2,065,664 times
I agree that Limbaugh is entitled to his opinions. But in my opinion, he is an arrogant blowhard who lacks compassion and understanding for other people (and not just the poor). I personally find him to be disgusting. But, admnittedly, the fact that he has made millions of dollars off of his repugnant rhetoric and has developed such a loyal following does attest to his keen ability to influence (manipulate??) others. But many megalomanic dictators have managed to do the same thing over the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies