Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 04:36 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Given many of the comments you speak on these forums I consider (as most would) her comments to be VERY tolerant compared to yours, Mr Liberal
Please point to anyplace where I talked about anybody deserving to get beaten for their views.

I'll wait.

PS. Nobody on this thread has addressed this list of quotes. Why is it that the leaders of the conservative movement can call for the killing of liberals, but that you all think liberals are intolerant?

Old 02-17-2009, 04:45 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Given many of the comments you speak on these forums I consider (as most would) her comments to be VERY tolerant compared to yours, Mr Liberal
teatime is NOT tolerant! She thinks homosexuality is something to be cured. That is not tolerance.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:50 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Here's some lovely quotes full of tolerance:

"When contemplating college liberals, you really regret once again that John Walker is not getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors."

"Universal education is the most corroding and disintegrating poison that liberalism has ever invented for its own destruction."

"I hate the damn left-wing liberals. There is a vast left-wing conspiracy in this country & these liberals are working together to attack every decent & honorable institution in the nation, trying to turn this country into a communist state. Shame on them."

"Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. "

"I'll tell you who should be tortured and killed at Guantanamo: every filthy Democrat in the U.S. Congress."

"Liberalism is, in essence, the HIV virus, and it weakens the defense cells of a nation."

"I tell people don’t kill all the liberals. Leave enough so we can have two on every campus -- living fossils -- so we will never forget what these people stood for."
"Howard Dean should be arrested and hung for treason or put in a hole until the end of the Iraq war!"

"Let me just put this in fairly simple terms: Al Jazeera now broadcasts the words of Senator Durbin to the Mideast, certainly putting our troops in greater danger. No more needs to be said about the motives of liberals.

Who said them? Check here. All leading lights of the conservative movement. If you can find a similar list of liberals saying equally hateful things, then I'll accept that you're not a complete hack who can't recognize reality.
Only 2 of these quotes advocate the killing of liberals. Time to read the quotes correctly next time.

Regarding your other comment, you always throw out derogatory comments regarding groups of people who don't agree with you. That, my friends is called intolerance. Perhaps you should consult a dictionary on the definition of "tolerance"

Old 02-17-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
teatime is NOT tolerant! She thinks homosexuality is something to be cured. That is not tolerance.
Please show where she says specifically that homosexuality is something to be cured. And I don't mean something that you read the wrong way either

Old 02-17-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Only 2 of these quotes advocate the killing of liberals. Time to read the quotes correctly next time.

Regarding your other comment, you always throw out derogatory comments regarding groups of people who don't agree with you. That, my friends is called intolerance. Perhaps you should consult a dictionary on the definition of "tolerance"
Howard Dean should be arrested and hung for treason or put in a hole until the end of the Iraq war!"

3, and the rest certainly don't reek of tolerance.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:56 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
So you're tolerant because only three quotes call for murder?

Perhaps when no quotes call for murder you can pull the "read it closer next time" line.

Quote:
Please show where she says specifically that homosexuality is something to be cured. And I don't mean something that you read the wrong way either
They picket conferences where speakers explain how therapy and medication can help resolve gender confusion. a quote from teatime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Howard Dean should be arrested and hung for treason or put in a hole until the end of the Iraq war!"

3, and the rest certainly don't reek of tolerance.
And the number of posters on here who think Bush should be put to death for made up war crimes IS tolerant?

Old 02-17-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
And the number of posters on here who think Bush should be put to death for made up war crimes IS tolerant?
If a crime was committed, the he should be tried, just like anyone else. Has nothing to do with tolerance. unless we are going to pick and choose which crimes we are going to tolerate now.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
So you're tolerant because only three quotes call for murder?

Perhaps when no quotes call for murder you can pull the "read it closer next time" line.
Those are quotes from 3 individuals. That does not make every conservative (50 plus million) intolerant. There are at least 10 completely intolerant "liberals" on this site alone. I am sure there are many more out there as well that I have not met. So don't try and act like you guys are so much more tolerant than conservatives. Both sides have tolerant and intolerant members. Get over it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies