Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 05:59 PM

240 posts, read 352,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What would this intelligent, informed culture look like? Would it be Christian, Atheist, Muslim, or what?
I don't see what religion has to do with it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 06:00 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Depends on how fast and focused this admin is on convincing us we are cowards and capitalist pigs....

I remember a Carter malaise speech....

Old 02-22-2009, 06:09 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So far Ron Paul but the voters didn't think so.
I honestly thought you could only vote for obama or mccain. I knew nothing about the "write-in" option if I did I would have registered and voted for him.

Canada seems to be doing just fine during these tough times.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:18 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
It seems we can't afford to be a Superpower anyway...........

Old 02-22-2009, 06:18 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
All empires fall and others rise. But I am OK with that. Frankly I am tired of being responsible for the rest of the damn world. Let somebody else do it for awhile. Letting us take it over was probably the best thing England ever did for itself!

Old 02-22-2009, 06:20 PM

You people don't speak for the rest of us. Marinate in your malaise in a separate barrel but don't sour the rest of the group. Just because you think the flag wrapped patriot is a false future still won't change the fact that those people brought you to the wonderful place you are now. The people who think Americas better days are a head of us...

Old 02-22-2009, 06:32 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
According to the bible the next empire will be "the feet of iron and clay".

Daniel's interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar dream:

The statue in the dream represented Kingdoms (empires)

1. Head of Gold - Babylon (Iraq)

2. Breast of silver - Persia (Iran. Two arms representing two kings)

3. Torso of Brass - Alexander the Great (Greece)

4. Legs of Iron - Rome (the two legs representing the division of Rome)

5. Feet of clay and iron - Not yet come

Nebuchadnezzarwas the king of the first empire, so all the others were prophesies, which became true later.

The fifth empire is said to be a coalition of nations, where some countries are clay and some iron. Since clay and iron don't mix, they will never be fully unified. So what is this? UN or EU? I think it describes European Union very well. Most scholars of the Bible also believe the fifth kingdom will rise form the ruins of Rome, and we all know Rome was in Europe. Also, the ten toes further explains the multitude of kings and nations.

"In that you saw the feet and toes, partly of potter's clay and partly of iron, it will be a divided kingdom; but it will have in it the toughness of iron, just as you saw the iron mixed with common clay. "As the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of pottery, so some of the kingdom will be strong and part of it will be brittle. (Daniel 2: 41-42)

There are other scholars who believe the 10 toes represented the kings of Europe who ruled after the fall of Rome, but most believe it has yet to come. Take you pick.

So, we may have been a superpower, as USSR was, but not exactly an Empire, but according to Daniel there will be a fifth empire, and I do not think US will be allowed to maintain a superpower status if there is going to be an empire. However, we will most likely be allied to the new empire.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:08 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
All empires fall and others rise. But I am OK with that. Frankly I am tired of being responsible for the rest of the damn world. Let somebody else do it for awhile. Letting us take it over was probably the best thing England ever did for itself!
I'll second that, lets let the EU take care of the World, while we do some cleaning up in our own backyard, maybe even relax in peace for a little bit.

bill

Old 02-22-2009, 07:25 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
It seems we can't afford to be a Superpower anyway...........

I think this is probably the most cogent point. I think the "Superpowers" (if the term isn't obsolete) of this Century will be the Asian and Pacific Rim countries. That doesn't automatically mean we have to relinquish our Leadership role. Britain has done quite well at hanging onto theirs. If we're to do that we must shed the doctrine of Empire that has hijacked our National Interest.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:03 PM

No! We can't afford not to be....

You like your lifestyle of free choice of foods, electronics, housing..etc?

It's time for you people wanting to force the evil of America down everyone elses throat be dismissed. Time to embrace3 and wrap ourselves in an American flag (patriotism) and if you can come up with a more acceptable society one less imperialistic around the world with more influence, one more willing to give up lifestyle to help others around us then you can be the first to cast the stones of racial cowardliness. Till then you sit in the same hypocritical box Holder and his tiny little mind does.

Not sure where an attorney general who thinks America is the evil in the world is suppose to take us.... Whatever the case there are some certain people that own that choice of leadership.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 02-22-2009 at 08:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies