Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 11:48 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times

Advertisements

Why I say?
Why

I dont care of your a republican or a democrat or independant or whatever.
WHY do you trust the Government with your money.

WHY!!!!!

Why do you trust them to support any cause with out demanding a balanced budget, accountablity and most importantly expect them to actually report on what they are doing.
No matter how much they take from you in taxes they find ways to waste it, make the problem worse and or just ask you for more.

This bailout from Bush and Obama are just more examples of how with your money they think they can control you, control your income, control the economy what do they know about your bills, your kids and your home. When they caused this mess to begin with and the federal reserve system is bleeding us dry and destroying your the value of the dollars you work for.

WHY!!!!!!

Stop depending on government, start demanding they leave us alone.
Our personal lives or finincal lives and have them start doing the job they are suppose to be doing. Protect our civil liberties, our country from attack and defend us and that is about IT WE DO THE REST, trust me it works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 11:59 AM

513 posts, read 646,706 times
You can't reason with liberals. They're that segment of society that doesn't critically-think.
They're the same people who fell for the Communist and Nazi propaganda.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:01 PM

553 posts, read 836,833 times
I think these people would care if they were thinking clearly...

Too many people just got way too emotionally and mentally invested in all the hype and now they'll be damned if they're going to let someone persuade them otherwise...

It's really a shame. This is not a political issue, it's about our freedoms, rights and liberties as Americans.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:05 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
I don't trust much of anybody. That said, I'll put my trust in the new president rather than corporate CEO's, bankers and Wall St. big shots. We put our trust in them for the past eight years, and we all know how that turned out.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:09 PM

266 posts, read 402,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I don't trust much of anybody. That said, I'll put my trust in the new president rather than corporate CEO's, bankers and Wall St. big shots. We put our trust in them for the past eight years, and we all know how that turned out.
Only eight years?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:12 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Where you forced to give your money to those bankers and corporate CEOs and Wall St big shots?
No.
Are you forced to fork over a substantial part of your income in the form of taxes?
Yes.
I think that is what the OP was getting at.

Personally I don't view the government as a solid entity. It is rife with corruption, greed and self agrandizement. Yet - they are what we have and it is in our best interest to hold them accountable for what they do and for what they don't do - regardless if they are 'my' party or not.
Right now we have too many people giving passes to all sorts of bad behavior because the politician is one of 'our' guys and not one of 'theirs'.

Short sighted bs, and one that has been biting us steadily in the azz for about thirty years.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:21 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,035 times
The Bailout is the last option on the table. Let's try to image things the way there going without bailout!

let me put this way: a house is on fire, firefighters have been called, they arrive, and start waterhosing the interior...is it possible to not waterhose certain item in the house on fire?...most likely NO.
Every thing will either burn down or get water destroyed.

After so many years of financial irresponsibility(ies), some people brought on themselves and others this misery.
The government is not responsible for your actions, but when your actions alter and affect others, the governement must intervene.
I blame 85% of this financial crisis on people, irrational spending.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:33 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,369,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekTruth View Post
You can't reason with liberals. They're that segment of society that doesn't critically-think.
They're the same people who fell for the Communist and Nazi propaganda.

Not everyone can be a member of the "Master Race". If everyone were, it just wouldn't be any fun, now would it?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:38 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,387,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
The Bailout is the last option on the table.
No, no it wasn't.

a) Nothing could have been done.

b) A bill that actually was geared towards stimulous rather than pet projects could have been passes.

c) They could have waited and seen what the effects of TARP were.

For the record, I'm for a, but there are three options that were still on the table, but hastily dismissed.

We won, indeed.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:50 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Where you forced to give your money to those bankers and corporate CEOs and Wall St big shots?
No.
Are you forced to fork over a substantial part of your income in the form of taxes?
Yes.
I think that is what the OP was getting at.
It's not question of being forced. The question is "Who's running the economy?" Recent conservative thought holds that corporations and financial institutions are capable of self-regulation; that they will act in the public interest. We all can see how that turned out. This is why I'll take my chances with the government.

Quote:
Personally I don't view the government as a solid entity. It is rife with corruption, greed and self agrandizement.
I agree. Yet, this also describes corporate America. Again, I'll take my chances with Obama for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies