Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:45 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Dust off your old Y2K bunker and move back in. The sky's about to fall. Be sure to take a case of peanut butter with you.
Uh, on second thought, better take a pass on the peanut butter...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 03:45 PM

634 posts, read 1,558,598 times
Talking That is too funny....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Dust off your old Y2K bunker and move back in. The sky's about to fall. Be sure to take a case of peanut butter with you.

Thank you for that!

Old 02-19-2009, 03:49 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,891 times
Wow you mean you can't change 30 years of failed fiscal policy in 1 month?! Well I never!!!

Old 02-19-2009, 03:51 PM

513 posts, read 646,949 times
Why are you defending Obama? What, because he gives speeches that move you to tears? Because Diane Sawyer and Chris Matthews swoon over him? Because he's a Democrat therefore you must support him and make excuses for him no matter what?

Please explain to me ... how is spending nearly a trillion when the country is in debt going to get this country out of debt?

Please explain to me ... what is Obama's plan to create millions of long-term jobs/careers that pay $40k -$50k jobs with benefits packages?

Old 02-19-2009, 03:53 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Well, tell that to the people who are seeing their retirement money disappear and will now have to work many years longer than they anticipated. ESPECIALLY tell that to the folks who were a couple of years from retirement and now can't even consider it. Personally, I don't care as I never played the stock market but I DO feel for the many people I know who are taking a beating.
And they and I will continue taking a beating. Apparently too many of Obama's critics who accused those who supporting him as looking to him as some sort of messiah have bought into a vision that we never ascribe to. Most of us who supported and voted for Obama certainly had no illusion that he would fix the economy in his first 100 days, or even his first 430 days in office. So, I find it bizarre that you expect - to take some biblical license - once placed upon the thrown that he would somehow miraculously turn sub-prime loans into interest bearing Treasury bonds and that all would be good again in the land of milk and honey.

So the question is, who is actually being delusional?

Old 02-19-2009, 03:54 PM

FinkieMcGee,

Why would you defend this guy? Why? Seriously. Do you honestly think he gives a rats a@# about you?

He promised that he was the one we were looking for that he'd bring change. So again, I ask my question, Obama's move was to spend nearly a trillion when the country is already in debt so how is that going to get the country out of debt?

And what is his specific plan to create lots of decent jobs?

Old 02-19-2009, 03:55 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekTruth View Post
Why are you defending Obama? What, because he gives speeches that move you to tears? Because Diane Sawyer and Chris Matthews swoon over him? Because he's a Democrat therefore you must support him and make excuses for him no matter what?

Please explain to me ... how is spending nearly a trillion when the country is in debt going to get this country out of debt?

Please explain to me ... what is Obama's plan to create millions of long-term jobs/careers that pay $40k -$50k jobs with benefits packages?
How about you watch and see what happens since he got elected and the bill is already passed. From your bunker with your peanut butter just in case.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
ooooh....aaaaahh....ooooh....the end is coming, the end is coming!!! The DOW is 5 points lower than last November.

Pull yourselves together!!!

Recovery will take years. The housing market is still on its way down, and so is the stock market. Instead of crying yourselves to sleep, I recommend you study the market so you can pick up the deals. General Electric is trading at $10.00 and no one wants it. When it was trading at $60.00, people couldn't get enough of it. What the heck??? It's like people don't like bargains.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:56 PM

Answer the question ...

... what is Obama's specific plan to create millions of long-term jobs?

... why would spending nearly a trillion dollars get this country out of debt?

Old 02-19-2009, 03:58 PM

If you're $10,000 in debt ...

... and you choose to spend $10,000 using bank loans and credit cards on lawncare, a downpayment for a new car, a new HDTV and curtins ...

... will that get you out of debt or just put you in $20,000 in debt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies