Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 11:24 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,296,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatteras60 View Post
Maybe she doesn't think there's a difference? Black dudes stumble over themselves to get a chance to date [MOD CUT/CRUDE] white women, so what does that say about how they feel about dealing with their own race?
Maybe the white women they stumble over themselves for are easy and will do what some black women do. Maybe they put up with **** no self respecting Black women will. Ever thought of that?

In any case the thread has taken a totally different direction....Your post has nothing to do with my original post.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-17-2009 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 02-17-2009, 11:26 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,221,073 times
any discussion on such a subject results in an attack. the thread is a baited hook not an invitation.
CDF is full of hooks.

signed
charlie tuna

Old 02-17-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlineerik View Post
If preserving the "white race" is important to people, then yes other races are quickly making white people minoritys(extinct in the long run) in europe and america.

But who really cares what color your great,great,great grandchild is?
As long as they're not purple with yellow dots and green stripes I'm ok with it.

No no no no. Nothing to do with my post.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:54 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,735,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I ask because it seems that there are varying posts on this (relationship forum) regarding sexuality some quite risqué some bordering vulgarity, that people don't have a problem with, but I understand some people have a problem with my tongue in cheek reference to me being a little turned on by a Kanye Wests latest conquest/armpiece/, baffling considering the variety of responses to many posts on here.

Or is it that some of you just prefer to think of us in the negative, after all there are countless posts on here some from the usual suspects who always want to potray us as fat, unkept, miserable women with no hope.

Not that I ever thought having a Black president would change things.
To keep on topic with your original post, no, I don't think America is intimidated by black female sexuality, if nothing else, it's the opposite. Up until the late 80's, blond blue-eyed women were the epitomy of beauty in America. But during the 90's and into the 21st Century, America has turned it's eye towards women of color. Recognizing that there are beautiful and irrisistable women of all races and ethnicities. You have to remember that blacks make up about 10 - 15% of America's population, so it stands to reason they will not represent a majority of magazine covers or ads.

America has embraced black females over the last two decades, with Oprah being one of the most powerful and influencial women in the country. Many other black women have been recognized for their beauty, talent and sophistication.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
To keep on topic with your original post, no, I don't think America is intimidated by black female sexuality, if nothing else, it's the opposite. Up until the late 80's, blond blue-eyed women were the epitomy of beauty in America. But during the 90's and into the 21st Century, America has turned it's eye towards women of color. Recognizing that there are beautiful and irrisistable women of all races and ethnicities. You have to remember that blacks make up about 10 - 15% of America's population, so it stands to reason they will not represent a majority of magazine covers or ads.

America has embraced black females over the last two decades, with Oprah being one of the most powerful and influencial women in the country. Many other black women have been recognized for their beauty, talent and sophistication.
Thanks. But that's Oprah she's Americas darling. I'm talking every day regular black women. Don't want to fall out about it, but it just got me thinking after it happened.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:21 PM

340 posts, read 703,060 times
No

Old 02-17-2009, 12:28 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,735,750 times
No, I have not witnessed anything that would suggest American's feeling intimidated by black women on a day to day basis. Another thing to realize, is that a beautiful women, will be recognized as "universally" attractive to a majority of men, regardless of race. We all have a "type" that we are attracted to, I've always been attracted to Latin, Asian and women of mixed races myself, but every so often I will see a blond or redhead I find attractive, even though they really aren't my type. So if a beautiful black women enters a room, she'll be treated just like any other beautiful women. At least from my observation.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:55 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,835,853 times
My wife is threatened by Halle Berry's sexuality, but lucking she hasn't walked down my street on a Saturday afternoon looking to seduce me with her womanly wiles..... yet...

Old 02-17-2009, 01:07 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,396,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I ask because it seems that there are varying posts on this (relationship forum) regarding sexuality some quite risqué some bordering vulgarity, that people don't have a problem with, but I understand some people have a problem with my tongue in cheek reference to me being a little turned on by a Kanye Wests latest conquest/armpiece/, baffling considering the variety of responses to many posts on here.

Or is it that some of you just prefer to think of us in the negative, after all there are countless posts on here some from the usual suspects who always want to potray us as fat, unkept, miserable women with no hope.

Not that I ever thought having a Black president would change things.
No, no, and no.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:20 PM

5,305 posts, read 4,386,080 times
Nothing constructive here. Thread never really got off the ground.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies