Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 10:51 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,439,108 times

Advertisements

You justified American actions based on Saddam picking on women. You said it.

Intellectual Laziness, you don't know why listing democrats who supported the war based on information given to them by those who supported the war is intellectual laziness?

Oh,, My,,, Gawd.

Across the internet the rightwingwhackos bring that up, yet they never stop to think about who gave them the information to make decisions with.

Is it no wonder that the majority of Americans picture conservatives as hayseeds with ball caps on backwards and the sleeves torn out of their shirts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2007, 10:54 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,612,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
So these people are allowed to make mistakes, but not the President? They had access to the same intelligence as Bush, unless you have some evidence that Bush manipulated the intelligence reports.
Of course I have no evidence of manipulation. However, they have no evidence of WMD. Suspicion is not justification for action. Suspicion is motivation for investigation.

Quote:
BTW, the Constitution only allows impeachment because of "high crimes and misdemeanors". In competence is not an impeachable offense.
Two words for ya, Criminal Negligence

Quote:
Regardless of whether Saddam had WMD, which is still not proven one way or another, he violated his surrender agreement 17 times and shot at our aircraft patrolling the UN mandated No-Fly zone. These offenses are justification for "serious consequences" including regime change.
Read that again. He shot at OUR aircraft patrolling a "no-fly" zone. Maybe that was his way of patrolling said zone? The arrogance of the US is appalling. Maybe flying in the "no-fly" zone, or should I say "spying" justifies the consequences imposed by Saddam? Think about it objectively. I don't like the man, and yes, I'm glad he's gone, but I'm not happy about how it happened.

~T

Old 03-21-2007, 10:58 AM

Imagine the nerve of that man, shooting at American aircraft flying over his country.
I bet if China established a no fly zone over America no one would take pot shots at them, we being a law abiding bunch of sheep as we are.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:01 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
[quote=greatbasinguide;480943]
Quote:
You justified American actions based on Saddam picking on women. You said it.
Nope. Sorry. Never did. If I did, maybe you should provide the quote.

Quote:
Intellectual Laziness, you don't know why listing democrats who supported the war based on information given to them by those who supported the war is intellectual laziness?
No. As I stated previously, they were privvy to the same intelligence that the White House had at the time. Demonstrating that others with the same information, especially those hostile to the White House, came to the same conclusion shows that the White House did not lie or mislead and is a reasonable rebuttal for such a claim.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:18 PM

First, your statement was certainly an inference,

As for the second, they were not privvy to the same intelligence, they were privvy to what the executive branch gave them.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
Of course I have no evidence of manipulation. However, they have no evidence of WMD. Suspicion is not justification for action. Suspicion is motivation for investigation.
Yet, you've claimed that he lied. You can't have it both ways.

Quote:
Two words for ya, Criminal Negligence
Again trying to have it both ways. You have no evidence, yet you've convicted him.

Quote:
Read that again. He shot at OUR aircraft patrolling a "no-fly" zone. Maybe that was his way of patrolling said zone? The arrogance of the US is appalling. Maybe flying in the "no-fly" zone, or should I say "spying" justifies the consequences imposed by Saddam? Think about it objectively. I don't like the man, and yes, I'm glad he's gone, but I'm not happy about how it happened.
Yes. This no-fly zone was instituted by the U.N. in reference to Saddam's surrender agreement after having invaded Kuwait. He agreed to the no-fly zone, yet he fired on our aircraft. Spying is a good description, to keep an eye on his activities subsequent to his invasion of Kuwait.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Imagine the nerve of that man, shooting at American aircraft flying over his country.
I bet if China established a no fly zone over America no one would take pot shots at them, we being a law abiding bunch of sheep as we are.
See previous post.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
First, your statement was certainly an inference,

As for the second, they were not privvy to the same intelligence, they were privvy to what the executive branch gave them.
You're incorrect again. William Cohen was Secretary of Defense under Clinton. He had access to the intelligence.
Bob Graham, John Edwards, John Rockefeller, Tom Daschle were all members of the Senate Intelligence Committee in 2000-2001. They too had access to the same intelligence reports. Good try though.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:42 PM

Here is a short article for you to chew on;

The International Atomic Energy Agency declared in 1998 that Iraq's nuclear program had been completely dismantled. The UN Special Commission on Iraq (UNSCOM) estimated
then that at least 95 percent of Iraq's chemical weapons program had been similarly accounted
for and destroyed. Iraq's potential to develop biological weapons is a much bigger question
mark, since such a program is much easier to hide. However, UNSCOM noted in 1998 that
virtually all of Iraq's offensive missiles and other delivery systems had been accounted for and
rendered inoperable. Rebuilding an offensive military capability utilizing weapons of mass
destruction (WMDs) virtually from scratch would be extraordinarily difficult under the
current international embargo.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:45 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,236 times
HEY YOU GUYS, you ruined my POST!!!! I thought we were going to talk about the WAR MEMORIAL!!!

Isn't it funny how it always goes to the Administration and Religion!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies