Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 07:09 PM

345 posts, read 642,946 times

Advertisements

I had a hard time figuring out if this deserved a legitimate response or not. However, I have made up my mind.

I hereby declare war on turtle-necks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 07:11 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,497,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am more than convinced that Liberalism is a mental disease. I am so sick of arguing with these effeminate, turtle-neck wearing pseudo intellectuals with their tiny glasses sipping their $5.00 mochas at Starbucks thinking they are so smart! Our local FOX talk radio affiliate even started a little segment about these typical Liberals, his name is Hugh Topian. Please spread the word and help erradicate this mental disease!

100.3 KTLK-FM, 100.3 K-TALK Minneapolis/St. Paul

You're saying it as if the rapture was coming.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:27 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,022,196 times
Quote:
I am more than convinced that Liberalism is a mental disease. I am so sick of arguing with these effeminate, turtle-neck wearing pseudo intellectuals with their tiny glasses sipping their $5.00 mochas at Starbucks thinking they are so smart! Our local FOX talk radio affiliate even started a little segment about these typical Liberals, his name is Hugh Topian. Please spread the word and help erradicate this mental disease!

Yes let us reflect on what we have learned since the election. Key demographic groups reversed course from 2004 and voted Democrat in 2006 and most importantly 2008. leaders in the Republican Party have said if we are to win again we must turn that around. I wonder how successful that campaign will be when lurkers in this and many other forums are pounded by the postings of those who hate, Democrats, Liberals and Minorities. Let us add to that the Hispanic vote with a big* since they really have done a big about face in party preference. We can add to this list the union vote, Gay vote and anyone else that the right wing blog disapproves of. Oh yeah reading another thread add union members to that. Now with foreclosures becoming a topic this week I am sure the right wing blog will help those with mortgage problems find the love in the arms of the Republican Party. In another thread there are those who want to throw anyone with a kid in public school under the bus. That will really turn the vote tide toward the Republicans, attacking the public school mommy vote.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:29 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,022,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureNarcotic View Post
I had a hard time figuring out if this deserved a legitimate response or not. However, I have made up my mind.

I hereby declare war on turtle-necks!
Thank you I forgot how they are helping the Republican Party win the Starbucks vote. Yes this thread is turning the remaining Starbuck drinkers toward which party?

Old 02-16-2009, 08:26 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,012,999 times
Please stop the usual nonsensical babbling about liberalism from someone who knows nothing about it. You gave nothing but name calling and juvenile value judgements which indicates that this topic just a lot of garbage.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:35 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,844,281 times
Quote:

So why are you here? Modern conservatives are a fraud. I'm convinced that modern conservatives don't even know what conservatism really is, they are so spun around by talk radio and msm they don't know their right from their left..

Old 02-16-2009, 08:43 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
So why are you here? Modern conservatives are a fraud. I'm convinced that modern conservatives don't even know what conservatism really is, they are so spun around by talk radio and msm they don't know their right from their left..
Got to go with you on that one. Modern conservative ideology is nothing more than a grab bag of slogans and talking points, in short total, intellectual bankruptcy.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:43 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,199,491 times
Liberalism is a defining ideal of Western Civilization since ancient Greece.

Though I'm not sure if Locke was a turtle neck guy.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:53 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,278,821 times
Quote:

But ... but .... I thought Liberals drank lattes and drove Volvos! Does this mean I'm going to have to change my drink of choice to mochas? And I look terrible in turtlenecks!

Nope, not gonna do it. I'm sticking to my hot cocoa, v-necks, and my little Ford.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:22 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Liberalism is a defining ideal of Western Civilization since ancient Greece.
Them the conservatives are disturbed by the amoral character of the entire growth philosophy, which is steeped in the ethos of western culture and its secular liberalism.

That is an excerpt from "The Taliban: Ascent To Power".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies