Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 03:31 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Ok, (cynical voice kicks in) so you think that the person who put the money in the bill isn't going to get something he wants out of it? How exactly do you think D.C. runs?
Generally a pork rider gets slipped in at the last minute, the author gets a share for the pet project they want and any that's left goes to whatever else can use it. Kinda like the bridge to nowhere...
Oh wait, this administration is the completely honest one that would NEVER stoop to back scratching politics right?
I never said that - nor did YOU ever provide ANY evidence to back up your claim that the LA-LV route will be funded - and in fact based on the existing designated high-speed rail corridors it seems unlikely that it WILL happen.

IF and WHEN that DOES happen then you may an argument.
Until that time you are just voicing an empty opinion with ZERO evidence.
And THAT'S a fact.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 07:39 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I never said that - nor did YOU ever provide ANY evidence to back up your claim that the LA-LV route will be funded - and in fact based on the existing designated high-speed rail corridors it seems unlikely that it WILL happen.

IF and WHEN that DOES happen then you may an argument.
Until that time you are just voicing an empty opinion with ZERO evidence.
And THAT'S a fact.

Ken
Well I guess my opinion is just as valid as yours isn't it..

Old 02-28-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well I guess my opinion is just as valid as yours isn't it..
Sure - except that my opinion is backed up by FACTS.
There is NO money specifically targeted for LA-LV high speed rail - let alone a "magnetic levitation line from Las Vegas to Disneyland" as espoused by Jindal.

None.
Nada.
Zip.

And that's a FACT - as opposed to your CONJECTURE that it will be funded.

Ken

Old 03-03-2009, 07:50 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,473 times
Quote:
quote=Siouxcia;7628945GOP men and women constantly talk about Palin's looks.
Not true! Her looks do get mentioned but lets not exaggerrate.

Quote:
There are as many who think she looks ok as there are those who think she's pretty or those who think she's homely.
She is a beautiful woman. Go ahead, talk 'til you are blue in the face siouxcia. You are not going to change that fact.

Quote:
I guess when she opened the door to her hotel room and invited the Secret Service in wearing only a towel she was trying to change one of their minds?
Petty insults.
Quote:
WTF does being pretty/ugly/or average have to do with her abilities as a VP or VPOTUS? She opened her mouth and proved to the people who were looking for a leader, not a beauty queen, that she knows nothing of these United States beyond the borders of Alaska and even here she has peripheral vision.
And wtf does being black have to do with Obama's abilities to be leader of the free world?
Yet he is our current president because he is black. That is not an opinion, That is a fact.
He leapfrogged an entire field of infinitely more qualified candidates because of his skin color and because he speaks well.

Quote:
The woman gives you a woody, ok we get it! But, you're assumption that all (straight) men respond to her the way you do is plain wrong.
For the record, I used a term that many women seem to enjoy using in order to denigrate the male thought process.
You used the term woody.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:49 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
And wtf does being black have to do with Obama's abilities to be leader of the free world?
Yet he is our current president because he is black. That is not an opinion, That is a fact.
He leapfrogged an entire field of infinitely more qualified candidates because of his skin color and because he speaks well.

These are unfortunate comments from a person who has badly misinterpreted what happened during the last presidential election. Instead, look at the news about the Obama campaign's unique organization and use of the Internet, the emphases of his policies, etc.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:32 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,317 times
I wonder if Playboy has offered her money for a spread yet to be Miss July 2009.

No I am not a frequent consumer of their product, but I would be severely tempted to purchase that issue or at least sneak a peek at the news stand.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
No, that's a load of BS.
He's our President because he had the best organized campaign, lots of folks liked his ideas, and he was the most inspiring and convincing speaker.

Of course YOU will still think it's because he Black - which CLEARLY must be the case. After all, Jesse Jackson is Black he's had soooooooooooooo much success as a Presidential candidate.

Ken

Old 03-03-2009, 11:02 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
It occurs to me that the main difference between Sarah Palin and Joe the Plumber is that Palin happens to hold an actual elective office. When her term as Governor is over, the two of them will be virtually indistinguishable. Perhaps that's a sign..."Palin-Plumber 2012." (I can envision this, although there are better images I could have in my mind!)

Old 03-03-2009, 11:19 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Wow, this has to be one of the most ludicrous statements I've heard in a while. Did you pay attention to how the campaigns were run? Or did you just take someone's word for it. PRESIDENT Obama ran an well-organized campaign based not only on television, but through the internet, youtube, cell phones.

Did you ACTUALLY THINK that the McCain/Palin ticket was a better fit for this country? Why? Because she was purrrrrty? Because Oh ya know, she was just another hockey mom, you beccha, speakin to all those Joe Sixpacks out there. <<wink-wink>>. And ya know, we're the real Americans doncha know....

Sorry, but just plain folks wasn't what we needed.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:38 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
The same can be said of ji9mmy carter and even Clinto . But tehn also for most politicans.The media seems to have gotten to where they cover anyhting that has litle to do with teh issues because that gets viewership. That is what they depend on for sells. No surpise in either .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies