Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2009, 04:32 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,430 times

Advertisements

[quote=momonkey;7700064]White males can't take anything for granted because of affirmative action and the constantly present threat of a discrimination lawsuit that effectively means white males have no rights. All that is needed to remove a white male is an accusation.

In most cases we can't even mention that we are more qualified, dependable or experienced than a black or female competitor for fear of being accused of racism or sexism. That always ends with the white male being fired, forced to resign and/or sued.[/QUOTE]

WTF!! You can't be serious. I hope this is just bait.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:34 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
America IS a mind-bogglingly racist place. It's just not in whitey's favor any more. Remember: 2 wrongs make a right!

And LOL @ quoting Jet magazine - oh yeah there's an unbiased source.

I knew I shouldn't have even peeked at this thread as it would be simply saturated with blind delusions and idiocy
So sad that you probably believe what you write.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:08 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
None of those are absolutley conclusive. And even if they were, so I guess that means people should act self-destructively to combat it?
As if any study ever is. The findings are what they are. Are they indicative of any larger trend? I would certainly hope not. But there is no disputing the white privilege at work in these examples. And who said anything about acting "self-destructively" in response. Man you're out there.

Quote:
If America was the mind-bogglingly racist place you say it is, why do we show Black America as the outward face of America in entertainment? But then again, you stated you wanted to enslave white people, so I guess my points won't go anywhere.
They're going nowhere because they are frivolous. And sorry that my facetious remark about whites assuming the role of oppressed minority clearly went over your head.

Moreover, I never said America was a racist country, mind-bogglingly or not. You asked for an example of white privilege; I gave you a few, hitherto unrefuted of course. But pointing out black presence in the entertainment biz as proof that America "isn't really racist" isn't gonna get you taken any more seriously either.

Quote:
Oh, and BTW, all those examples are in Blue States/Cities...
So?

Old 03-02-2009, 11:31 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
[quote=Tank1906;7702589]
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
White males can't take anything for granted because of affirmative action and the constantly present threat of a discrimination lawsuit that effectively means white males have no rights. All that is needed to remove a white male is an accusation.

In most cases we can't even mention that we are more qualified, dependable or experienced than a black or female competitor for fear of being accused of racism or sexism. That always ends with the white male being fired, forced to resign and/or sued.[/QUOTE]

WTF!! You can't be serious. I hope this is just bait.
I would never expect someone who directly benefits from making false accusations against a class of people to see clearly or care. The race pimps and chronically offended have things the way they like. Just ask Mr. MacKenzie who was fired by his black supervisor for allegedly sexually harassing his female subordinate. Like I said, all it takes is an accusation.

http://www.wisbar.org/res/sup/2001/97-3542.htm

Old 03-03-2009, 12:00 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
So sad that you probably believe what you write.
I believe what this person has written because I live it. The alleged wrongs that supposedly still hold blacks back are a joke and everyone knows it. I so look forward to the day when I'll be able ask a black who complains about not being served to his liking at a restaurant if he ever gave any thought to tipping like everyone else does? You desperately cling to that myth of white priveledge because the truth is just plain ugly. There is no defence for black dysfunction because it is solely the product of the black community without any help from ol' Whitey. Fifty years of social engineering has changed nothing. Blacks still lead in every single category of screwin' up.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:33 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I believe what this person has written because I live it. The alleged wrongs that supposedly still hold blacks back are a joke and everyone knows it. I so look forward to the day when I'll be able ask a black who complains about not being served to his liking at a restaurant if he ever gave any thought to tipping like everyone else does? You desperately cling to that myth of white priveledge because the truth is just plain ugly. There is no defence for black dysfunction because it is solely the product of the black community without any help from ol' Whitey. Fifty years of social engineering has changed nothing. Blacks still lead in every single category of screwin' up.
I didn't know white people tipped in order to get good service,oh yeah you know poor white people don't tip either they still get good service

Old 03-03-2009, 08:23 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I didn't know white people tipped in order to get good service,oh yeah you know poor white people don't tip either they still get good service
As someone who waitresses on the side, I can tell you that we can tell who isn't going to tip well. And we don't give good service to those people, no matter what their skin colour. And poor white people don't go to places that require them to tip well, they stick to fast food joints, diners and buffets.

But blacks are well known for not tipping their waitstaff and bartenders well if at all, and usually makeup up some complaint so that they appear to have an excuse not to tip. What a sorry bunch they are. They should just stay home. The servers in the back always dread being stuck with a black customer. Don't get mad at your server though, just be mad at the other blacks that make you look bad.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:10 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
As someone who waitresses on the side, I can tell you that we can tell who isn't going to tip well. And we don't give good service to those people, no matter what their skin colour. And poor white people don't go to places that require them to tip well, they stick to fast food joints, diners and buffets.

But blacks are well known for not tipping their waitstaff and bartenders well if at all, and usually makeup up some complaint so that they appear to have an excuse not to tip. What a sorry bunch they are. They should just stay home. The servers in the back always dread being stuck with a black customer. Don't get mad at your server though, just be mad at the other blacks that make you look bad.
I for one would not consider an individuals bad behavior black or non-black to be reflected on me, I have offten wondered if white people tip black waitresses at the same rate they tip white ones? I also know African Americans who leave extremely large tips when they are treated white, and lets face it some white people are kind of offended when they have to Serve a Black person , they long for they days when no white person ever sunk so low as to pour a cup coffee for an unappreciatve "negro" and African Americans waited on white people for a couple of hundred years with out any appreciation and got through it.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 03-03-2009 at 09:24 AM..

Old 03-03-2009, 09:17 AM

1,004 posts, read 2,703,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstorm1 View Post
Probably some white girls in the suburbs. May be waiting to or get a abortion when they get pregnant. But definitely not the white girls or white men who live in the poor places in the rural areas, trailer park, and the city.

I don't think poor black, asian or hispanic girls get pregnant more than poor white girls. Its the same. Same with if you judged black, asian, or hispanic girls from middle class areas vs white girls from middle class area's.
I didn't say it doesn't affect white girls. But the statistics are available, and people of color have more babies at a younger age than white girls, before they have a career, before they get married, before they even have a job.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:18 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,492,679 times
So basically, you prejudge certain people and give them substandard service. Yet, you are surprised when it's reflected in your tip?

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies