Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 05:53 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,167,958 times

Advertisements

I wonder who they actually polled for this nonsense?

did they poll all those on welfare and only liberals? or did they actually poll the complete spectrum of voters from the extreme left to the xtreme right.

it seems to me that they left all those out that were even considered more conservative than mccain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 05:55 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,340,685 times
Default when the poll is called up yonder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I wonder who they actually polled for this nonsense?

did they poll all those on welfare and only liberals? or did they actually poll the complete spectrum of voters from the extreme left to the xtreme right.

it seems to me that they left all those out that were even considered more conservative than mccain.

i just happened to be looking at topics for a thesis class dealing w/ pop culture issues. i spotted this guff. my very first reaction to it was "bull!" i don't believe---even in these nutty times---that the majority of americans stated that bo was, is, or ever will be their hero, and much less, that he is greater than jesus christ. that is simply ludricous, and it denotes that the person(s) who constructed the question is obviously suffering from delusions of self-granduer. it might even be advanced by simple simon, himself. joe has already told us that bo thinks easter is all about bo, himself. now, he might be on the same level as king jr...in that jr is gone, and hopefully simple simon will be in less than 4 years.

Last edited by kingchef; 05-23-2009 at 06:10 AM..

Old 05-23-2009, 05:58 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,596,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
i just happened to be looking at topics for a thesis class dealing w/ pop culture issues. i spotted this guff. my very first reaction to was "bull!" i don't believe---even in these nutty times---that the majority of americans stated that bo was, is, or ever will be their hero, and much less, that he is greater than jesus christ. that is simply ludricous, and it denotes that the person(s) who constructed the question is obviously suffering from delusions of self-granduer. it might even be advanced by simple simon, himself. joe has already told us that bo thinks easter is all about bo, himself.
Agreed. Its just more liberal indoctrination. MAO-bama has done nothing heroic in the least, much less be made #1 on the alleged list.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:06 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,292,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
John Lennon actually said the Beatles were. Different generation I guess. People were in an uproar over his statement. Now, they are actually saying themselves that somebody else is their hero over Jesus.

How times have changed.
Lennon said, that more people in the world had heard of the Beatles than Jesus Christ.

It was a true statement.

The Christians came unglued and finally killed him.

Not much difference insulting christianity from insulting islam, is there?

Of course, statements don't have to imply or state an insult to be inferred as an insult for whatever reason suits the so-called insulted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEa8g...eature=related

Last edited by ergohead; 05-23-2009 at 06:27 AM..

Old 05-23-2009, 06:08 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,215,401 times
Quote:
Americans named President Obama as their No. 1 hero, followed by Jesus Christ and Martin Luther King, in a new Harris poll.
I think that might be a bit more valid if it said SOME Americans named... whatever.

To say Americans, as implying all Americans, just makes the statement completely bogus, poll or no poll.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:09 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,596,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
I think that might be a bit more valid if it said SOME Americans named... whatever.

To say Americans, as implying all Americans, just makes the statement completely bogus, poll or no poll.
I'm guessing this poll was conducted by ACORN.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:14 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,113,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post

I agree that statements that start out "Americans think this or that..." should be outlawed, it's stupid. It should be "SOME Americans think...." or "The majority of Americans think..."

....there's as many different opinions as there are Americans

I'm an American and I don't rate jesus that high...

Old 05-23-2009, 06:46 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,336,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekTruth View Post
Americans named President Obama as their No. 1 hero, followed by Jesus Christ and Martin Luther King, in a new Harris poll.

Yes Americans are worshipping a human being instead of God!

The end result?

Can you say "The Greatest Depression!"

401k's gone.
Stock market crash.
Tent cities.
Famine.
Unprecedented job losses.
What was the poll on? You don't say.
The results have no meaning.

But the question in the poll was "Who do you admire enough to call a hero".
The person answering did not pick from a list, they wrote in their choice.
It wasn't comparing A to B to C.

(I didn't know that Martin Luther King was elevated to god level, when did you make that happen?)

Old 05-23-2009, 06:54 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,620,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Lennon said, that more people in the world had heard of the Beatles than Jesus Christ.

It was a true statement.

The Christians came unglued and finally killed him.

Not much difference insulting christianity from insulting islam, is there?

YouTube - Connie Talbot- Imagine
Now, there's a fine example of liberal revisionism of history.

And anyone who is still a follower of John Lennon is deep into nihilism.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:17 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,292,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Now, there's a fine example of liberal revisionism of history.

And anyone who is still a follower of John Lennon is deep into nihilism.
Oh, pity them!

I was there at the time, observing first hand, the Crazy Christian Right's reaction to that song.

They organized nationally on the burning of all Beatles albums, and threatened hundreds of radio stations with "explosive" remarks.

Sounds like you might have been a member of that Great Christian Army.

YouTube - Cedarmont Kids - Onward, Christian Soldiers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies