U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 02-22-2009, 02:01 PM
 
1,330 posts, read 233,060 times
Reputation: 202
Default Because of Obama, America has TRULY lost respect in the world.

The notion of America losing respect under Bush was always just a partisan sham purveyed by the left. We, in fact, were hugely respected after Iraq because 1) we showed we wouldn't put up with crap 2) we proved to our allies we keep our word.

This doesn't mean everybody liked us under Bush. After all, France, Germany, Russia, and the UN all had illegal under-the-table deals with Saddam that we exposed to the world. Yeah, those countries got mad at us all right. While they were preaching peace and socialism, they were cheating; they were abetting worldwide terrorism. They were angry that Bush upset that gravy train. But make no mistake; these countries respected us greatly under Bush.

Now look at today. Under Obama, we are rapidly becoming laughingstocks and punchlines in the financial world. We have erstwhile economic failures like Russia and China scolding us, formerly the world's greatest capitalist icon, for becoming socialist. They are laughing at us for embracing the very economic philosophy they had just finished rejecting because they witnessed first hand the abject failure of socialism. They are ridiculing us because after decades of eating steak, we are now seeking out stale peanut butter sandwiches. After decades of riding high in a Cadillac, we are searching for a Yugo. After living in the Ritz Carlton, we have opted for Motel 6. We have dumped Charlize Theron for Tori Spelling.

Britain is laughing at us for eagerly anticipating a failed health care system they are in the process of scrapping. "Didn't they watch us wallow for years? Didn't they see the doctor shortages? What is America thinking"? asked Christopher Hitchens?

Iran is laughing with glee now. They know they have a lightweight pushover running our military now; someone who, in fact, despises the military. Osama Bin Laden, whose recent messages have sounded exactly like Obama campaign messages, has to be rubbing his hands together in anticipation, KNOWING America will return to the Clinton years and not respond strongly to an attack.

Under Bush, world liberals and Islamic terrorists hated us, yes. But they damn sure respected us. Today, they are all laughing at us. This time it's more than partisan spin; it's the truth.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-22-2009, 03:05 PM
 
4,586 posts, read 3,230,490 times
Reputation: 931
LOL..This thread is a partisan punch line. Obama is really an evil magician if he can be that bad in a month..Save this thread until next February and maybe it'll be relevant but today it's just nonsense.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2009, 03:06 PM
 
7,352 posts, read 6,224,616 times
Reputation: 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
The notion of America losing respect under Bush was always just a partisan sham purveyed by the left. We, in fact, were hugely respected after Iraq because 1) we showed we wouldn't put up with crap 2) we proved to our allies we keep our word.

This doesn't mean everybody liked us under Bush. After all, France, Germany, Russia, and the UN all had illegal under-the-table deals with Saddam that we exposed to the world. Yeah, those countries got mad at us all right. While they were preaching peace and socialism, they were cheating; they were abetting worldwide terrorism. They were angry that Bush upset that gravy train. But make no mistake; these countries respected us greatly under Bush.

Now look at today. Under Obama, we are rapidly becoming laughingstocks and punchlines in the financial world. We have erstwhile economic failures like Russia and China scolding us, formerly the world's greatest capitalist icon, for becoming socialist. They are laughing at us for embracing the very economic philosophy they had just finished rejecting because they witnessed first hand the abject failure of socialism. They are ridiculing us because after decades of eating steak, we are now seeking out stale peanut butter sandwiches. After decades of riding high in a Cadillac, we are searching for a Yugo. After living in the Ritz Carlton, we have opted for Motel 6. We have dumped Charlize Theron for Tori Spelling.

Britain is laughing at us for eagerly anticipating a failed health care system they are in the process of scrapping. "Didn't they watch us wallow for years? Didn't they see the doctor shortages? What is America thinking"? asked Christopher Hitchens?

Iran is laughing with glee now. They know they have a lightweight pushover running our military now; someone who, in fact, despises the military. Osama Bin Laden, whose recent messages have sounded exactly like Obama campaign messages, has to be rubbing his hands together in anticipation, KNOWING America will return to the Clinton years and not respond strongly to an attack.

Under Bush, world liberals and Islamic terrorists hated us, yes. But they damn sure respected us. Today, they are all laughing at us. This time it's more than partisan spin; it's the truth.
Are you kidding? The vast majority of the world's populace would have voted for Obama, if they had had the privilege.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2009, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,126 posts, read 8,154,469 times
Reputation: 2322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
The notion of America losing respect under Bush was always just a partisan sham purveyed by the left. We, in fact, were hugely respected after Iraq because 1) we showed we wouldn't put up with crap 2) we proved to our allies we keep our word.

This doesn't mean everybody liked us under Bush. After all, France, Germany, Russia, and the UN all had illegal under-the-table deals with Saddam that we exposed to the world. Yeah, those countries got mad at us all right. While they were preaching peace and socialism, they were cheating; they were abetting worldwide terrorism. They were angry that Bush upset that gravy train. But make no mistake; these countries respected us greatly under Bush.

Now look at today. Under Obama, we are rapidly becoming laughingstocks and punchlines in the financial world. We have erstwhile economic failures like Russia and China scolding us, formerly the world's greatest capitalist icon, for becoming socialist. They are laughing at us for embracing the very economic philosophy they had just finished rejecting because they witnessed first hand the abject failure of socialism. They are ridiculing us because after decades of eating steak, we are now seeking out stale peanut butter sandwiches. After decades of riding high in a Cadillac, we are searching for a Yugo. After living in the Ritz Carlton, we have opted for Motel 6. We have dumped Charlize Theron for Tori Spelling.

Britain is laughing at us for eagerly anticipating a failed health care system they are in the process of scrapping. "Didn't they watch us wallow for years? Didn't they see the doctor shortages? What is America thinking"? asked Christopher Hitchens?

Iran is laughing with glee now. They know they have a lightweight pushover running our military now; someone who, in fact, despises the military. Osama Bin Laden, whose recent messages have sounded exactly like Obama campaign messages, has to be rubbing his hands together in anticipation, KNOWING America will return to the Clinton years and not respond strongly to an attack.

Under Bush, world liberals and Islamic terrorists hated us, yes. But they damn sure respected us. Today, they are all laughing at us. This time it's more than partisan spin; it's the truth.
Once again spewing garbage I see. Under Clinton how many times did they attack the US? Zero,thats right;because they knew BUSH was the pushover.The economy continues to drop including the markets because of uncertainty with the stimulus.When it came to other countries they never respected us under Bush,just feared because they knew an idiot was in charge and as far as they know,he might let his own people rot! Oh yeah, he did after the hurricanes.Clinton never responded to attacks because they never came.As for Obama he decided to focus our troops where they should have always been;Afghanistan and NOT Iraq.No matter who is at the helm most of the world will always hate us but Obama will restore some of that.This wont happen in one month because if that were the case then consider this:When Bush took over he slowly killed a country for about 5-6 years and then for 2-3 years attempted to help it (or whatever he wants to call it) and we see how much progress he made. Let me make it simple for you in case you don't understand-------- BUSH-BAD,anybody else including OBAMA-can't be as bad.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2009, 03:42 PM
 
73 posts, read 54,958 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
The notion of America losing respect under Bush was always just a partisan sham purveyed by the left. We, in fact, were hugely respected after Iraq because 1) we showed we wouldn't put up with crap 2) we proved to our allies we keep our word.

This doesn't mean everybody liked us under Bush. After all, France, Germany, Russia, and the UN all had illegal under-the-table deals with Saddam that we exposed to the world. Yeah, those countries got mad at us all right. While they were preaching peace and socialism, they were cheating; they were abetting worldwide terrorism. They were angry that Bush upset that gravy train. But make no mistake; these countries respected us greatly under Bush.

Now look at today. Under Obama, we are rapidly becoming laughingstocks and punchlines in the financial world. We have erstwhile economic failures like Russia and China scolding us, formerly the world's greatest capitalist icon, for becoming socialist. They are laughing at us for embracing the very economic philosophy they had just finished rejecting because they witnessed first hand the abject failure of socialism. They are ridiculing us because after decades of eating steak, we are now seeking out stale peanut butter sandwiches. After decades of riding high in a Cadillac, we are searching for a Yugo. After living in the Ritz Carlton, we have opted for Motel 6. We have dumped Charlize Theron for Tori Spelling.

Britain is laughing at us for eagerly anticipating a failed health care system they are in the process of scrapping. "Didn't they watch us wallow for years? Didn't they see the doctor shortages? What is America thinking"? asked Christopher Hitchens?

Iran is laughing with glee now. They know they have a lightweight pushover running our military now; someone who, in fact, despises the military. Osama Bin Laden, whose recent messages have sounded exactly like Obama campaign messages, has to be rubbing his hands together in anticipation, KNOWING America will return to the Clinton years and not respond strongly to an attack.

Under Bush, world liberals and Islamic terrorists hated us, yes. But they damn sure respected us. Today, they are all laughing at us. This time it's more than partisan spin; it's the truth.


"We have dumped Charlize Theron for Tori Spelling."?

We dumped Jennifer Anison for Rosie O'Donnel.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2009, 03:44 PM
 
Location: New York, New York
4,828 posts, read 4,043,740 times
Reputation: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDIWHOHAH View Post
"We have dumped Charlize Theron for Tori Spelling."?

We dumped Jennifer Anison for Rosie O'Donnel.
No america dumped your ideology and thats it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2009, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, Calif.
18,262 posts, read 15,688,802 times
Reputation: 4472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Once again spewing garbage I see. Under Clinton how many times did they attack the US? Zero,thats right;because they knew BUSH was the pushover.The economy continues to drop including the markets because of uncertainty with the stimulus.When it came to other countries they never respected us under Bush,just feared because they knew an idiot was in charge and as far as they know,he might let his own people rot! Oh yeah, he did after the hurricanes.Clinton never responded to attacks because they never came.As for Obama he decided to focus our troops where they should have always been;Afghanistan and NOT Iraq.No matter who is at the helm most of the world will always hate us but Obama will restore some of that.This wont happen in one month because if that were the case then consider this:When Bush took over he slowly killed a country for about 5-6 years and then for 2-3 years attempted to help it (or whatever he wants to call it) and we see how much progress he made. Let me make it simple for you in case you don't understand-------- BUSH-BAD,anybody else including OBAMA-can't be as bad.
Do the words "1993 World Trade Center Bombing" mean anything to you?

And what about the U.S.S. Cole bombing in 2000? Not to mention bombing U.S. interests... attacks on U.S. embassies and the Khobar Towers attack.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2009, 03:46 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
10,168 posts, read 9,668,592 times
Reputation: 5675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
The notion of America losing respect under Bush was always just a partisan sham purveyed by the left.
And then you say that liberals are conspiracy theorists
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2009, 03:48 PM
 
492 posts, read 600,271 times
Reputation: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Are you kidding? The vast majority of the world's populace would have voted for Obama, if they had had the privilege.
I guess that means anything would be better than what they have now.

Germany? France? England? What say you?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2009, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,126 posts, read 8,154,469 times
Reputation: 2322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Do the words "1993 World Trade Center Bombing" mean anything to you?

And what about the U.S.S. Cole bombing in 2000? Not to mention bombing U.S. interests... attacks on U.S. embassies and the Khobar Towers attack.
No matter who has been the president our embassies and other interests that are OUT OF THE COUNTRY have always been targeted. Now in 1993 refresh my memory,who specifically hit the WTC? Was that the van bomb one?
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top