Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 07:40 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times

Advertisements

In response to an earlier post I thought I'd make one we can all, as united Americans, gather around. The whole Conservative/Liberal trap is just that. Remember united we stand, divided we fall. Well, we sure seem pretty divided. So sign this one and then we can all play nice.

I, a sovereign American, do hereby pledge to:

1) promote freedom and equality for all legal citizens of this land
2) pay my own way and make a "fair" contribution, either monetary or physical, toward keeping this fine sovereign nation running
3) maintain all rights provided by our Constitution to the letter, allowing sovereign citizens to govern themselves and keeping government small, as it was meant to be
4) never infringe upon the rights of my fellow countrymen
5) live by a set of basic laws and principles which any man/woman can follow and understand
6) protect our borders and maintain lawful immigration, strictly enforce immigration laws
7) truly stand for truth and justice, no more commercial justice system
8) stand against tyrannical government agencies who pursue powers they were not meant to have
9) leave God out of government affairs while holding the government to a set of strict moral standards
10) defend my land and aid in the defense of this nation

Sign it people and then we hit the "Reset" button. United we stand. Free....!

Please feel free to add anything I may have missed that is important to you. I think I covered most of the bases but maybe I missed something.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 02-19-2009 at 12:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 12:39 PM

Default Not even one.

No takers I see. I guess most of us are content with the currently broken system. I don't know why I even keep trying to raise awareness of our true sovereign rights or the fact that many of those rights have been taken away. If the masses are happy with the current camouflaged aristocratic system, who am I to try to change your minds. I guess the herd mentality has won the day.

PS Please, for the love of freedom and this country stop prescribing to the idea that the American people can be divided by party and position. These parties are for the most part the same, not opposites. It is the illusion of difference that keeps a wedge driven between us all. And that division will always insure we are on the losing side of the game.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:38 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
I'll sign it, and gladly!
I think where you are scaring people off is when you let them in on the secret that there are no blues and reds -- just corrupt career politicians. As Jack Nicholson once said -- you can't handle the truth.

Camping!

Old 02-19-2009, 01:44 PM

773 posts, read 1,215,212 times
I would have signed it, but I have issues with number two.
What is this 'fair' contribution you're talking about? Sound like taxation which is theft by government.

Other concerns are a lack of entrenching natural occurring property rights which are essential to personal liberty.
Plus I'm hesitant to offer blind allegiance to the constitution, which while a great piece of paper is just a piece of paper. The very idea of a constitution presupposes the idea that the government is here to provide and protect liberties, which in theory is fine, but also gives the government more power in making decisions that override natural spontaneous order. The constitution when down to the nitty gritty offers less on what the government can't do than the bill of rights.
Neither of which lend as much to the spirit of liberty as the Declaration of Independence.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:10 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
No takers I see. I guess most of us are content with the currently broken system. I don't know why I even keep trying to raise awareness of our true sovereign rights or the fact that many of those rights have been taken away. If the masses are happy with the current camouflaged aristocratic system, who am I to try to change your minds. I guess the herd mentality has won the day.

PS Please, for the love of freedom and this country stop prescribing to the idea that the American people can be divided by party and position. These parties are for the most part the same, not opposites. It is the illusion of difference that keeps a wedge driven between us all. And that division will always insure we are on the losing side of the game.
You're right, Reads, it is a deliberate trap designed to keep us separated and fighting each other. Oldest trick in the book.

You know how successful it's been: any attempt at unifying is "Communist," "subversive" and so on - this is believed by millions. The true patsy - ah, I mean "rugged individualist" - doesnt help his brothers, and starves alone.

On a more positive side people read your above-quoted post and think, "Makes sense, but what can I do?"

What indeed? There are no organizing tools for this. A taxpayers revolution I can see happening, but that's the only likely kind, and it doesnt address your more important question, in fact it would take our eyes off the real ball and send the idea of unity even farther out of reach - self-interest always will trump trust and sharing, that's why capitalism is the only viable economic system.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastersteve View Post
I would have signed it, but I have issues with number two.
What is this 'fair' contribution you're talking about? Sound like taxation which is theft by government.

Other concerns are a lack of entrenching natural occurring property rights which are essential to personal liberty.
Plus I'm hesitant to offer blind allegiance to the constitution, which while a great piece of paper is just a piece of paper. The very idea of a constitution presupposes the idea that the government is here to provide and protect liberties, which in theory is fine, but also gives the government more power in making decisions that override natural spontaneous order. The constitution when down to the nitty gritty offers less on what the government can't do than the bill of rights.
Neither of which lend as much to the spirit of liberty as the Declaration of Independence.
I fully understand what you are saying and I am literally kicking myself for not mentioning the Declaration of Independence. And as far as the Constitution goes, I guess what I meant was placing faith in the general ideals that document represents. Not the document itself. I am fully against anything that puts constraints on individual liberty. I believe in law, but basic law anyone can follow. And I believe the people should have the final word on any and all decisions. Representative government in it's current form is a joke, and the American people are waking up to that fact. We are not being truly represented until our voice is truly a part of the processes that shape this free nation.

As for the other items you mentioned, that's why you're here. To help me fill in anything I left out. Thanks for your input. I will be sure to include you as co-author of this document once we get it signed into law.

Long live the free people of America!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies